FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I did. I have the same questions. I only know heresay (rumor). From people who have been at the house since Somer first became missing. SP was described as someone who is VERY protective of DT. So much that this person thought he was her boyfriend for the first two days. I dont get why anyone who worked where she did would travel home for lunch to meet a friend or if she even had time to. Seems fishy to me. Always has.

Why do you think that is fishy? I have male friends I have met for lunch before and their wasen't anything fishy about it...

Why do you think that is fishy? I have male friends I have met for lunch before and their wasen't anything fishy about it...

Did you ask him to stick around and later found your child dead? Sorry but that's why it's fishy.

Someone had posted about a California LE Officer's involvement with some murders there in the 80's. I just wanted to fill in a little more. There was Craig Peyer, a California Hwy Patrolman, who stalked women he pulled over on I-15 in California, killing at least one of them: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Peyer[/ame]

Then there was George Gwaltney, another CA Hwy Patrolman, who was convicted of raping and murdering a young woman after pulling her over: http://cases.justia.com/us-court-of-appeals/F2/790/1378/8638/

And additionally there was Florida State Trooper, Tim Harris, who stalked and terrorized his wife, and raped and killed a young woman he pulled over (info on him is a little sparse - but if you go down to the bit about Lake Placid Police Chief Phil Williams, it talks about his participation in investigating the case): http://www.staugustine.com/stories/042003/new_1461671.shtml

All of that said, here's my take on the alleged attempted abduction that happened 10 days before Somer went missing. I think that the little girl (K.B.) rode out in front of a car driven by S.P. There was a law enforcement officer (probably off duty) riding with friends and they saw this occur. They were worried about her safety because she was young, alone, and pulling out in front of traffic, so they pulled over to her - I have to admit to having done this sort of thing myself if I see a young child behaving dangerously in the roadway. I've even asked where their parent is and I've gone to the door and talked to the parent. It probably doesn't do any good, but I've been known to do it anyway. Maybe they were worried enough that they did suggest they take her to her mother - not the way they should have handled it, but maybe that's what they did.

By that time, S.P. had also pulled over, and not knowing there was a law enforcement officer in the first car, she was concerned (first about almost having hit the girl, and second, because she didn't know who the people were in the first car). I don't know why at that point all the adults just didn't get out and talk to each other, but for whatever reason, the first car (maybe thinking she was ok, plus, she'd already refused their ride), moved on.

I don't know why LE didn't release more info on it. Maybe the officer didn't want to be caught up in the press. Maybe he was undercover. Who knows. I just don't get the feeling that this particular incident was related to Somer's later abduction and murder.

I've been thinking...seems I can't get this case out of my head...
The backpack and the lunch tote is what really needs to be found. There will most likely be DNA and prints on these items. So this is my theory.
If Somer was killed in the Gano house and if the Gano house was still under construction at the time of the murder, I'm wondering if these items might be found in the wall of the Gano house. Maybe even behind insulation or perhaps just behind the dry wall.
I'd really like to know if this has been checked out.

Can u please tell me which videos this person is in? Honestly there were several kinda creepy people that came thru line. But one individual, I have been looking for and maybe this is him. Pls help me figure out who you are talking about and I will go into further details after I look at him.

Thanks... also I only know a first name... no last.. am I allowed to just post the first name?

Don't ask me as I am new with all these rules. Maybe just the initial of the first name?

nb..your link (& others ) takes me to SP--8th row down--pix 1&2 :waitasec:

I've discovered NONE of us can count or we are looking at some different links. :waitasec:

I think Infinity is talking about the young man in the yellow polo shirt.

ETA: He's on pg.4, fourth row down, in the pic on the far right, dated 10/21, and also in the fifth row down in the pic on the far left, also dated 10/21. Both pics taken at the candlelight vigil.

It's 5 rows down for me--pix 1 :waitasec:

Most of us wondered who he (yellow polo shirt & buzz cut) was from day 1..I still dont know, does anyone?

Did you ask him to stick around and later found your child dead? Sorry but that's why it's fishy.

No, that didn't happen Thank God...... If he did this I still don't think the mom is involved,

nb..your link (& others ) takes me to SP--8th row down--pix 1&2 :waitasec:

I count it as the fifth one down on the left. First one on the left. Dark hair, yellow shirt.

