FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
in regards to some of the less flattering thoughts and suppositions re DT and her parenting, supervision of children, etc. I will keep my peace. Yes, hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. Yes some of her parenting choices are coming into question now, yes, she may have treated the kids bio father rudely or cruelly (remember, as far as I know we have only one unsubstantiated insider's description of that alleged bad behavior). I will keep my focus on the following question and keep myself from digressing into questioning mom.

Who did such an unspeakable thing to Somer?? Where is this predator now? How can we catch him/her?

It breaks my heart each time a family goes through this. I have to wonder each time I see NG interviewing some distraught family about their missing/murdered child - How would my family life, choices, decisions, parenting fare under the harsh scrutiny of the public spotlight? Who would I come off as? How would I appear to the world? None of us is perfect. Not one. How many of us could appear to be June Cleaver under such an intense glare of public opinion?

It has been 4 wks today since Somer went missing and I was hoping for some worthy news. When LE found her body so quickly I thought this case will be solved asap. I realize reality wise that it is not like CSI. I am just an impatient person as I want this Creep looked up NOW.

Did you know Somer?

What was she like?

Did she or her siblings roam the neighborhood often?

Thanks - I'll think of more questions I'm sure.

I was there when Diena and Sam were still together, and left when the twins were about 3 months old, so all I knew of Somer was when she was a newborn....I haven't been in touch too many times since then, but I have talked to Diena on a couple of occations....most recently last summer.

I have been doing a little sleuthing on Myspace. Friends of Friends of Friends. Has anyone noticed how many people are involved in the Dark arts within a 5 mile radius of where Somer went missing? There are only a couple degrees of separation between PC and people who are into some seriously dark stuff.

Welcome 4mer.naybor!

It makes me sad that DT would leave any of Somer's family out of Somer's obit. This is about Somer, not DT.

May I ask if you were a NC neighbor or a FL neighbor? If you'd rather not answer, that's okay.

I was a neighbor when we were all stationed at Fort Jackson, SC.

I have been doing a little sleuthing on Myspace. Friends of Friends of Friends. Has anyone noticed how many people are involved in the Dark arts within a 5 mile radius of where Somer went missing? There are only a couple degrees of separation between PC and people who are into some seriously dark stuff.

Good sleuthing, what kind of dark categories are you finding?

Sorry if I'm a bit confused.

You said that you're sure she left ST out of obit out of hate and spite - yet you seem to speak nicely about her in this post.

Do you know if there is a reason for the hate and spite towards ST?

TIA.

As far as I know it has been an ugly divorce, and I know that she just doesn't care about Sam (who is a GREAT person btw), so we didn't talk about him much...it was all nasty and negative....not sure why they split up, but that is between them I suppose. I don't think any of that has anything to do with Somers murder. Hope that helps to clarify some....In the divorce I am sympathetic toward both parties. Trying to remain friendly with both.

What dark arts exactly? As a person who identifies with the more earth honoring/based religion of wicca and who respects and studies all major religions as an opportunity to learn from all, many would consider my belief structure to be dark. I can assure you all I walk in the light, not the dark. I am curious if by dark arts you mean witchcraft or satanism or what?

As far as I know it has been an ugly divorce, and I know that she just doesn't care about Sam (who is a GREAT person btw), so we didn't talk about him much...it was all nasty and negative....not sure why they split up, but that is between them I suppose. I don't think any of that has anything to do with Somers murder. Hope that helps to clarify some....In the divorce I am sympathetic toward both parties. Trying to remain friendly with both.

Thank you 4mer.naybor for trying to give us info in a balanced way. It is VERY appreciated.

This is my question also. Was he current on child support? tia

I don't know if he was current, but in knowing Diena, I don't think she would let him get away with not being current. Since the divorce wasn't finalized as far as I know, they are still legally married, and there shouldn't have been a child support judgement officially handed out.

I don't know if he was current, but in knowing Diena, I don't think she would let him get away with not being current. Since the divorce wasn't finalized as far as I know, they are still legally married, and there shouldn't have been a child support judgement officially handed out.

Thank you. Most lawyers file for temporary child support when they file the petition for divorce. Sometimes money issues cause the bitterness evident in Dienas treatment of Sam. jmo

This case has deeply bothered me from the first second I heard about it.

I am hesitant to post any info, but as a former neighbor of the Thompsons, I am compelled to help in finding the true killer of Somer.

First thing to confirm, Diena is the mother is 5 children...there are 3 different dads...Sam Thompson is the father of Abby, Samuel and Somer. Andrew is the oldest, and the 2nd child (M.) does live with her father. I was disappointed to learn that Diena deliberately left out Sam and M. from the obit, yet not surprised at all. Regarding Sam's exclusion, I am sure it was completely out of hatred and spite, but there was no excuse to leave out M.

I am open for questions, but please be considerate.

Howdy 4mer.naybor

It's tough drawing conclusions with nothing much to go on - I know I speak for all of us - we are all glad to have you here, thanks so much for joining in.

I really want to know where this daughter "M" resides?
Do you know if she's in Florida?
Does "M" know DT is her mother???
Does she know her mother has gone on to have other children since having her?

Oh just one more thing I wonder, did you ever do much partying with DT?

Thanks in advance.
tarabull.

Good sleuthing, what kind of dark categories are you finding?

There is an active Satanic Order within a 5 mile area of where Somer went missing. They seem to be very into it and even have posted photos of a black mass.

What dark arts exactly? As a person who identifies with the more earth honoring/based religion of wicca and who respects and studies all major religions as an opportunity to learn from all, many would consider my belief structure to be dark. I can assure you all I walk in the light, not the dark. I am curious if by dark arts you mean witchcraft or satanism or what?

I don't consider wiccans to be dark. These people are followers of lucifer. There credo isn't harm none, its Do what thou wilt.

UPDATE - PLEASE DISREGARD THIS ARTICLE IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THE DATES ARE INCORRECT & THE ARTICLE HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. I am not deleting this (unless a Mod thinks that is best) as there are a number of posts discussing this & everyone would just be confused. Please accept my humblest apology as this article appeared to be legit. when I posted it. :blushing:

http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d16-Somer-Thompson-police-question-sex-offender-who-worked-at-Gano-house-seize-truck-trailer

JACKSONVILLE A registered sexual offender who worked on renovating a fire-damaged house at 1080 Gano Avenue in Orange Park, Florida--where witnesses last saw murder victim, Somer Thompson on 10/19--was questioned by Clay County police on Friday, Nov. 13, 2009.

On 11/16, Firstcoastnews.com reported that George Christopher Vinson, 33 (photo, above)--a resident of Mandarin, near Orange Park and also in the Jacksonville area--previously worked on the Gano Avenue house for his brother, James. James owns Vinson Design and Build, a construction company hired to repair the Gano Ave. dwelling that had been vacant for several months after a fire.

The Jacksonville news group reported online that according to Alissa Barrs--the sister of George and James Vinson--police spent several hours questioning James and his business partner on Thursday, then returned on 11/13 to interrogate George Vinson, whose name is listed on the Florida Department of Law Enforcement offender web site.

Police also seized a truck and trailer from the Vinson property.

Howdy 4mer.naybor

It's tough drawing conclusions with nothing much to go on - I know I speak for all of us - we are all glad to have you here, thanks so much for joining in.

I really want to know where this daughter "M" resides?
Do you know if she's in Florida?
Does "M" know DT is her mother???
Does she know her mother has gone on to have other children since having her?

Oh just one more thing I wonder, did you ever do much partying with DT?

Thanks in advance.
tarabull.

Regarding M. I am not sure where the father lives, I want to say Ohio, but its been a while, so don't quote me on that one. I thought I read that she attended the funeral though.

Of course M. knows that Diena is her mother, and she knows about the other children, she was living with Diena up the last few years apparently. I don't have the exact dates, but I imagine it was sometime in the past 5 years maybe that M. finally went to live with her dad.

Partying? Nah its not my style, we hung out a lot at home, on weekends with the husbands...usual neighborhood stuff.

Whether LE confirms it or not; sure looks like they have a POI at this time. Police also seized a truck and trailer from the Vinson property. Sound like promising news to me at this point anyway. WhooHoo!

http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-Tru...-who-worked-at-Gano-house-seize-truck-trailer

JACKSONVILLE A registered sexual offender who worked on renovating a fire-damaged house at 1080 Gano Avenue in Orange Park, Florida--where witnesses last saw murder victim, Somer Thompson on 10/19--was questioned by Clay County police on Friday, Nov. 13, 2009.

On 11/16, Firstcoastnews.com reported that George Christopher Vinson, 33 (photo, above)--a resident of Mandarin, near Orange Park and also in the Jacksonville area--previously worked on the Gano Avenue house for his brother, James. James owns Vinson Design and Build, a construction company hired to repair the Gano Ave. dwelling that had been vacant for several months after a fire.

The Jacksonville news group reported online that according to Alissa Barrs--the sister of George and James Vinson--police spent several hours questioning James and his business partner on Thursday, then returned on 11/13 to interrogate George Vinson, whose name is listed on the Florida Department of Law Enforcement offender web site.

Police also seized a truck and trailer from the Vinson property.

Does anyone else recall the brother saying work vehicles had been searched back when he was first interviewed by the media?

Maybe these are additional vehicles??

Or are they are back tracking??

Maybe some results are back from the lab....

at least they are looking at someone. I was beginning to fear this case had stalled. Crossing fingers and hoping against hope that they have finally got the culprit in their sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288