FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord whoever made Susan Baker the Parenting Police. 1 Missing assumed dead/ 1 violently abused/ now another she babysat missing...

She had no place to report Shannon or vilify the woman she did in her myspace blog.

What's the source of the info that Erica is a young child? In the letter, SB says both Michael and E*** "have shoke that baby too. They smoke ciggerets and drugs with the baby in the same room." Erica must be awfully precocious (in all the wrong ways) if she's a "young child".

And I don't see any need to asterisk her name. I think when it was first mentioned here on WS, it was from a private source and not out in the media yet. But the name is in SB's letter, which has been provided to the media by DCF.

All true pinkpuddytat - but here at WS, we all do our best to protect the identity of minors (especially innocent minors which have not been shown to be connected to a case) which includes reducing their names to initials or asteriks. It is kind of an unwritten rule. We are all concerned about the protection of children.

Hope this info helps - I'm not trying to be bossy, this is just one of the reasons I appreciate the WS forum and am a poster here.

Salem

Perhaps because they had her under surveillance and given their history, feared that the child would be killed if they realized that they were the POIs.

I don't think she knew. And that Tab person kept mouthing off long after they must have realized. The information tab was using to accuse the mother may have reflected what SB did with the remains, in which case it's best to let her keep hanging herself. If they thought the child was already gone, they may have hoped that they would panic when the search started and try to relocate the remains to evade capture. She really sounds like an over-confident nut who thought she could fool everyone because she already got away with it once.

Notice how quickly Tabitha shut up after her "aunt" was implicated.

We should all calm down and not jump all over each other, imo. Everyone is just clearly very concerned for little Shannon.

I can confirm that. My Fiance is a CPS investigator and he tells me about 70% of calls are just vengeful people.

That doesn't include calls from schools or doctors, but calls from the public.

Very true - CPS showed up at my door because my (now ex) husband's ex-wife accused me of beating my stepson. CPS even took away our visitation for a month because they believed her and not me.

The reason she did this: because we just bought a nice, two-story brick house and she was stuck living in a single-wide behind a strip club.

In the end I was cleared because it was found out that not only was the X physically harming my stepson, but allowing him to be molested by her grandfather (she knew it was happening).

We got custody.

http://www.panhandleparade.com/inde...lds_babysitter_missing_since_1987/mbb7719693/

(snip)
South Carolina authorities say they received a tip that the Bakers killed their son and dumped the body. They were arrested and brought to a grand jury on a charge of high and aggravated assault and battery and taken to South Carolina for questioning. The case is still open and is being treated as a homicide. Court records show that the grand jury did not indict the couple and the prosecution dropped the charges.

more info on LEO @ SB's

Washington County sheriff's investigators were working on that connection Wednesday. Around 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, two deputies from Holmes and Jackson counties were at the gate to the Bakers' property. The home was not visible, sitting down a long path and blocked by a hill.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Andrea Gainey could not confirm if deputies were descending on the home.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/span-78790-baker-class.html?wap=0

there is a back ground on her in bay county...thank you for the post of her middle inital...would you believe domestic violence....hummm

Hi Joybell,

Can you link me to the bay county website that you used to find the record?

Eleph

I wouldn't give a crap what people thought. they could sleuth me, chart me all they wanted. I would be all over the news begging for my child back, I would be contacting TES begging Tim to come search, and I would be asking for the people in the astrology thread to do a chart to help me find my child.

If you were mentally disabled, as Tina and Rusty are, it's very unlikely that you would be. In fact, it's quite likely that LE is preventing Tina and Rusty from speaking publicly, due to their mental disability, and thus their probable inability to understand and keep track of what information needs to be kept confidential in order to avoid hampering the investigation. A court would surely approve a request from LE for an order to that effect, when the mental disability status is already documented for SSI. They're not in a position to defend themselves, or to actively participate in media communications in an attempt to get their baby daughter home.

To be a paralegal, her spelling is p*ss poor.

Ahhh, you got to it first :) As an Executive Assistant, there's no way SB is a paralegal. If you look at her grammar, along with the spelling errors, I'm confident she didn't get past the application process. Can you imagine what her resume looks like?

Most folks (not all) talk in a similar pattern as to how they read/write. I'd sure like to hear her speak. Being a paralegal is a very hard and detail oriented job. I also don't know of a paralegal who is not a Notary Public. If this is the same SB that was involved in the 87 case, she would have to go visit LE every 4 years for fingerprints and a background check to renew her license. Felons are not allowed to be NP's (if in fact she was charged with a crime). I still get nervous going in for my 4-year-checkups!

In short, My thought is we may be talking about 2 different people.

MOO

Mel

Well thanks for the credit but it was all you wonderful sleuthers who did all the followup sleuthing. Just received a phone msg. from Beaufort County Sheriffs Office saying thanks for the tip and they are now closely working with LE in Chipley Fla.

EastCoast, thank you for being so vigilant and having such a great memory. If it had not been for you recalling little Paul Baker, we would likely not have made the connection.

I went to bed last night with a very large weight lifted from my heart knowing that the phone call to the Sheriff's office and emails that I sent likely would make a difference in finding little Shannon.

I want to thank everyone here for encouraging me to send along the information that EastCoast uncovered for us.

Since the beginning, I have not felt that the parents were involved in her disappearance.

Now, I am praying for her safe return to her family.

i would like to know....
how did SB meet the parents of Shannon?
who pays SB? to babysit

She is related to the father. I forget how, but I have saved tab's posts attempting to explain it. I can try to summarize it later.

'They said SB was in touch multiple times with the News Herald on Tuesday night, wonder what that was about?

DCF has released an 8 page review, wonder where we could find that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie