FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean for this to sound insensitive, but are any of the local news stations going to televise the memorial?

I don't know if they're going to cover the actual service, but CBS47 is going to have special coverage beginning at 10a.m.

fran

From this link:
http://jacksonville.com/community/m...ge_crowd_expected_for_somer_thompsons_funeral

Quote:
"It just probably was better to keep the memory of her alive the last time she saw her rather than her present condition,” Beseler said. “It’s just a recommendation. You’ve got to remember she was in a landfill for a couple of days.”

Does this not fit any prior timeline or prior LE story?
Beseler is the sheriff.
Did he slip and say more than he meant to about the timeline?

Link please to live coverage. I have a virus and my searches aren't returning the expected result right now.

I took it to mean online speculation in general... it is all over the internet on more boards than this one...
I can imagine they have gotten lots of calls/tips from online sleuthing. Moo of course.

I hope you're right, but I wish he'd just come out and SAID that instead of using such a broad, confusing term. There are plenty of legitimate computer tools used by law enforcement on a regular basis. IMO, his statement sounds like something I'd expect from the sheriff of Hooterville. :rolleyes:

this is so frustrating...I thought they would be close to an arrest by now.

Just popping in for a few thoughts ;)

I lived in South Florida when Adam Walsh was found murdered. I was a young child but I remember the hysteria. Everyone was warning children about talking to strangers, walking alone, etc. The whole community was on alert because a child killer was on the loose. I know times have changed and these things happen more often...but I don't see it in this case and it has me baffled! Especially with Halloween coming up!

Another thing....i saw a few interviews with the Mom. I have heard her mention two things that struck me as odd..first she made a statement about "finding him", do they know it was a man who committed the crime? Second she stated something about failing in teaching Somer about strangers...how does she know it was a stranger? Another issue for me is the fact the Somer was known not to come home, but on this day her mother rushed home and notified the police....why on this day?

Just some observations!

when the children from Somer's school stand out on the sidewalk and release the balloons as the hearse goes by, I think I will cry my eyes out.

I have chosen to take the Sheriff's statement in a positive way. I took it to mean that in this case, they are having more faith in pounding the pavement and trusting their guts than in cell phone pings or Google records or all the wonderful things that the general public only learned about during Caylee. I am sure they have gotten many calls about seizing DT's computer to see about Google records or pinging family cell phones. I took it to be more aimed at those tipsters than at us. MO(delusional)O.

You're probably right that they've received lots of calls from online sleuthers...but isn't that what they have ASKED for?... :waitasec:

If I am ever in such a horrible position as to be missing a child, I would be eternally grateful that complete strangers are putting in loooooong, dedicated hours trying to a) locate my child and/or b) find the person who took him/her.
~bbm~
I dont think they want online sleuthers to call in, they have professionals working on this case, I think they asked for tips of what witnesses know or have seen........sadly, if any of you have followed the Haleigh case you would see how some computer sleuthers with agendas (most now banned) have worked against LE to throw the case in a million directions with false tips and direction, and Im thinkin this sheriff doesnt want or need the circus in this case.......jmooc

!bbm~
I dont think they want online sleuthers to call in, they have professionals working on this case, I think they asked for tips of what witnesses know or have seen........sadly, if any of you have followed the Haleigh case you would see how some computer sleuthers with agendas (most now banned) have worked against LE to throw the case in a million directions with false tips and direction, and Im thinkin this sheriff doesnt want or need the circus in this case.......jmooc

Personally, I think they want calls from anyone that might have viable information. Not the people with agendas, but some of us do good work and I think LE realizes that.
EDIT: If we aren't digging up all this info to turn into LE if we get something solid, why are we here?

Rockers Against Sex Predators...that's new.
have to sleuth that later.
Just as soon as I can stop crying and contemplating the idea of having to get into a limo to attend my own child's funeral.

<snip>

BBM

Beseler said while investigators were fortunate to have found Somer’s body quickly, patience will be needed.

“I don’t want people to think that just because we don’t have a suspect in custody after a week that means this case is not going to be solved,” he said. “We have got a tremendous amount of evidence. We have a tremendous amount of leads

Analysis of evidence sent to forensics labs has not been finished and will take time, Beseler said.

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...ge_crowd_expected_for_somer_thompsons_funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd