Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

Two new attorneys for TK:

5/26/2023NOTICE OF APPEARANCE DEBRA B TUOMEYNOTICE OF APPEARANCE (1)
5/25/2023NOTICE OF APPEARANCE AMANDA POWERS SELLERSNOTICE OF APPEARANCE (1)

Arraignment on Tuesday:

STATE OF FLORIDA vs. KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ ROMAN Division D UCN: 522023CF002935000APC PID: 312109281 CASE NUMBER: 23-02935-CF

Pinellas County Justice Center 14250 49th Street North Clearwater, Florida 33762 Phone: (727) 464-7000 05/08/2023 CHARGE(s): MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (1 COUNT)

NOTICE OF FELONY ARRAIGNMENT HEARING ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ***** PLEASE BRING THIS NOTICE WITH YOU ***** ***** APPROPRIATE ATTIRE REQUIRED ***** ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The above case is set at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, May 30, 2023. In Courtroom 9, 4th Floor, at the Pinellas County Justice Center, 14250 49th Street North, Clearwater, Florida 33762

Good grief this perp is as dumb as a doorknob. That’s some deep seated rage manifesting itself into murder. He could have just fixed his financial woes by educating himself and evolving into a better human. But nope.

He might as well put his $1M house on the market now. He’s gonna need cash stat.

So sorry for Mr Cozzi, his family, and friends. The legal practice is going to take a huge hit and that’s just unbelievably sad too.
TK was unable to think like a rational person, he checks every box of the DSM-V criteria for Narcissistic personality disorder:

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder​

The definition of NPD states that it comprises of a persistent manner of grandiosity, a continuous desire for admiration, along with a lack of empathy. It starts by early adulthood and occurs in a range of situations, as signified by the existence of any 5 of the next 9 standards (American Psychiatric Association, 2013):

• A grandiose logic of self-importance
  • A fixation with fantasies of infinite success, control, brilliance, beauty, or idyllic love
  • A credence that he or she is extraordinary and exceptional and can only be understood by, or should connect with, other extraordinary or important people or institutions
  • A desire for unwarranted admiration
  • A sense of entitlement
  • Interpersonally oppressive behavior
  • No form of empathy
  • Resentment of others or a conviction that others are resentful of him or her
  • A display of egotistical and conceited behaviors or attitudes

This case is haunting me. I'm long-time local Pinellas County and I live about half-way between the Largo law office and TK's Tarpon Springs home. I also worked for decades in Pinellas medical offices and law firms and have had my share of disconcerting exposure to unhinged doctors involved in lawsuits.
Snipped

I have been trying to find out if the arraignment will be aired live? Have you heard anything locally @SeesSeas?

Snipped

I have been trying to find out if the arraignment will be aired live? Have you heard anything locally @SeesSeas?
I haven't heard anything. I think a local channel might be in the courtroom tomorrow to air the ARRAIGNMENT live, although I wonder if Defendant will appear in court.
One month ago, 4/28/23, his attorney (he now has 3 attorneys!) filed this with the court:
The Defendant hereby waives his presence at any pretrial conference or status
check . . .

STATE OF FLORIDA vs. KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ ROMAN
05/30/2023ARRAIGNMENT (1:30 PM)

Filing # 172059358 E-Filed 04/28/2023 04:05:46 PM
WRITTEN WAIVER OF PRESENCE
check in the above-styled cause. This waiver is made pursuant to Fla. R. Cr. P.3.180
(a) (3).

I haven't heard anything. I think a local channel might be in the courtroom tomorrow to air the ARRAIGNMENT live, although I wonder if Defendant will appear in court.
One month ago, 4/28/23, his attorney (he now has 3 attorneys!) filed this with the court:
check . . .

05/30/2023ARRAIGNMENT (1:30 PM)

Filing # 172059358 E-Filed 04/28/2023 04:05:46 PM
WRITTEN WAIVER OF PRESENCE
check in the above-styled cause. This waiver is made pursuant to Fla. R. Cr. P.3.180
(a) (3).
Looked up the rule: I don't think he has to be there...because he entered a not guilty plea in his attorneys notice of appearance:

PLEA OF NOT GUILTY Defendant enters a plea of not guilty in the above cause pursuant to Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure 3.170

(a) Presence of Defendant. In all prosecutions for crime the defendant shall be present:

(1) at first appearance;
(2) when a plea is made, unless a written plea of not guilty shall be made in writing under the provisions of rule 3.170(a);
(3) at any pretrial conference, unless waived by the defendant in writing;
(4) at the beginning of the trial during the examination, challenging, impanelling, and swearing of the jury;
(5) at all proceedings before the court when the jury is present;
(6) when evidence is addressed to the court out of the presence of the jury for the purpose of laying the foundation for the introduction of evidence before the jury;
(7) at any view by the jury;
(8) at the rendition of the verdict; and
(9) at the pronouncement of judgment and the imposition of sentence.

(b) Presence; definition. A defendant is present for purposes of this rule if the defendant is physically in attendance for the courtroom proceeding, and has a meaningful opportunity to be heard through counsel on the issues being discussed

Arraignments:
A. Presence of the Defendant
. . . a plea of not guilty may be entered in writing in the defendant’s absence

Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure:
3.160 - Arraignment

I. Arraignments:
A. Presence of the Defendant
The defendant must be physically in attendance in the courtroom or participating through
an audiovisual device, and afforded a meaningful opportunity to be heard through counsel on the issues when a plea is entered; except a plea of not guilty may be entered in writing in the defendant’s absence; and at any non-critical-stage pretrial hearing, unless the defendant waives his/her presence in writing. Stout v. State, 795 So. 2d 227 (Fla. 4th DCA 2001), citing Florida
Rules of Criminal Procedure rule 3.220(o)(1).

