FL FL - St Petersburg, Skeletal Remains in War Memorial Park, Mar'16

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Sleuthster, Mar 8, 2016.

1. frenchiemomma

frenchiemomma Member

Ok, i'm as stubborn as a mule but i've just emailed the Grayson County Sherifs Office with my "suspicions".
    Cause i can't get this damn "Match"out of my head.

I mean, the only reason that stopped me from contacting them was the fractures/plates part not matching up. But the "what if his family didn't know about that" part was driving me bat **** crazy.
    So I emailed them with my thoughts and the info (NamUs No. of the John Doe, Straight drive from hometown to place where the John Doe was found etc.) and asked them if they could find out if John Wingler ever did have the fractures/plates that the John Doe has.

The worst that can happen is that they say he really didn't. But then at least I know i have tried everything.
    So keep your fingers crossed guys.

2. frenchiemomma

frenchiemomma Member

Ok they haven'r responded and there are no exclusions mentioned on NamUs.
    I registered so i can see them.
    I have emailed the contactperson from John's case and the contactperson for the John Doe.
    Keeping my fingers crossed

carbuff likes this.
  3. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Hi Frenchie,
    Is there DNA in John's case? If so they most likely put the DNA for the UI person and it really does take months to get the results back, so it may be a hit. Never be afraid to reach out to the detectives in these cases, they will happy to look at what you have found. You may not always hear back, as most are so busy or don't want to engage about a case unless they have to ask you a question, but they are grateful for the "eyes". I can't speak for all of them, but I know how busy our detectives are and most won't reach out because we get so many emails a week about cases. Thank you.

YaYa_521 and carbuff like this.
  4. frenchiemomma

frenchiemomma Member

Hi Skully,
    I don't think they have DNA for John. At least I can't find it mentioned on his NamUs page.
    I emailed the Sheriffs Dept. in July 2018, so i figured they must have thought I was some nutcase ;-) and ignored my email

carbuff likes this.
  5. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

No, they don't think you are a nutcase. I am sure they got it and will or are looking into it. If John has a sister, or brother they can put DNA into CODIS. All they have to do is go to local LE and tell them they want to submit DNA for the missing person for NAMUS.

YaYa_521 likes this.
  6. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

2892UMFL

[​IMG]

Date of Discovery: March 8, 2016
    Location of Discovery: St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
    Estimated Date of Death: 5 weeks prior
    State of Remains: Skeletal
    Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
    Estimated Age: 65-80 years old
    Race: White
    Height: 5'8" - 6'1"
    Weight: 100 lbs.
    Hair Color: Gray
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Severe arthritis and deformed left hip. Healed injuries to face, arms and legs. Zimmer orthopedic plates were used on the right ulna and radius.

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available.
    Fingerprints: Not available.
    DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Near the remains was a pair of gray boxer styled Gildan underwear. Size L (36-38)
    Jewelry: A black Miykon wrist watch that had gold colored trim with a black leather band.
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
    The decedent's skeletal remains were discovered by a landscaping crew on March 8, 2016. Chemical isotope testing indicated the man spent his early years in TX, LA, MS, AL, GA or central FL. During the last ten years of his life, he may have lived in OK, AR, TN, southern VA or NC.

Al Ka likes this.