FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got here......anything verified today? Do we know anything for sure?
Thanks to anyone who can answer.

BTW, good work everybody!

So clearly if this house has been cleared, it is not possible that it was the location of where the crime took place, even if it was the last place that Somer was seen.

I think they mean it was a cleared crime scene like they got all the evidence from it they were going to. They spent days in it according to the article. They have to give it back to the owner.

I don't know why DNA would take so long. My son, his ex gf and baby were swabbed and the results that he was the baby daddy was back in two days. That was seven years ago!

Also don't all RSOs have a DNA profile in their file?

I'm wondering if they did find DNA on Somer and it didn't match the RSOs and that's why they ruled them out so quickly?

Isn't there a Condo complex close to that house?

I've been reading here everyday, and don't know if anyone theorized this; maybe Somer created a perfect opportunity for her killer...if she was upset with her siblings, she may have hid in that house, watching for them to pass by, and in doing so, became a perfect target/opportunity to be snatched quietly by the perpetrator, observing her actions.

There are apartments at the corner of Kingsley and DeBarry, right around the corner. Middletowne Apartments.

Really getting off here now...

I was thinking that too but then just realized....it doesn't matter if any one of the 3 were there by themselves does it? If they swabbed all 3 or 2 whoever V said was there...then they have their DNA. And if Somer had DNA under her fingernails...then they would already know if they have a match. So this tells me it's none of those workers...am I missing something? :banghead:
Was someone else there that they knew?

We don't know if DNA results are back yet or even the quality of DNA of the possible perp they found on Somer.
Unless there's DNA under her fingernails, I'm thinking it could be contaminated by the garbage surrounding her. MOO

Was I imagining it or did someone post that they tracked down the real Kyle and he said that he did not make that call and interview? tia
No, nobody said that. What was said was that Kyle did not call the reporter, the reporter called him.

True, but it seems LE would have been able to see scratches or bite marks on these guys...just moo

anyone down there wearing turtlenecks, long sleeves???
It can't be that cold yet.........at funeral I saw allot of summer type clothes......
BTW by now 10 days........healed up........

I kind of do. I was daddy's little construction helper at that age though and would have been intrigued by the goings on. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for sometimes.

She seemed to be a free spirited child, it would not surprise me that she made that comment. I am desperately trying to figure out the Restroom evidence and the house on Gano , if she was initially attacked in the washroom , LE would have spent more than 6 min. and if the crime occurred in the home on Gano and the construction dudes had gone, than what happened to her in the meantime. I think we need to know when they stopped work that day.

It could be the crime scene but it is now cleared, meaning that they have finished their investigation.

I was under the impression when they spoke about it on HLN that it had been "cleared", as in that they had not determined it to be the scene where the crime took place, but you're probably right. I'd have thought that they'd held onto it for a longer amount of time though if it was still the primarily location of where this little girl was attacked.

It's just strange to me that Kyle say's Somer commented on the house and that he was the last one to see her alive. How does he know that? One would think that her killer was the last one to see her alive! So is ol Kyle placing himself as her killer by admitting he was the last one to see her alive?
Another thing...why doesn't he expound on which direction she went when she left the house, how long she stayed, if she said anything about hiding from her siblings. if she said anything about the fight. It's just strange that the only information he gives is that she complimented him on the house and he was the last one to see her.
I'd like to ask this man a few questions myself...like did she have her backpack with her, what was her demeanor, how long was she there, did anyone else see her or was he alone at the property, when she left which way did she go and last but not least, did he put the trash on the curb before he left the property.

Hello; my name is Cheewawa & I'm a changaholic. On the previous thread someone said Tuba was asking about the triangle & sandboxes, or a pile of sand. Can someone post a google map showing the triangle?

If I remember correctly, the area in front of the tennis courts at the park is full of sand (looks like the grass has been killed by cars driving on it or something along those lines).

I don't know why DNA would take so long. My son, his ex gf and baby were swabbed and the results that he was the baby daddy was back in two days. That was seven years ago!

Also don't all RSOs have a DNA profile in their file?

I'm wondering if they did find DNA on Somer and it didn't match the RSOs and that's why they ruled them out so quickly?
I'd think there'd also be a "rush" on processing it. MOO

No, nobody said that. What was said was that Kyle did not call the reporter, the reporter called him.

If that's true then the reporter should still have his phone number...I hope he has given it to LE.

I was thinking how we are always aghast at how many SOs are living in an area whenever there is some crime committed against a child...and it made me think, you know, that for every SO there is at least ONE victim...at least ONE, but more likely TWO or THREE or FOUR. There are over 3,000 SOs living in my area alone. That means there are probably at least 4,500 and could be as many as 16,000 or more sexual assault victims. Those are the ones that are reported and tried and convicted. That doesn't include the ones that never go to trial or that never have charges even brought. That is a whole heck of a lot of SO victims.

102_1662.jpg
this pic is taken from the home at 1080 towards the park...the only dumpster in the park is about 150 yrds away, straight out and to the right of this pic....it sits in the middle of this sports complex, and is not a big dumpster....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288