FL FL - Stepha Henry, 22, Miami, 29 May 2007 *ARREST*

It really is revolting. I definitely think they have their priorities screwed up.

Is anyone on here someone who knows the family and knows more about her and the situation? I've seen her mother on TV and my heart goes out to her. She is determined to find her daughter.

It's scary to think what might have happened to her. It's possible that she is being held prisoner somewhere but as time goes by it's hard to hold out hope that she is still alive.

I had read this on another forum as well, but MSNBC covered her case at least every hour all weekend long. It's how I found out about her disappearance. My guess is Dan Abrams, crime commentator extraordinaire and MSNBC general manager, made the call to cover Stepha's disappearance. (Yes, I have a celebu-crush on Dan Abrams. I admit it.)

I read that her mom is walking the streets, passing out fliers and talking with people. My heart breaks for her parents. I swear I heard last night that the guy she rode to the club with was being considered a "hostile witness" but I can't find that information anywhere on the 'net. However, Clint Van Zandt has a new blog up where he talks about Jesse Davis, Lisa Stebic and Stepha.

This is the most interesting part of the article about Stepha:
The driver of the Acura was alleged to have told investigators that he lost contact with Henry in the club and may not have seen her leave. That statement, however, now may be disputed by another witness from the club. This new witness, described by some as currently being in police custody, has indicated that he saw Henry leave the club with two other women, after which they got into a car, a dark-colored Acura Integra, and drive away. The driver of the car said he left the club without the borrowed car, and he had no idea of it's whereabouts, or of the whereabouts of Henry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19338684/

I had read this on another forum as well, but MSNBC covered her case at least every hour all weekend long. It's how I found out about her disappearance. My guess is Dan Abrams, crime commentator extraordinaire and MSNBC general manager, made the call to cover Stepha's disappearance. (Yes, I have a celebu-crush on Dan Abrams. I admit it.)

I read that her mom is walking the streets, passing out fliers and talking with people. My heart breaks for her parents. I swear I heard last night that the guy she rode to the club with was being considered a "hostile witness" but I can't find that information anywhere on the 'net. However, Clint Van Zandt has a new blog up where he talks about Jesse Davis, Lisa Stebic and Stepha.

This is the most interesting part of the article about Stepha:
The driver of the Acura was alleged to have told investigators that he lost contact with Henry in the club and may not have seen her leave. That statement, however, now may be disputed by another witness from the club. This new witness, described by some as currently being in police custody, has indicated that he saw Henry leave the club with two other women, after which they got into a car, a dark-colored Acura Integra, and drive away. The driver of the car said he left the club without the borrowed car, and he had no idea of it's whereabouts, or of the whereabouts of Henry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19338684/

I just saw Dan Abrams a couple days ago when he was filling for Joe Scarborough and he didn't mention Stepha AT ALL. He just talked about this pregnant mom which all the media seemed to be obsessed with. But now that this Chris Vaughn has been arrested for killing his entire family near Chicago that should be the focus of the media for a whlile unless someone more newsworthy gets victimized!! LOL!!

There is a show on FOX called "The Lineup" with Kimberly Gilfoule (sp.?) every Saturday and Sunday night and she goes over only crimes and missing people but I don't even think she has mentioned Stepha yet.

And I find it very hard to believe that MSNBC has been mentioning Stepha every hour especially since they're so madly in love with Paris Hilton that she supersedes everything else!!

:confused:

I just saw Dan Abrams a couple days ago when he was filling for Joe Scarborough and he didn't mention Stepha AT ALL. He just talked about this pregnant mom which all the media seemed to be obsessed with. But now that this Chris Vaughn has been arrested for killing his entire family near Chicago that should be the focus of the media for a whlile unless someone more newsworthy gets victimized!! LOL!!

There is a show on FOX called "The Lineup" with Kimberly Gilfoule (sp.?) every Saturday and Sunday night and she goes over only crimes and missing people but I don't even think she has mentioned Stepha yet.

And I find it very hard to believe that MSNBC has been mentioning Stepha every hour especially since they're so madly in love with Paris Hilton that she supersedes everything else!!

:confused:

You may find it hard to believe, but I can assure you that I watched MSNBC all day the Saturday and Sunday after Paris was sent to jail (which is the weekend that is being talked about in the blogs) and Stepha's case was the spotlight case of the weekend. It was featured every hour. In fact, I posted here with any new information that was talked about on MSNBC that weekend. They have continued to talk about any updates to the case, including featuring it again yesterday afternoon after the witness information was released. And I would argue that making it the spotlight case during the Paris Hilton fiasco brought it to more people's attention because so many people were watching the news that typically doesn't. My point is that her case has been heavily featured, as I have seen it myself, regardless of media reports otherwise.

