FL FL - Sophie Reeder, 15, Fort Lauderdale, 20 May 2017

upload_2018-9-15_7-2-48-jpg.147253

I saw this picture of Sophie Reeder, that and the circumstances led me to this UID

Had a little trouble emailing the submission, so I looked up their facebook page and messaged them. The wrote me back and asked me to call an investigator in the coroner office. I did and she hadn't heard of this girl and thought it was promising enough that she already (before I called) to gather more information from the Fort Lauderdale Police. Will keep you posted..

Coroner seeks help in identifying woman found dead in South L.A.

She is described as 5-foot-3, around 130 pounds with long, brown curly hair and brown eyes. She also wore a nose ring and had small scars on both heels and the back of her right wrist.

ETA: Scars on back of wrist..and suffers from depression and anxiety. Im anxious to find out what you hear back! I think this is a good one.

A somewhat response:
"Thank you for the email. I contacted the handling Fort Lauderdale Police Department detective regarding Sophie Reeder in September. Unfortunately I cannot provide any additional information to you at this time."

Regards,

Betsy G. Magdaleno, D-ABMDI

Coroner Investigator #469800

Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner

Identifications Section

Got a response, UID not Sophie Reeder..
Subject: Jane Doe #62 "Brazil" has been identified

Good afternoon all,

I would like to inform you that the Los Angeles Medical Examiner-Coroner has positively identified Jane Doe #62 as Ranata, a 14-year-old girl missing out of Compton, CA since May 2018.

48084976_10212660203369898_8401597870888714240_n.jpg

Since Ranata’s death on 8/5/18, the Identifications Section reviewed over 30 missing person reports from 20 law enforcement agencies in 7 states. We also contacted several programs that work with sexually exploited minors, multiple county children and family services departments in two states, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. In mid-October 2018 I received Ranata as a possible missing person match from California DOJ and met with her father a week later. DNA results confirming her identification were received on 12/7/18.

I want to thank all of you for assisting me with Ranata’s identification. I appreciate all of you taking the time to help me by viewing our Jane Doe’s photos, producing artist renderings, reviewing your reports and files, contacting family members and reporting parties, obtaining dental x-rays, and additional actions that are too numerous to name.

Coroner Case: 2018-06029

NamUs Case: UP51751

NCMEC Case: TA 1338032

* I posted this on the UID post.. CA - LA County, Blkfem, 14+, Aug 2018

Police release new surveillance video showing missing teen from 2017

Investigators are reopening a cold case from 2017 in Fort Lauderdale.

Three years after Sophie Reeder went missing at the age of 15, the search continues for information on her whereabouts.

On Wednesday, Fort Lauderdale Police released new surveillance video showing Reeder walking down Davie Boulevard, near Stranahan High School.
(Video can be viewed on link provided.)

Callahan Walsh hosts an hour-long special spotlighting missing persons cases with IN PURSUIT: THE MISSING.

Callahan travels across the state to Ft. Lauderdale and immerses himself in the 2017 missing persons case of then 15-year-old Sophie Reeder, who snuck out from her father's home in the late evening hours on Friday, May 19. When his investigation takes a turn into the shadowy world of the dark web, Callahan takes a deeper dive into the epidemic of human trafficking, and uncovers clues that Sophie might have fallen in the hands of those who perhaps groomed and targeted her.

few clues are left behind, leaving Callahan to conduct boots-on-the-ground investigations into these disappearances. Speaking with law enforcement and the victim's family to understand the circumstances surrounding the fateful day they were last seen, Callahan works to reveal any leads or information that have been unearthed since they've been gone and asks viewers to call if they have information on the cases.
Breaking News - Callahan Walsh Headlines New "In Pursuit" Spin-Off with a Special Highlighting Missing Persons Cases | TheFutonCritic.com

"I went into her room. I saw a candle burning and her computer on her bed, but she wasn't in her bedroom," Patrick Reeder, Sophie's dad, says in a new episode of an Investigation Discovery show called In Pursuit: The Missing. The one-hour episode, which is bringing renewed attention to Reeder's disappearance, will be available to stream on discovery+ this Sunday, March 7, and will air on the Investigation Discovery channel on Monday, March 8, at 9 p.m.

Sophie, who was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance, left home in the early hours of May 20, 2017. She was captured on security-camera footage walking along West Davie Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale with her headphones on. She hasn't been reported seen since.

In a teaser for the show, her father tells host Callahan Walsh that Sophie had a calendar on a wall in her bedroom with May 19 X'd out. That seems to be one of the only clues the teen left behind.

A Fort Lauderdale police detective told WSVN-TV (Channel 7) last year that Sophie had visited "sugar daddy" websites and might have been in contact with older men.

"The grim reality is she could be in a very dark situation right now, which is why we're hoping for any tips or any leads that could get us information so that we could locate her safely," Fort Lauderdale police detective Jennifer Saint-Jean told Channel 7 in October.
New Bills From Florida Republicans Target Transgender Athletes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back