CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

GUILTY FL - Tai-Ling Gigliotti & Anton Angelo for child abuse, Spring Hill, 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by kittykat1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. kittykat1

kittykat1 Member

2. PattyCake

PattyCake Gypsy By Heart

I'm sorry but this is just disgusting. Another poor child basically held captive and horribly beaten?

We cannot remain a 'civil' & "humane" with people like this as they're inhumane themselves. I say the punishment should fit the crime. Lock them up in a little cell and have other prisoners do the exact same to them. But make the time about 5 times longer. 15 years of torture & beatings sound about right in this case. :furious:

3. Sheromom

Sheromom New Member

I don't understand why the woman, who should have been his protector AND played such a large role in his abuse, was give a lesser bond amount than the man. I hope he never has to see either of them again; poor kid!

4. gogrannypop

gogrannypop Call Me Butter, I'm On A Roll

So very sad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...en_kept_in_florida_bathroom_beaten_by_-1.html

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Updated Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 8:46 AM
    Tai-Ling Gigliotti and her boyfriend are acused of aggravated child abuse and false imprisonment. AP

Tai-Ling Gigliotti and her boyfriend are acused of aggravated child abuse and false imprisonment.

SPRING HILL, Fla. — For three years, neighbors in a quaint, middle-class community scarcely saw the lanky 16-year-old boy who lived with his adoptive mother and her boyfriend.

Now, they know why: According to authorities, the teen was brutally abused and held captive in his own home. Most recently, he'd been confined to a bathroom, locked from the outside and sealed with a piece of plywood over the window.

By the time he escaped last week, the Florida boy had a broken forearm and scars, scabs and oozing wounds that investigators say mark years of abuse.

Hernando County Sheriff Richard Nugent called it "barbaric."

"This is almost like what John McCain went through in Vietnam when he was a prisoner of war," Nugent said.

Tai-Ling Gigliotti and her boyfriend, Anton Angelo, were arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse and false imprisonment last week. Gigliotti, 50, was released on a $15,000 bond. Her attorney did not reply to messages seeking comment, and no one answered when a reporter visited her home. Angelo, 45, was released on a $50,000 bond. Available public records don't show if he has an attorney. He refused comment when approached by reporters after his arrest Thursday.

Authorities are still piecing together the boy's history, but they believe Gigliotti is the boy's aunt, and that she brought him from Taiwan to the United States when he was a young child.

The teen, whose name was not released because he is an alleged victim of child abuse, told investigators his stepfather was Anthony Gigliotti, who was the Philadelphia Orchestra's principal clarinetist. The stepfather died at age 79 in 2001, before the abuse apparently began.

5. EmMomma

EmMomma Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

First Kyle, now this.
    What the French is wrong with people?!
    I hope this boy gets some serious therapy so he can have a semi-normal life, and may he perpetrators ROT IN JAIL. :furious:

6. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

That poor boy! It sounds like his stepfather really loved him, and after his death things went downhill from there. He was left with his evil mother, and her evil boyfriend. Thank God he was able to escape. These poor children that are in these situations, i think they fear so much that they will end up dead at the hands of their abusers, that they risk their lives escaping, and by escaping they save their lives.

7. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

God bless this poor boy. I hope that he is able to find the emotional healing that he is going to need to live a normal life. As for the POS that did this to them, I am outraged that their bail was so low! I hope they both rot.

8. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

Child abuse trial continued after co-defendant plea deal

By TONY HOLT
    Published: March 4, 2010
    Updated: 04:28 pm

BROOKSVILLE - The trial of the mother accused of caging her teenage son and abusing him in their Spring Hill home had her trial delayed after her co-defendant accepted a plea deal Thursday.

Tai-Ling Gigliotti, 51, is charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse. She spent more than an hour Thursday conferring with her attorneys before seeking a continuance.

Earlier in the day, Gigliotti's live-in companion, Anton Angelo, pleaded guilty in Hernando County Circuit Court to one count of aggravated child abuse. His sentencing hearing was scheduled for April 29.

He is expected to be sentenced to five years probation.

The victim, who is now 17 and under foster care, told Circuit Judge Jack Springstead that Angelo, on numerous occasions, tried to protect him from his mother.
    Brown told the judge Gigliotti was willing to waive her right to a speedy trial given the "substantial change" in the case when Angelo entered his plea.

Springstead agreed and said the defendant would have been in an "untenable position" had the trial gone forward next week.

The victim was the adopted son of Gigliotti and her late husband, Anthony Gigliotti. He died in 2001 after a battle with cancer.

Anthony Gigliotti was a famed clarinet player who performed for nearly a half-century with the Philadelphia Orchestra.

Tai-Ling Gigliotti's other attorney, John H. Feiner, said a month after her arrest that her son was a "sociopath" and had lied to authorities.

more here

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/ma...ntinued-after-co-defendant-ple/news-breaking/

9. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Five years probation?
    Jesus not only wept, he is currently still weeping.

ETA: I'm glad that the guy "Tried to protect" him. But that didn't include calling the authorities or taking him for help. Five years probation isn't enough. MOO.

10. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Wow. I know who he is. The deceased father that is. Not personally but he was famous here. He went to Curtis. Played with our orchestra for years.

The kid is a sociopath? Well maybe you would be if ya got locked in a bathroom for all that time and had to escape.

How sad is that. I'm including a link about the boy's father. I hope that is alright.

http://www.clarinetworld.com/legend.htm

11. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

the kid isnt the freaking sociopath.

another deal with the devil. wonderful

12. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

13. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

here's hoping momster doesnt get off easy too.

14. reen

reen New Member

OMG. This is a very, very charged case. It's obvious a much higher bond should have been set for her for brutalizing and torturing a child for YEARS!

And I really hope the wild allegations she's making about the boy are not true. What a mess all around.

15. forthelost

forthelost I hear the angels call my name and I am Winterborn

Jury hears conflicting testimony in Hernando child abuse case

16. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

May 2010:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...-to-teen-as-tai-ling-gigliotti-awaits/1094586

18. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

http://www.tbo.com/news/woman-found-guilty-in-hernando-child-abuse-trial-44219

19. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

January 2011:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...hild_abuse_case_to_be_released_from_jail.html

20. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

January 2011:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/bail-set-in-notorious-hernando-child-abuse-case/1143943