FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
news...wjhgtv...says that LE was aware of the bakers and their background....but why are they searching today....said more at 5 and 6pm...its 1241 here...along time to wait....all of u r amazing...has anyone heard from 0rb4 lately.....

Sumthin tells me LE didn't put 2 and 2 together until our very own WSers made the connetion, otherwise I think LE would have paid The Bakers a visit before today JMO

Poppy, I was just going to post the exact same thing. Why would they sit on their hands knowing Shannon could be in danger but still alive?

orb4 was on about two hours ago?

news...wjhgtv...says that LE was aware of the bakers and their background....but why are they searching today....said more at 5 and 6pm...its 1241 here...along time to wait....all of u r amazing...has anyone heard from 0rb4 lately.....

Sure....LE wants to take the credit. Whatever! Just as long as they find Shannon ALIVE I don't care.

Whoa! I didn't notice this in the article the first time I read it:

A woman who said she was Susan Baker's niece confirmed she was the same woman. But that arrest, according to niece Tabatha Phillips, was "on a technicality" and Baker was innocent.

Tab confirms that both Susan Baker's are one in the same person!

Who was it that decided she was innocent?

Really ... they best swarm an apartment building on Orange Hill Road as well as the house!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping that LE is all over Orange Hill Road .... halleleujah

why swam the apartment?

Anyone remember if the SB was there to help the same day the baby went missing? Why am I thinking something about the grey van that she wasn't?

THAT'S RIGHT...I really want this baby alive...i hope that tb doesn't have her hide somewhere....they have allowed these people time to handle their business....God i hope i'm wrong....but i want this baby found alive...where is tb from...anyone know?

I have to wonder if SB didn't bamboozle these parents somehow. Maybe SHE was able to convince them that they needed help when the family couldn't for some reason?

It is my humble opinion that Shannon's parents were taken advantage of.

Wow! Tabatha is really a piece of work! "Technicality"? "Innocent"? SB was convicted and served prison time. And then: ""That's the only reason they're putting her as a person of interest now is because of all of that crap that happened way back when," Phillips said. "They need to start asking (the mother) where the child is," she said. "She's the one that put it somewhere.""

"All that crap"??????? A missing child who was never found and another found to have been severely beaten . . . BY SB, per the conviction?

And publicly blaming Shannon's mother, while LE is refusing to do so?

I think we can pretty safely assume that anything said or posted by Tabitha is false.

Tabitha might not be Tabitha at all?

Comparison, this is definitely the same person.
SB in 2000
SB2000.jpg

SB Recently
sue.jpg

Wow, that was a lot of reading to catch up on! Has anyone ran a background check on SB to see if she has any other priors? I still have a hard time believing that someone could take a child from your room where you and your husband are sleeping and not be woke up. I realize that mom has a disability, but still she has managed to make it on her own up till now. I am wondering if mom was employed (I am guessing not since she is on disability) and if she is not employed then why all of the day care? It is not like there wasn't a father in the home as well. I undertand date night, shopping, and stuff but it sounds like SB was a mainstay in her life. I am a social worker in MI, and I work with DHS protective services on a daily basis. I dont see them leaving a child in a home that requires a babysitter on a constant basis UNLESS both parents are employed. And even if they did, in MI the parents are responsible for finding the sitter, not DHS.

Both of the parents have disabilities and are unemployed, receiving SSI. I do not believe that SB is an 'approved' babysitter by DCF; more like a "friend" that offers help as needed. I can understand completely why they would want a babysitter. I have a 6 month old and sometimes I just need a break and I do not have disabilities.

DCF supposedly checks on the home to ensure the safety of the child. I have worked with DCF in this district (as a foster parent and at an agency that had a Child Protection Team) . . . I don't think DCF is to blame here. If Shannon had her basic needs met...food, clothing and shelter...then why would DCF remove her?

Poppy, I was just going to post the exact same thing. Why would they sit on their hands knowing Shannon could be in danger but still alive?

Exactly, when it comes to a missing baby you do not wait, Says they were aware of Bakers Background, so what took LE so long to get there?? WSers make a connection, call it in and boom, LE is all over them like white on rice, not saying anything bad about LE, but they could have been a little quiker on this, say like as soon as they knew about the sitter??

i thought that the neighbor saw the grey van the morning of the call to LE...it was on the news somewhere...i remember it was a man...said the van was their earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member