[...]
04/28/2023WRITTEN PLEA NOT GUILTY BY ATTORNEY

Ha! We posted at the same time.
I should have waited for you, because you dig the details better than me!
Really disappointed that Defendant will be able to side-step much of the public process.

Ha! We posted at the same time.
I should have waited for you, because you dig the details better than me!
Really disappointed that Defendant will be able to side-step much of the public process.
So nice, TY.
Your post provided me the rule to look up, so no waiting!

Disappointed here too. I was looking through the speedy trial rules, then realized he waived his right to a speedy trial in the 1st Attorney's notice of appearance. Curious as to when it will be and if they set a date tomorrow.

jmo

Case Documents for: 23-02935-CF
6/7/2023MOTION TO REDUCE, MODIFY OR SET BONDMOTION TO REDUCE, MODIFY OR SET BOND (1)
6/7/2023MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENTMOTION TO DISMISS (1)

MOTION TO SET BOND
Excerpts:
13. Defendant has strong community ties. His primary residence is a home in
Tarpon Springs, which he purchased in 2018. Defendant owns the home
free and clear and he has resided there for approximately five (5) years. If
released from custody, Defendant plans to reside in his primary residence
with his three (3) dachshunds, Gibson, Rigby, and Ozzy.
[...]
A review of the relevant factors applicable to the instant case clearly
demonstrate that Defendant is entitled to a reasonable bond. As discussed above,
his age, his life history and ties to the community establish that he would not pose a
risk of flight or danger if released. The denial of bond in this case would, thereby,
violate his rights to reasonable conditions of bail as guaranteed under the Eighth
Amendment to the United States Constitution.

MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENT
Excerpts:
[...]
1. On or about March 21, 2023, the alleged victim, S.C., was reported missing.
2. The alleged victim has not been seen since that time.
3. Dr. Kosowski was developed as a person of interest in S.C.’s disappearance
based on pending civil litigation wherein S.C. was defending against a civil lawsuit
brought in 2019 by Dr. Kosowski against various doctors and surgical facilities. He
was purportedly connected circumstantially to the location where S.C. was last
known to have been located.
4. Numerous factors from S.C.’s past indicate that S.C.’s disappearance may
well have been of his own doing and/or not the result of foul play.
5. On or about April 27, 2023, despite S.C. not having been located, Dr.
Kosowski was indicted on one count of Murder in the First Degree. The State has
filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty.
[...]

Case Documents for: 23-02935-CF
6/7/2023MOTION TO REDUCE, MODIFY OR SET BONDMOTION TO REDUCE, MODIFY OR SET BOND (1)
6/7/2023MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENTMOTION TO DISMISS (1)

MOTION TO SET BOND
Excerpts:
13. Defendant has strong community ties. His primary residence is a home in
Tarpon Springs, which he purchased in 2018. Defendant owns the home
free and clear and he has resided there for approximately five (5) years. If
released from custody, Defendant plans to reside in his primary residence
with his three (3) dachshunds, Gibson, Rigby, and Ozzy.
[...]
A review of the relevant factors applicable to the instant case clearly
demonstrate that Defendant is entitled to a reasonable bond. As discussed above,
his age, his life history and ties to the community establish that he would not pose a
risk of flight or danger if released. The denial of bond in this case would, thereby,
violate his rights to reasonable conditions of bail as guaranteed under the Eighth
Amendment to the United States Constitution.

MOTION TO DISMISS INDICTMENT
Excerpts:
[...]
1. On or about March 21, 2023, the alleged victim, S.C., was reported missing.
2. The alleged victim has not been seen since that time.
3. Dr. Kosowski was developed as a person of interest in S.C.’s disappearance
based on pending civil litigation wherein S.C. was defending against a civil lawsuit
brought in 2019 by Dr. Kosowski against various doctors and surgical facilities. He
was purportedly connected circumstantially to the location where S.C. was last
known to have been located.
4. Numerous factors from S.C.’s past indicate that S.C.’s disappearance may
well have been of his own doing and/or not the result of foul play.
5. On or about April 27, 2023, despite S.C. not having been located, Dr.
Kosowski was indicted on one count of Murder in the First Degree. The State has
filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty.
[...]
It amazes me how things can be spun…

There was a status conference today.

Date to hear Motion to dismiss/motion to set bond has been scheduled.

1687213110919.png

07/17/2023PRE-TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officers BULONE, JOSEPH A, BULONE, JOSEPH A)
07/11/2023MOTION (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer BULONE, JOSEPH A)
MTN TO DISMISS / MTN TO SET BOND
06/19/2023STATUS CHECK/CONFERENCE (8:45 AM) (Judicial Officer BULONE, JOSEPH A)
RE: SCHEDULING OF MTN DISMISS/SET BOND
Result: HEARING HELD
06/19/2023HEARING SET Doc # 44

@Nila Aella - 2nd time we've been on the same wavelength!

07/17/2023PRE-TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officers BULONE, JOSEPH A, BULONE, JOSEPH A)
07/11/2023MOTION (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer BULONE, JOSEPH A)
06/19/2023STATUS CHECK/CONFERENCE (8:45 AM) (Judicial Officer BULONE, JOSEPH A)
RE: SCHEDULING OF MTN DISMISS/SET BOND
Result: HEARING HELD
06/19/2023HEARING SET Doc # 44
Yours looks nicer :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads