FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORANGE PARK As of Jan. 04, 2010, "Team Somer," as Clay County (Florida) Sheriff''s Office detectives making up a pared-down task force now dub themselves, has received a total of 4,474 leads--a few that "remain open/active and still are being worked aggressively"--while the north Florida law enforcement agency awaits forensic reports on "a large quantity of evidence," True Crime Examiner has learned.

In the new year's first update on the murder investigation of Somer Thompson, who was abducted from the Jacksonville suburb of Orange Park, during her afternoon walk home from school on Oct. 19, 2009, CCSO spokesperson Mary Justino notes that "in regards to this [pending] evidence, we remain hopeful that results will point us in the right direction ... [in order to identify] Somer's killer."
http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-Tru...m-Somer-awaits-forensics-reports-girls-killer

I pray they really do find the evidence to find Somers killer and her killer pays for what he /she has done to this pretty little girl.Her family will always be in my prayers.

I still think it is important that a construction truck and trailer from the Gano house was impounded by the police and I would really like to know if it was done with a warrant. Can't someone get those warrants?

I still think it is important that a construction truck and trailer from the Gano house was impounded by the police and I would really like to know if it was done with a warrant. Can't someone get those warrants?

I thought they were searched and returned to the owners ...

Police searched their Mandarin home Thursday and seized a truck and trailer from their property, she said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&provider=top

The 'she' is Alissa Barrs, sister of the Vinsons.

Does 'seized' mean they had warrant? It sounds like it to me.

James V. Video in which he states they did get the truck and trailer back and that they were cleared. Also on this video it is the DT family that told the reporter LE asked her not to view Somer's body. http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/

I think that it is also important that the sister said the GCV never worked there and the owner/brother said that GCV had worked there a couple of months ago.

Why the difference?

And we know that NO ONE has been cleared. What are you thinking about Dr. Fessel?

Maybe some of the evidence they are processing was from that truck and trailer.

I think that it is also important that the sister said the GCV never worked there and the owner/brother said that GCV had worked there a couple of months ago.

Why the difference?

And we know that NO ONE has been cleared. What are you thinking about Dr. Fessel?

It seems to me warrants would have been produced for the house and truck and trailer for legal reasons even if the owner of the house gave permission. I think there would have been questions if the search could be done on some workers property left in the home or truck and trailer. I just bet there is warrants and they would state more reason then just somer standing on that property.

The vinsons saying they were cleared when they got the truck back to is nonsense. You know they took trace evidence from that truck and trailer and its results would not be back for a long time.

The vinsons saying they were cleared when they got the truck back to is nonsense. You know they took trace evidence from that truck and trailer and its results would not be back for a long time.

Maybe that's who they are "watching". IMO
Just waiting for the evidence.

:waitasec:

Maybe that's who they are "watching". IMO
Just waiting for the evidence.

:waitasec:

it would make sense.. maybe didn't have anything conclusive enough during prelim testing to "hold him/them" but wanted to watch them. I know i have seen on these TV shows where they will of course make the suspect think they are in the clear - just so they will do something stupid while LE is really watching them.

I have always thought that the last place somer was on Gano was THAT house.. i don't think she ever left there on her own free will.

1) No other sightings after
2) Dogs lost scent right by there
3) the whole Kyle/reporter chicken/egg situation

I just dunno. But I'm leaning towards this.

Chickenpants help LOL tell me what I am looking at here.

The top of the list are the most prevalent offenders.
The bottom of the lest are the least frequent offenders.
Of child homicide. I have been looking at statistics for 3 days. Have to sort through long documents for what popped up on this simple list. ICD codes are commonly-used professional protocols. For example there is ICD protocols for diseases, etc. Don't ask me what ICD is lol it's been around since the dinosaurs.

At one point we were discussing people who may have been in the neighborhood that would not have looked out of place that day, ex: LE, Bus Drivers, etc... What about a cab driver?

The top of the list are the most prevalent offenders.
The bottom of the lest are the least frequent offenders.
Of child homicide. I have been looking at statistics for 3 days. Have to sort through long documents for what popped up on this simple list. ICD codes are commonly-used professional protocols. For example there is ICD protocols for diseases, etc. Don't ask me what ICD is lol it's been around since the dinosaurs.

Just to clarify: One of the reasons the families are on the top of the list is because infant homicide is included, and there are a greater number of those (shaken baby syndrome, etc.) The statistics vary when broken down by the age of the child. I believe it is something like 50 or so per cent at the age of seven. FYI

You know on a google drivebye I noticed a school bus in a persons drive way. I think it was on one of the streets she might have taken as a shortcut.

You know on a google drivebye I noticed a school bus in a persons drive way. I think it was on one of the streets she might have taken as a shortcut.

A poster on another site who was a local said they were a cab driver and they knew Somer. That two years ago ( making Somer 5 at the time) they came to pick up a fare in her neighborhood and she just jumped in and rode along. When they got back she ran straight to the Thompson home and said to the cab driver "They don't know where I am.

A poster on another site who was a local said they were a cab driver and they knew Somer. That two years ago ( making Somer 5 at the time) they came to pick up a fare in her neighborhood and she just jumped in and rode along. When they got back she ran straight to the Thompson home and said to the cab driver "They don't know where I am.

That is so damn spooky.

Who knows if this is true, but it sure would give some validity to the babysitter's statement regarding Somer's "disappearing" acts. I can't imagine though, that a cab driver would allow an unaccompanied 5 yr. old to "ride along". All of that makes no sense.

Add: unless of course, this cab driver has continued to "watch" Somer and took the opportunity to abduct her. ??? Good question...

George Vinson had a partner in the business. I wonder if he was working at the house that day at Gano and could his name be Kyle.

And what is Mandarin, is that a town by orange park? That is where the RSO Vinson lives according to that article.

Who knows if this is true, but it sure would give some validity to the babysitter's statement regarding Somer's "disappearing" acts. I can't imagine though, that a cab driver would allow an unaccompanied 5 yr. old to "ride along". All of that makes no sense.

Add: unless of course, this cab driver has continued to "watch" Somer and took the opportunity to abduct her. ??? Good question...

The cab driver could have originally thought she was with the people they were picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong