FL FL - Sophie Reeder, 15, Fort Lauderdale, 20 May 2017

this case was on a new ID special called In Pursuit : The Missing on ID, its on Discovery + if you would like to watch it

there was an interview with her friend who said she had been sexually violated/assaulted previously before she went missing, her friend asked her to report the assault to police but she did not want to re-live the assault and chose not to report it to police, the subject was never brought up again between Sophie and her friend

its the last case in the show so if you want to watch it its near the end

i think after researching and watching this show, its fairly easy to see what has happened whats not clear is the ending, is she alive and trapped somewhere or is she dead.. thats the bit that isn't known... who was involved seems quite certain its the evidence and where is she that they need

Last edited:
Sophie Reeder was a beloved 15-year-old who was described as having a smile that lit up her face. Her parents were divorced at the time of her vanishing, and she was living with her father. On the night of May 19, 2020, Sophie was found to be pacing the floor of her father’s Fort Lauderdale home, when he asked her to go to sleep. This was around 11:30 pm. When her father woke up the next morning, he could not find Sophie in her bedroom. He said, “I went into her room. I saw a candle burning and her computer on her bed, but she wasn’t in her bedroom.”
upload_2021-3-10_9-37-1.png
When she was reported missing, the police checked her bedroom and found some cash in a bag near her bed, which indicated that she did not run away. On checking CCTV footage, they found Sophie walking along West Davie Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale with her headphones on. She meandered in the area for a while and then went eastwards. The police were able to trace her movements till her phone died or was turned off at Southwest 11th Court in Fort Lauderdale. Throughout the video, Sophie was seen to be walking alone.

According to the police, Sophie was experiencing undiagnosed depression and anxiety. A Fort Lauderdale police detective also told WSVN-TV that Sophie had visited sugar daddy websites and could have been in touch with older men. Her mother also alleged that her disappearance had something to do with Sophie’s friend circle, social media, and her “talking to the wrong people” as she found stockings, garter belts, alcohol, and drugs in Sophie’s bedroom.
Lauren Dumolo and Sophie Reeder: Found or Missing? Are They Dead or Alive?

"I went into her room. I saw a candle burning and her computer on her bed, but she wasn't in her bedroom," Patrick Reeder, Sophie's dad, says in a new episode of an Investigation Discovery show called In Pursuit: The Missing. The one-hour episode, which is bringing renewed attention to Reeder's disappearance, will be available to stream on discovery+ this Sunday, March 7, and will air on the Investigation Discovery channel on Monday, March 8, at 9 p.m.

Sophie, who was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance, left home in the early hours of May 20, 2017. She was captured on security-camera footage walking along West Davie Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale with her headphones on. She hasn't been reported seen since.

In a teaser for the show, her father tells host Callahan Walsh that Sophie had a calendar on a wall in her bedroom with May 19 X'd out. That seems to be one of the only clues the teen left behind.

A Fort Lauderdale police detective told WSVN-TV (Channel 7) last year that Sophie had visited "sugar daddy" websites and might have been in contact with older men.

"The grim reality is she could be in a very dark situation right now, which is why we're hoping for any tips or any leads that could get us information so that we could locate her safely," Fort Lauderdale police detective Jennifer Saint-Jean told Channel 7 in October.
New Bills From Florida Republicans Target Transgender Athletes
Replying to my own post as I just discovered incorrect link listed. My apologies. Correcting:
What Happened to Broward Teen Sophie Reeder, Missing Since 2017?

So scary what teens get into online and they don't always grasp the severity of it until it is too late. Perhaps the online history can lead to a trafficking ring or some adult that has the resources she'd need to survive. There's few options to be self supporting at 15 years old. If she's still out there I hope she has the strength and opportunity to reach out to someone that can help her be safely recovered.

I was just scrolling through YouTube and clicked on a story about Sofie because she looks incredibly similar to a girl I worked with a few years back. Giving too many details would give up too much information about me but for the life of me I'm trying to remember the name that girl went by! And asking myself if it's possible that she was 15-16 years old at the time because that would be insane!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back