Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

I agree that TK might have taken Cozzi to another location. It seems TK wanted his victim to not just be dead, but to suffer significantly.
I wonder if Cozzi was alive and conscious, but physically paralyzed, while in the cart. Succinylcholine and syringes were found in the search warrant, among other medical items.

Succinylcholine (Anectine)​

Anesthesia Implications​

Therapeutic Effects:Short-acting depolarizing neuromuscular blockade
Classification:Short-acting depolarizing neuromuscular blocker
Time to Onset:60 seconds
Duration:up to 6 minutes
Method of Action: Succinylcholine [...] results in skeletal muscle paralysis. Composition of this drug makes it specific to skeletal muscle, so cardiac and smooth muscle remain unaffected.

Suxamethonium chloride, also known as suxamethonium or succinylcholine, or simply sux by medical abbreviation [...]

Suxamethonium does not produce unconsciousness or anesthesia, and its effects may cause considerable psychological distress while simultaneously making it impossible for a patient to communicate. Therefore, administration of the drug to a conscious patient is contraindicated.

Deliberate induction of conscious apnea using this drug led to its use as a form of aversion therapy in the 1960s and 1970s in some prison and institutional settings.[17][18][19] This use was discontinued after negative publicity concerning the terrifying effects on subjects of this treatment and ethical questions about the punitive use of painful aversion.
I was thinking that was what he probably had planned, but that Mr Cozzi unexpectedly fought back (forensic findings in the bathroom). MOO

I also had a horrible thought of other things he might use that drug for. Mainly because they found the syringes in the floor of his car days later - he still had them with him? MOO

Regarding the 'cart', I just saw this alternate description ...

BBM

Perhpas this is what was in the "large box" that the suspected perp carried into the building. I had wondered where the cart came from, but I had pictured a large moving cart such as those common at condo buildings for residents.
I agree, I had the same mental picture of a large cart. The large box might have been a portable wagon of some sort? MOO

Lots of details in this news article. . .
. . . guns, ammunition, mentally ill, violence, etc:

Published March 29, 2023 4:36PM | Updated 9:59PM
[...]
On March 27, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office filed a temporary risk protection order, which a judge approved. It ordered Kosowski to turn over all of his guns and ammunition. The order restricts a person who may be a threat to themselves or others from possessing firearms or ammunition. According to the filing, detectives believe Kosowski had 100 handguns, 100 rifles, 1,000 rifle rounds and 1,000 handgun rounds in his home.

Kosowski’s attorney, who said his client is presumed innocent, wouldn’t comment on the number of firearms, but said they did comply with the request. He said the firearms were removed from the home and stored in a separate location.

Court records in the filing said there is evidence that Kosowski may be mentally ill, has engaged in acts of violence and has threatened to use weapons against himself or others.

A judge will determine whether to make the temporary risk protection order final on April 5 at 11 a.m.
[...]
Reposting this one by SeesSeas. It has a lot of new information!
The wagon was not found. Going back to read it again, then add his movements after the crime and at home to the timeline. MOO

edit: re the car...neighbor said it belonged to her neighbor tom so it was his car, they also say it was registered to him so I removed mention of the car not being his

Last edited:
I agree that TK might have taken Cozzi to another location. It seems TK wanted his victim to not just be dead, but to suffer significantly.
I wonder if Cozzi was alive and conscious, but physically paralyzed, while in the cart. Succinylcholine and syringes were found in the search warrant, among other medical items.

Succinylcholine (Anectine)​

Anesthesia Implications​

Therapeutic Effects:Short-acting depolarizing neuromuscular blockade
Classification:Short-acting depolarizing neuromuscular blocker
Time to Onset:60 seconds
Duration:up to 6 minutes
Method of Action: Succinylcholine [...] results in skeletal muscle paralysis. Composition of this drug makes it specific to skeletal muscle, so cardiac and smooth muscle remain unaffected.

Suxamethonium chloride, also known as suxamethonium or succinylcholine, or simply sux by medical abbreviation [...]

Suxamethonium does not produce unconsciousness or anesthesia, and its effects may cause considerable psychological distress while simultaneously making it impossible for a patient to communicate. Therefore, administration of the drug to a conscious patient is contraindicated.

Deliberate induction of conscious apnea using this drug led to its use as a form of aversion therapy in the 1960s and 1970s in some prison and institutional settings.[17][18][19] This use was discontinued after negative publicity concerning the terrifying effects on subjects of this treatment and ethical questions about the punitive use of painful aversion.
It’s so horrible to think about this possibility but I have as well.

PUBLISHED 8:00 PM ET MAR. 29, 2023
A recently released court filing contains search warrants for Kosowski's home and car.
The full search warrant is provided below.

23-00078-SW
1-3af0eab818.jpg

2-d3e714eff9.jpg

3-77cf64a9b2.jpg

4-984e6a1296.jpg

6-9eb295c6f5.jpg

More at link:

OT - I'm a paralegal and have always feared having one of those clients... or opponents... I keep the door locked if I am the only one in the office as it is and then there's a story like this.
<hugs> to you PistonsGirl. I don't blame you for being worried. Someone is bound to get ticked off. Luckily most people have some emotional balance.

I worked for a large insurance company. I know people who worked in the disability insurance area. They had to work in an unmarked, highly secured area. You can likely imagine what it would be like for someone who had a major health incident and it wasn't covered under the policy selected by their employer. They were left high and dry during a challenging time in their life. Some would lose it and blame it on the insurance company, and, in particular, to the claims consultant on the phone. These consultants were a special breed. I don't know how they kept it together.

PUBLISHED 8:00 PM ET MAR. 29, 2023
A recently released court filing contains search warrants for Kosowski's home and car.
The full search warrant is provided below.

23-00078-SW
1-3af0eab818.jpg

2-d3e714eff9.jpg

3-77cf64a9b2.jpg

4-984e6a1296.jpg

6-9eb295c6f5.jpg

More at link:
11:00 Hearing phone call end per lawyer.
11:05 seen repositioning the cart per PCA
Probably loading the cart after? MOO
11:15 Instead of leaving, he walks back to the corner of the building to look at entrance to the building?

Wondering why he walked back to look at the entrance to the building.

JMO

Is it correct they caught the doctor thru id'ing his fingerprint? If so, I wonder why his fingerprints are in the system. Did he have a record, or are all medical professionals fingerprinted upon licensing?
Good point.
My thought was that his fingerprint might have been in the database because of all the guns he owned (if he had a concealed carry permit)?

Wondering why he walked back to look at the entrance to the building.

JMO
BBM - possibly to see whether there was any commotion in the building etc. Though if he was that worried he would have made the call whilst on the move. I mean who hangs around after they've murdered someone to take a zoom call? Who does that?

BBM - possibly to see whether there was any commotion in the building etc. Though if he was that worried he would have made the call whilst on the move. I mean who hangs around after they've murdered someone to take a zoom call? Who does that?
Exactly! He probably wanted to see if anyone had noticed. I agree, why not look from the car while on the move.
I also thought maybe he wanted to make sure he didn't leave anything behind when tugging the wagon out to the car or waiting to see if someone came out looking for SC?
It must have taken longer than he planned and he felt he had to attend the meeting wherever he found himself?

MOO

Exactly! He probably wanted to see if anyone had noticed. I agree, why not look from the car while on the move.
I also thought maybe he wanted to make sure he didn't leave anything behind when tugging the wagon out to the car or waiting to see if someone came out looking for SC?
It must have taken longer than he planned and he felt he had to attend the meeting wherever he found himself?

MOO
Yes, this seems plausible. I hate to even type this but he probably thought that Steven would be paralyzed right away and not fight back as it seems he did…

I had the same thought after they reported the paralyzing drug found in the search. IMO I don't think it went according to how he planned it.
I don’t know if I’ll ever get over this crime. It’s so terrible.
I hope his body is found… we know he is gone now. I also hope he died quickly and didn’t suffer for a long time. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back