This poor womans family I am sure they are frustrated but they need someone in their lives that can take hold and increase searches. I think the difference in this case and Natalies is the local and amount of people with Natalie so there was more information on who she was talking to and where she was during the eve before she went missing. There are lots and lots of missing people who don't get much coverage. I don't think there is going to be a happy outcome on this one.

This poor womans family I am sure they are frustrated but they need someone in their lives that can take hold and increase searches. I think the difference in this case and Natalies is the local and amount of people with Natalie so there was more information on who she was talking to and where she was during the eve before she went missing. There are lots and lots of missing people who don't get much coverage. I don't think there is going to be a happy outcome on this one.

Ever since this missing/murdered pregnant woman and the wrestler murder/suicide stories started I haven't seen a word about Stepha. It figures.

There's a lot more difference between this case and Natalee Holloway's case than just that. Miami is a lot bigger than Aruba and I bet if a girl that looked like Natalee Holloway went missing the same way Stepha did you'd see more media attention.

It's just the way the media is in this country since 98% or more of all media execs are white and the fact that a non white woman (or person) has never gotten the kind of attention that Elizabeth Smart, Natalee Holloway, Laci Petersen, etc. has only corroborates that.

Did LE check out any chop shops to see if an Acura was taken there for parts? The car would have been stripped down then. They seem very focused on checking canals and such for the vehicle, it could just be parked inside someone's garage also. I would think if someone wanted to rid of the car, either a chop shop or keeping it concealed on private property would be the easiest.
Does anyone know if LE thinks there is any connection between Stepha and Imette's cases aside from both of them attending John Jay?
My prayers for Stepha and her family in that they find her safe and sound.

She is the beautiful 22-year-old college student who came to South Florida for Memorial Day weekend and vanished after being last seen at a Sunrise nightclub.

Her mother, Sylvia Henry, is trapped in an unimaginable chrysalis of hope and fear. Tucked away in a tidy North Miami Beach condo belonging to her sister, Sylvia Henry has resolved not to return to her Brooklyn home until her daughter is found.

"It's my daughter," she says, "I need to know what has happened to my daughter."

It is the middle of the afternoon. Sun streams into the unlit room. Idyllic, it all appears, until you note the grief tattooed on the mother's edges — in her eyes and her body language, in what she says and does not say. "The pain and agony every day. Waking up and not seeing my daughter …" she says before drifting into silence.

I want to reach out and say something — do something. I've been inundated with the horrific story of Jessie Davis, the Ohio single mother who went missing only to be found murdered.

I ask Mrs. Henry if she'd seen the coverage. Quietly, she responds, "Yes."

Did disparity in media attention for her daughter's disappearance and other missing girls concern her?

"Yes, I was … am concerned. I'm calling the media. They call me. But when they call, they ask if there's anything new. They will only do something if there is something new," she says.

Her silent pauses make me cringe. To her this isn't a puzzling mystery, a novelty, a story — it's the life of her little girl. Stepha was a member of step-dancing groups in high school. Stepha was a criminal justice graduate who is supposed to be preparing for her LSAT.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/sfl74winston.stephahenry,0,2009076.column?track=rss

Stepha's story will be on Nancy Grace tonight 8PM ET

i hope stepha can be brought home safe. but please give her family answers. such a bright pretty young lady.
bluestarzz

bumping for Stepha. I just read the article in People Magazine over the weekend.

FWIW, I'm suspicious of this person that was driving that car. IMHO, LE needs to look more closely at him.

JMHO
fran

Thinking of Stepha and her loved ones today.
Hoping they get a break in this case soon.
:(

Radio DJ Tom Joyner said this morning that he is giving the $1,000 that a phone caller was supposed to win, but did not have the winning number, to Stepha's reward. If he follows through with his promise, the reward will be $7,000.

May God be with Stepha and her family

What a nice thing to do. I have to wonder though how much a large reward would help. I think either people don't want to talk because they were involved in her disappearance of they're afraid of the people that are responsible.

FWIW, I'm suspicious of this person that was driving that car. IMHO, LE needs to look more closely at him.

JMHO
fran

Yes, it sounds like she tried to ditch him at the bar. Makes you wonder if he waited until she left and tried to retailiate.

http://www.miamiherald.com/460/story/170429.html

Missing woman's family plans vigil

The family of a recent college graduate from New York who has been missing since Memorial Day weekend will hold a candlelight vigil tonight in Miramar.
Stepha Henry, 22, was last seen May 29 at a Sunrise reggae nightclub.

Henry, who recently graduated from John Jay College of Criminal Justice, was in South Florida visiting her aunt and cousin in Miami Gardens. She was seen on a promotional videotape at the club, but where she went after that remains a mystery.

Police are continuing to investigate the disappearance.
The vigil will be at 7:30 p.m. at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, 8005 Miramar Pkwy., Miramar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back