Found Deceased FL - Stephanie Chitwood Hollingsworth, 50, Belle Isle, 25 Sept 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Sep 30, 2020.

1. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

The medical examiner is required by law to do a full investigation on any death that is unexpected, violent, or unnatural and show evidence to back up finding. JMO and previous experience, but short of a suicide note it would seem hard to prove suicide in this case especially with the tire tracks they believe to be hers (linked previously). That said, we don't know the facts on what has been found. Can't speak for Florida but the medical examiners in my state are very cautious about listing death as suicide unless it's black and white. This is partially in deference to the family as well as the legal implications concerning insurance , law suits etc..

2. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I’ve always heard that LE does NOT make you wait before reporting someone missing. Obviously, with 50 states, and a multitude of city and county police departments, there’s room for different policies.

However, the commonly held belief that there’s a fixed waiting period will certainly make people be slow to report a missing adult.

MOO

misgrn, azure, songbrd and 1 other person like this.
  3. miakelly

miakelly Active Member

The white-ish thing is a concrete pad.

4. BlinkOfAnI

I agree. The laws have become so much better than years ago. Generally there is never a waiting period if a child OR adult is thought to be endangered. I have seen times where LE advise people to wait a while but that is based on their experiences and views. There is missing and there is endangered missing. I have wondered if the "mental health issues" SH's husband spoke of helped get the search started quicker but who knows.

Florida's statute:
    "937.021 Missing child and missing adult reports.—
    (1) Law enforcement agencies in this state shall adopt written policies that specify the procedures to be used to investigate reports of missing children and missing adults. The policies must ensure that cases involving missing children and adults are investigated promptly using appropriate resources." Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    BBM

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    cass523, Linskid, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Early Saturday afternoon MSM reported the search of a retention pond in the Innovation Way area (Dowden Rd & Story Time Dr). Google car along Dowen Rd takes you past the black fenced pond depicted in your photo. However, this is not the pond where SH vehicle located according to News 13 and confirmed with reporter Rachel Krause. The black fenced pond is about 2 blocks from the actual open retention pond where the truck was submerged.

Rachael Krause@RKrause_News

This is the pond where Stephanie Hollingsworth’s missing truck was found Saturday. The Belle Isle mom has been missing since Sept. 25. Inside the truck, investigators found a body but police have not made an identification yet.
    @MyNews13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7:46 AM · Oct 18, 2020·

cass523, songbrd, SleuthyLou and 2 others like this.
  6. miakelly

miakelly Active Member

The white-ish thing is a concrete pad.
    That is the pond indicated in my photo. It's on the left side of Dowden, heading East (towards where it dead-ends) just after Story Time. South on Narcoosee, Left on Dowden, Pond is on the left just after Story Time. The yellow circle in the pond is the area where her car was.

elliefant, misgrn and fcavanaugh like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'm sorry I misunderstood. There is no concrete in my pond referenced -- that concrete pad belongs to the other pond surrounded by the black fence.

Found Deceased - FL - Stephanie Chitwood Hollingsworth, 50, Belle Isle, 25 Sept 2020

ETA: this is a short distance away where black fence is on both sides of Dowden Rd

[​IMG]

cass523, turanna25 and fcavanaugh like this.
  8. BlinkOfAnI

Just to add... because I am confused from other posts without links. This was Rachael Kraus' response to which pond the vehicle was found:
    "It’s off Dowden Road past the turn for Story Time Drive"
    https://twitter.com/RKrause_News/status/1318187698029531139

cass523, misgrn, fcavanaugh and 2 others like this.
  9. miakelly

miakelly Active Member

What she is saying is correct and the same that I am saying. Off Dowden Rd, past Story Time Dr, heading East on Dowden, towards the dead-end where they are doing new construction. Driving East on Dowden Rd, Story Time Dr is on the right, the pond is on the left almost immediately after.

Alcina, elliefant, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  10. evilwise

evilwise Well-Known Member

The photo I posted is from street view of what I took to be an analogous structure on the previous pond. If these pictures are of the pond the car was found in, which they seem to be, then that structure at the back of the pond does look like a simple flat cement pad above the water level.

11. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

For the sake of clarification, the pond is just north of Dowden.

fcavanaugh likes this.
  12. BlinkOfAnI

Got it. I think the confusion comes from statements made in posts that are a violation of TOS by not providing MSM links to verify. Posts that don't meet the rules are great examples of why following the rules are so important. This subject was a perfect example.

Seattle1 and fcavanaugh like this.
  13. miakelly

miakelly Active Member

Understood. I apologize. I haven't posted here in awhile so I need to re-read the rules. I wasn't trying to cause any confusion, I just wanted to bring more awareness to this case but should have checked the TOS and rules prior to refresh my memory.

ar3593, elliefant, cass523 and 2 others like this.
  14. Arnie M

Arnie M Well-Known Member

Just a side-note regarding the vehicle being at the backside of the pond ...

A modern airtight vehicle will float for a long time .... a bit of inertia or a light breeze could move it quite a ways.

Yet that begs the question .... if it floated for several minutes she should have had time to exit the vehicle.

Unless she panicked and couldn't push the door open (water pressure) ... or the doors were locked and she didn't realize it ...... or the electric door locks and electric windows wouldn't work under water .

Lots of possibilities. I have heard that automotive electrical locks and windows will still work under water ... apparently even headlights will stay on for a while .... I do not know for sure.

MerBeach, SleuthyLou, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  15. Arnie M

Arnie M Well-Known Member

Forgot to also mention .... some cars you cannot unlock the doors if the car is in drive ..... has to be in park .... it is a safety feature (kids) ... in a panic most folks would not think of it.

I expect the contents of the vodka bottle and toxicology reports will be relevant.

Sad situation whatever the cause

16. turanna25

turanna25 Well-Known Member

Her vehicle was 20 years old so I'm not sure if it had electric locks/windows or not or how well of a seal it would have. Either way.. if this occurred in the middle of the afternoon wouldn't you think someone would have seen/heard something?

elliefant, cass523, Meligator and 4 others like this.
  17. BlinkOfAnI

Glad your posting again! I learned the hard way lol.

miakelly likes this.
  18. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

So, will we know the cause of death?

19. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

Would airbags deploy?

wonder if she had her seatbelt on.

JudgeJoe likes this.
  20. BlinkOfAnI

"The Celebration of Life Service will take place on October 24 at the Action Church on 5140 Conway Road in Orlando."

"Due to limited capacity, the service will be live streamed on Facebook and YouTube. More information on the live streaming will be released soon."
    Service planned for Belle Isle mother Stephanie Hollingsworth