FL FL - Sorrento, WhtFem 412UFFL, 25-35, distinctive earrings, Dec'91

:wagon: :welcome:

Since you started a new thread, I'll put the text of the DoeNet page here.

The Doe Network:
Case File 412UFFL
http://doenetwork.org/cases/412uffl.html
NamUs UP Case 6031 WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK: https://identifyus.org/cases/6031

412UFFL.jpg

Sketch by Barbara Martin

WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK:
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2417090750045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on December 7, 1991 in Sorrento, Lake County, Florida
* Estimated Date of Death: Within 12 hours of discovery
* Cause of Death: Homicide by Strangulation

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25-35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" to 5'5"; 120-125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair with blonde tips; hazel eyes. No scars or tattoos.
* Dentals: Available; teeth natural and in good repair.
* Clothing: Hooded sweatshirt. Blue and pink shirt, jogging type bra; unusual gold colored earring with stars and hearts.
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA: Available; CODIS.

Case History
The victim was located on CR 433 in Sorrento, Florida on December 7, 1991. She was nude below the waist and was the subject of brutal rape and torture.
A subject was convicted of sexual battery on victim. Subject denies knowing victim's identity.
Victim has given birth to at least one child and possibly two children.

412UFFL1.jpg

Victim's Earring

Here's my take on Sorrento Jane Doe

Attachments

• as.jpg
    as.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 96
at 41, Janel Anne Schwartz is a few years out of the age range, but she did disappear in late November and she could have traveled to FL on a cheap flight (she was homeless and 'living' at the airport before her disappearance)

One more note, the description of Jane Doe says "no scars", but I noticed a fairly deep pockmark/scar on her cheek. anyone else see that?

The Doe Network:

Case File 2468DFNY

Janel Anne Schwartz
Missing since November 1991 from New York.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 13, 1950
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair. Possibly hazel/green eyes.
* Marks, Scars: Fractured elbow from car accident.
* Medical: History of mental illness.
* AKA: Janel Van Etten

Circumstances of Disappearance
Schwartz was last heard from Laguardia Airport, NY in late November 1991.

She was on social security and had called for money from her mother. She was receiving small checks from her father's inheritance.

She said she was living at the airport at the time.

That is an interesting point. I personally feel that she is a bit older than 25-35. Possibly 30 - 40 range? 25 just seems a bit young, or perhaps her face suffered trauma during her attack and it aged her? The right side of her face seems more swollen than the left. The Doe Network profile mentioned that her hair was brown with "blond" tips. Maybe she was growing out a dye job. Janel Schwartz's hair is obviously dyed blonde from brown. The pictures of her were dated 1988. I wonder if there was any mention of her having let her hair go natural before the time of her disappearance.

I agree that she appears to be on the older side of the age range

and I suspect Janel would struggle to keep up her hair bleaching due to her money/homelessness/mental health issues.-- it certainly would explain the 'grow out'.

I wish there was a clear 'smiling' photograph of Janel's teeth.

One more note, the description of Jane Doe says "no scars", but I noticed a fairly deep pockmark/scar on her cheek. anyone else see that?

Her left side of the face was pretty badly swollen.

I have a feeling that the "pockmark/scar" is a puncture hole from a syringe used to draw the fluid out of her swollen cheek for the photo.

Could there be a discrepancy about her weight? She looks painfully thin to me.
And she must have been well cared for with her dental work, someone must miss her...

Could there be a discrepancy about her weight? She looks painfully thin to me.

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw this woman's face. I wonder if that's why she appears to look "older". Weight loss and being excessively thin can age someone greatly.

And I still haven't been able to find any information on the man who attacked her. Supposedly, he was convicted for it.

Is there a dedicated international database similar to VICAP that cross-references "the missing" with "the found unidentified". If not, we need one.

Welcome, traacker13! I will let the others weigh in on the match since it's not my strong point, but the physical statistics are close and the women's eyebrows look very similar. Your missing woman had past fractures and her tonsils, adenoids and appendix removed. It seems odd that the UID's report would mention her stretch marks and the fact that she'd given birth to at least one child but fail to mention past fractures and missing organs, but stranger things have happened.

Thanks Tatertot! I agree with you about the fractures and other surgeries. But the other similarities were just so striking. I wonder if her body was in such bad shape that they missed the previous fractures. I looked into this on other sites and found that the UID was badly beaten and raped.

It is believed that the UID had at least one child due to the stretch marks on her abdomen. Is there any mention anywhere of Gina Clark having a child?

LilacStar - I am not sure how they verify that the UID gave birth. But based on the stretch marks on the abdomen, it is mentioned that Gina had "scars" on the abdomen not sure if they were misconstrued as stretch marks or vice versa. I cannot find any information on whether she had children or not. Some of the information from site to site is also inconsistent (fractures - one site mentions she had a previous fractured skull while others do not).

LilacStar - I am not sure how they verify that the UID gave birth. But based on the stretch marks on the abdomen, it is mentioned that Gina had "scars" on the abdomen not sure if they were misconstrued as stretch marks or vice versa. ...

They can verify prior childbirth from the x-rays. There are very distinct markers on certain areas of the pelvis that indicate that a woman has given birth.

They can verify prior childbirth from the x-rays. There are very distinct markers on certain areas of the pelvis that indicate that a woman has given birth.

Unfortunately, I can't find reference either way that Gina Clark had children. I strongly believe that this is her based on other evidence and wish that they would dig deeper into this.

How about Patricia Leventhal. Her eyes are listed as brown but there is a very fine difference between brown and hazel. Her hair looks like it has blond tips and she kind of resembles the reconstruction. Her background would explain the good dental and she had two children.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1392dffl.html

Patricia Patterson Leventhal
Missing since August 21, 1991 from Collier County, Florida.
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: June 11, 1959
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Leventhal was last seen by her husband at 23:30 on August 21, 1991 driving her 1991 blue 4 door Volvo, VIN number: YV2JA894OMA029773, Louisiana Tag 955X356. Possible direction of travel could be Louisiana where she possess an RN License.
She grew up in Ruston, after attending A.E. Phillips School, Ruston High School and Louisiana Tech University, she had married a successful doctor and moved to Naples, FL. with her two children from her previous marriage. The family was doing well and Patty, a registered nurse, had volunteered her time as a school nurse at her children's school.
Wednesday, August. 21, 1991, Patty returned to her home after church choir practice. She and husband were relaxing in the Jacuzzi when she left to go get a cola. She never came back.
Collier County sheriff's deputies found her Blue 1991 Volvo in the parking lot of an apartment complex a short while after her disappearance. No fingerprints or clues of any kind were found.
All of Patty's credit cards were monitored for activity. There was none after her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back