FL - Sarasota, Human skull found, Aug'11 - Bruce Oberlin

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Ms Suzanne, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Active Member

I just got back from a few weeks of being on vacation.I'm just now seeing this.Does anyone have any more information on this skull found or can keep us updated on this?Male? female? How long the skull had been there ect...

Human skull found behind Sarasota kennel club.

More at the link

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...asota-Kennel-Club/RJAr-kPw0kK-C-h6Ae6lgA.cspx

SARASOTA COUNTY - The Sarasota Police Department and the Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the discovery of a human skull.

On July 31st a concerned citizen discovered a human skull near an abandoned parking lot located behind the Sarasota Kennel Club on Desoto Road.

Officers from the Sarasota Police Department and the Sarasota County Sherriff’s Office responded to the scene and conducted a grid search in an effort to locate any additional bones or evidence

2. Loading...

3. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Active Member

4. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't put too much on the assessment of the size of the skull by the person who found it.

The skull has a very prominent brow ridge, which would suggest to me that it's male. But then again, I am not an anthropologist.

5. MEM2010

MEM2010 New Member

6. CarlK90245

7. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

It looks rather clean to me, like it hadn't been out in the elements for too long.

8. MEM2010

MEM2010 New Member

Doesn't appear to be Adji since I believe he had his those two front teeth. I believe Haleigh did as well.

Hopefully someone can figure this out soon!

9. CarlK90245

The teeth probably fell out after death, so that doesn't disqualify them, though I doubt it's either of them. It doesn't look like a child's skull to me. You would see very distinct cranial sutures if it was a child, and the teeth look well-developed.

10. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Active Member

The teeth did look bigger to me.

11. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Active Member

I agree,it does look too clean to me too.It honestly looks kind of staged to me and the skull doesn't looked chewed on to me.Has there been any new information on this skull found?

12. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Yeah... could be staged...

I dunno... just the way it sits there neatly on top of the vegetation and not in the middle of it makes it look like it was just dropped there recently. Remembering the Caylee trial and the roots that grew through the skull in the six months the remains were there and this is nothing like that.

13. CarlK90245