It seems fishy to me. only my opinion. Seems a long way to meet someone at lunch and then ask him to stay to meet the kids.. who usually was there, anyone? I have many male friends I have gone to lunch with.. but honestly, the few times I met a man at home for lunch... well we didnt eat. But then again, its only my opinion. Back in my twenties, I met male friends for lunch at home to smoke weed. Im just bein truthful. Just friends, just lunch, is usually at a restaurant. I dont think any of this has anything to do wiht somers murder. Other than information may be withheld due to people not wanting LE to discover other things. only my opinions.

Scared Monkeys.com are talking about something relevant. They found an article about a teen assaulting 3 Jacksonville girls and not being charged because he's well connected. I hope Infinity looks at the photo and sees if she thinks it's the guy. Thanks.

http://www.folioweekly.com/documents/coverstory.pdf

I handled a case really similar to that one time involving a county commissioner. The sherriff was friends with him, so he did the smartest thing and immediately asked the Attorney General's office to step in and investigate. The guy did end up being found guilty, but the press (and their school friends) just excoriated the girls involved. Ate them up alive. It was awful.

If the kid in the above link keeps going like he is, there is a lot of disaster and heartbreak in the future for both him and his future victims.

I don't think this is the guy in this case though, the other incidents seem to share a very similar pattern, and it seems to work for him, so I think he'd continue with that pattern. This does illustrate the fact that this could very well be someone with experience as an SO, but no actual record - maybe because he hasn't been caught yet, or he's been able to plead down to non SO charges in the past.

OT

But, does anyone think the pig character on the lunch box could be pigglet?

If so, could someone help search for it?

I don't think DT and SP had some romance going that day. Too little time. But I am wondering why she came home for lunch with such a short short short time frame for lunch.

I have a lot of friends that are into alternative healing. Reiki is just a sort of massage. No big deal. If people tried it, they would like it, I am sure. I don't think that he would have has time over lunch for reiki unless her lunch time was a lot longer than an hour.

I just don't get the going home part.

Really, SP could not have had the time. He had about a 15 minute window of opportunity the way I see it.

I would think that a perp would like to have a little more time (how creepy is that to type!) Why wouldn't SP do something when he would come under no suspicion? I suppose people can be really, really stupid, but that seems really stupid for no reason that I can see.

As far as Somer's missing stuff, why wouldn't they just keep it or trash it anywhere?
I think the perp kept it for a souvenir. Why not throw it with her otherwise? I don't think the perp thought that she would be found.

It's hard to picture WLK walking through the woods and coming upon Somer. Didn't he have a car that he could drive? Of course, he could be skulking around and walk places for all we know.

The lack of info by LE is extremely puzzling.

And the attorney for DT is puzzling. Don't they get something like $300 an hour? Has anyone ever seen an attorney right there after an incident like this? I don't know as this is the first case I've followed on here.

I handled a case really similar to that one time involving a county commissioner. The sherriff was friends with him, so he did the smartest thing and immediately asked the Attorney General's office to step in and investigate. The guy did end up being found guilty, but the press (and their school friends) just excoriated the girls involved. Ate them up alive. It was awful.

If the kid in the above link keeps going like he is, there is a lot of disaster and heartbreak in the future for both him and his future victims.

I don't think this is the guy in this case though, the other incidents seem to share a very similar pattern, and it seems to work for him, so I think he'd continue with that pattern. This does illustrate the fact that this could very well be someone with experience as an SO, but no actual record - maybe because he hasn't been caught yet, or he's been able to plead down to non SO charges in the past.

You are right. Just wishful thinking on my part. I just wish they would arrest the monster or monsters soon. This has been too long for me and I can't rest until they find this monster.

O/T

Just want to say THANKS to AmandaReckonWith for her Photobucket. Found myself watching the slideshow of all those pictures ...

I dunno, at this point with the bookbag and lunchbox I'm just like, "hey, if anyone sees a grown man with a little girl's lunchbox or bookbag of any type, or finds a little girls bookbag or lunchbox on the ground, in the trash, wherever, tip it in to LE."

Because I just keep thinking that really, we have no way of knowing exactly what it was she was carrying that day, because the family still seems to be unclear on it. And no matter how many proposed photos we find, we don't have anyone who can verify whether or not its the right model.

OT

But, does anyone think the pig character on the lunch box could be pigglet?

If so, could someone help search for it?

If it was Piglet, would LE not just say so? The artist's drawing is not Piglet-like, but I don't know how much merit we're to give the sketches. I'm trying to link to the lunchbox in my signature but was having issues (lol ... me and JVM).

ETA: Links work and I don't think it looks like Piglet. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member