FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I know, your opinion is correct... It is a business dumpster.

What I want to know is how the perp knew about this dumpster because it is secluded and he/she/it would have to have had knowledge of this office complex and the dumpster.

It gives me the creeps to think that I may have seen or even talked to this person at some time in that office complex.

Edited to add: If you haven't seen it, I was discussing the dumpster with cathdawg here. There are several posts from me and another poster with knowledge about the dumpster/office complex mixed in throughout the comments.

its possible that a transient person could be the person that did this? but I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 of that being the case is about a 4... its a good place to concentrate on if that is the area she was placed in. an area of less then 1/4 mile from that location could be where she was taken to and assulted, maybe she could have been assulted in the wooded area and left there till night fall then taken to the dumpster? but I feel she was taken inside some place and assulted and then taken to the dumpster very late in the evening?

An easy way to remember what hearsay is.

Hearsay is any thing anyone says in the world that that is not under oath and in a court.

Everything that has ever been said on here about the somer case is hearsay .

And I can't wait for the day that CCSO has made an arrest and then we can all discuss it as fact based on what they allow in the media.

This has gone on for too long and the community just wants to see this killer off the streets. Sadly removing this one won't make our children any safer, but it will make it one less criminal we will have to worry about.

I didn't want to be the first person to open up about it, so when a poster by the name of S brought it up at news4jax I figured I could join in and give some confirmation to what they were posting since it is true.

I have known about it since the business owners that I have mentioned told me about it and I saw the detectives out there frequently. It was really a creepy feeling when I heard that they actually fingerprinted the dumpster and a detective was being cryptic with one of the owners more or less hinting that they thought it was the dumpster they were looking for.

So you thought that bolstering Spunkyrocks story was more important than protecting the integrity of the case?

I take it you are an employee at this complex yet you were not questioned by LE? Only the owners? If the owner told you this in confidence as indicated, and you understood that you should not be mentioning it on websites, etc. The only thing that has stopped you was that someone else mentioned AN office complex. Maybe a different one? Two wrongs don't make a right. You may be a little late in worrying about LE contacting you if your info is valid. If the info is rumor and speculation then you might have nothing to worry about. If true you might be hearing from not only LE but the business owner who told you. Which does seem odd that you and other employees were not likewise questioned as witnesses and personally given a warning about speaking about info that LE has not and does not want released.

its possible that a transient person could be the person that did this? but I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 of that being the case is about a 4... its a good place to concentrate on if that is the area she was placed in. an area of less then 1/4 mile from that location could be where she was taken to and assulted, maybe she could have been assulted in the wooded area and left there till night fall then taken to the dumpster? but I feel she was taken inside some place and assulted and then taken to the dumpster very late in the evening?

Well, we know it wasn't inside the house on Gano since lastnight's segment on Channel 4 had a comment from the homeowner that confirmed no blood or signs of a struggle so that location is pretty much off the list unless the evidence taken from the house says otherwise.

However, something that made my hinky meter go off was the decrease in police presence at the office complex shortly after WLK was arrested on November 1st.

He was my main POI for many reasons and this office complex is between where he lived in Somer's neighborhood and where he was arrested in Green Cove Springs. I thought for sure that he was the guy, but I was told by a lady whose husband works at the jail that he was questioned several times by CCSO and the FBI and ruled out.

I'm not ruling anyone out until an actual arrest has been made and I really think he fits part of the profile.

I am not convinced what happened to little Somer didn't happened at the Gano house or behind it.I feel what could have happened to Somer whether she was abducted,killed or went willingly with someone from there or left the house on Gano started there.I am still looking into the crew members and people they knew at the Gano house.

So you thought that bolstering Spunkyrocks story was more important than protecting the integrity of the case?

I take it you are an employee at this complex yet you were not questioned by LE? Only the owners? If the owner told you this in confidence as indicated, and you understood that you should not be mentioning it on websites, etc. The only thing that has stopped you was that someone else mentioned AN office complex. Maybe a different one? Two wrongs don't make a right. You may be a little late in worrying about LE contacting you if your info is valid. If the info is rumor and speculation then you might have nothing to worry about. If true you might be hearing from not only LE but the business owner who told you. Which does seem odd that you and other employees were not likewise questioned as witnesses and personally given a warning about speaking about info that LE has not and does not want released.

No, I am not an employee and there are a lot of other people that happen to know about this from the owners because the detectives came in and questioned not only the owners but the patrons that happened to be there at the times that they came in. This happened at all four businesses.

For all I know, it could be a different office complex, but what he/she posted is exactly what was going on in the one that I was speaking of. I will not mention the names of any of the businesses, but I didn't see the harm in being cryptic. Maybe I was wrong and I apologize.

No, I am not an employee and there are a lot of other people that happen to know about this from the owners because the detectives came in and questioned not only the owners but the patrons that happened to be there at the times that they came in. This happened at all four businesses.

For all I know, it could be a different office complex, but what he/she posted is exactly what was going on in the one that I was speaking of. I will not mention the names of any of the businesses, but I didn't see the harm in being cryptic. Maybe I was wrong and I apologize.

You are doing just fine and I thank you for posting!

I am not convinced what happened to little Somer didn't happened at the Gano house or behind it.I feel what could have happened to Somer whether she was abducted,killed or went willingly with someone from there or left the house on Gano started there.I am still looking into the crew members and people they knew at the Gano house.

They took a lot of evidence out of that house and hopefully some of it is relevant to the case.

I am curious about the crew members as well and I would like to know if any of them did any construction work around the office complex on Hwy 17 since there has been a lot of new construction in the area.

They took a lot of evidence out of that house and hopefully some of it is relevant to the case.

I am curious about the crew members as well and I would like to know if any of them did any construction work around the office complex on Hwy 17 since there has been a lot of new construction in the area.

I'm interested in that too.I don't know the businesses in that area to look and see where they could have worked or went to.

You are doing just fine and I thank you for posting!

Thank you for the reply.

I have visited this site off and on during the course of this investigation and there have been a lot of thought provoking posts here and a lot of good information when I've had the time to stop by and read.

I thought I'd finally jump in and post a little once I spotted a WS poster at news4jax and she was nice to post with. Some of the discussions over there get out of hand and rather nasty and I see that they don't allow that here which is nice.

I'm interested in that too.I don't know the businesses in that area to look and see where they could have worked or went to.

I looked up the contractor's website and it doesn't seem like they do anything large like strip malls/office complexes so I'm not real sure. What I saw was houses and renovation projects.

It was just a thought because of all the new construction in various areas of Fleming Island.

Thank you for your response but I was not seeking an apology,
I am seeking clarification of what is some new and purportedly confidential info in this case. You have still not stated if you were questioned by LE.
You were told by a business owner, you say you are not an employee, if I assumed then you were one of the patrons mentioned I would wonder why you were worrying about having to take the trash out, and being onsite often enough to track undercover vehicles staking out the premises.
What is your position? TIA

Thank you for your response but I was not seeking an apology,
I am seeking clarification of what is some new and purportedly confidential info in this case. You have still not stated if you were questioned by LE.
You were told by a business owner, you say you are not an employee, if I assumed then you were one of the patrons mentioned I would wonder why you were worrying about having to take the trash out, and being onsite often enough to track undercover vehicles staking out the premises.
What is your position? TIA

1. I was never personally questioned by LE, but I did see the unmarked cars there at different times in front of a different business each time. From what I understand they were working their way through the businesses that use that particular dumpster since there are actually three dumpsters there.

2. I was not the one worried about taking the trash out. That was S who said that he/she was an employee in a post at news4jax.

3. I was in that office complex 2-3 times per week as a patron of one of the businesses, but I will not post the name of the business as it would be TMI.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

I looked up the contractor's website and it doesn't seem like they do anything large like strip malls/office complexes so I'm not real sure. What I saw was houses and renovation projects.

It was just a thought because of all the new construction in various areas of Fleming Island.

Just curious in this strip mall,business complex was there a home Depot,Lowes or any remodling places around there they or someone else could have went to that would have been associated with the house on Gano or one of the contruction workers could have frequented alot?I hope that made sense LOL.

Just curious in this strip mall,business complex was there a home Depot,Lowes or any remodling places around there they or someone else could have went to that would have been associated with the house on Gano or one of the contruction workers could have frequented alot?I hope that made sense LOL.

Not in the office complex, but there is a Home Depot in Fleming Island a mile or so away.

The Home Depot on Wells Road would actually be closer for them to go to since they were working on Gano and there is also a Lowe's on Kingsley Avenue.

Not in the office complex, but there is a Home Depot in Fleming Island a mile or so away.

The Home Depot on Wells Road would actually be closer for them to go to since they were working on Gano and there is also a Lowe's on Kingsley Avenue.

Yes,Thank you.I know there is a home depot on wells rd.Could any of these offices in this complex look like they have a connection with the people working on the Gano house or the renovation of it?

1. I was never personally questioned by LE, but I did see the unmarked cars there at different times in front of a different business each time. From what I understand they were working their way through the businesses that use that particular dumpster since there are actually three dumpsters there.

2. I was not the one worried about taking the trash out. That was S who said that he/she was an employee in a post at news4jax.

3. I was in that office complex 2-3 times per week as a patron of one of the businesses, but I will not post the name of the business as it would be TMI.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Yes. I would be the LAST person to ask you to state the name of the business. Or the complex. I am wondering why you would be told this by an owner who was told to keep it confidential. Why the owner would tell a patron and I assume ask you to keep it confidential?

I always question any outside info in this way. Mainly WHY a poster is putting it in the public domain against the confidentiality requests by LE.
Also WHEN the information is released after claiming to be held confidentially for so long.
And WHAT the rationale is for doing so. In this way I can, for myself at least, determine if the info is reliable or not.

Thank you for your answers.

Yes,Thank you.I know there is a home depot on wells rd.Could any of these offices in this complex look like they have a connection with the people working on the Gano house or the renovation of it?

No, because there were no renovations going on in this complex.

However, as I mentioned before there is a lot of new construction in various areas of Fleming Island... Especially along Hwy 17 and CR220. The area is growing, but a lot of these new places being built are vacant and some have been vacant for quite a while.

My guess is the current economy and businesses aren't opening or moving to new locations right now so I don't understand why they keep building new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam