FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Ms Suzanne, Jul 31, 2004.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Medium
    The Teen Beauty Queen Mystery | Missing #27
    ''Tammy was 18-years old at the time she vanished. She stood between 5'0" and 5'5" and weighed between 100 and 105 lbs. She had long, curly blond hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue blouse with flower appliques on the shoulder and a denim skirt; she was also carrying a gray purse.''

What happened to actress and model Tammy Lynn Leppert?
    July 3 2020
    ''Did you know Tammy Lynn Leppert?

News columnist John A. Torres is looking for more information about Tammy. If you knew her or have any information about her disappearance, please email John at jtorres@floridatoday.com

Since starting the Murder on the Space Coast podcast four years ago, there's been no shortage of potential topics.

Brevard County, it seems, is no stranger to mysterious deaths, questionable murder convictions or unsolved cases. And my readers and listeners have never been shy about suggesting potential subjects. Even some of my co-workers have bent my ear. Longtime Cocoa Beach residents John McCarthy and Malcolm Denemark have both asked when I was planning a season on Tammy Lynn Leppert.

[​IMG]
    Having moved to Brevard County in 2001, I had never heard of the beauty queen and actress who suddenly disappeared -- literally without a trace -- on July 6, 1983. The 18-year-old -- who sometimes went by Tami-Lynn -- had just started making her mark in movies with bit parts in the teen romp "Spring Break," and as a bikini-clad flirtation for Steven Bauer in "Scarface."

''Help me find out what happened to Tammy Lynn Leppert. Please e-mail me at jtorres@floridatoday.com.

Contact Torres at 321-242-3684 or at jtorres@floridatoday.com. Don’t forget to follow him on Twitter @johnalbertorres or on Facebook at John A. Torres.''

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020

2. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, @dotr

dotr likes this.
  3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

PayrollNerd and Suglo like this.
  4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Unrelated, to Marilyn Bergeron, but similar- noting in case it is of some significance either in the "real" world or an "imagined" one. rbbm.
    The Disappearance of Tammy Lynn Leppert
    ''Tammy left an optimistic and bubbly young woman and returned sullen and extremely paranoid.

Tammy erupted in fits of paranoia and terror. She refused to eat food prepared for her, or from open containers because she thought someone might poison her. Tammy wouldn’t leave the house unaccompanied.
    Her mother approached her and asked her what was going on. “Mom, what would you say if I told you somebody was trying to kill me?” Tammy Replied.
    Linda asked her if someone was trying to kill her, and Tammy said, “Yes.”
    Of course, this set Linda into a tailspin of worry. She tried to question her fearful daughter. But Tammy would only say that she couldn’t tell because they would kill her. She wouldn’t elaborate more than to say that she had seen something unspeakable at the party she went attended. She wouldn’t tell her mom what she saw, or who “they” were''.
    ''Linda didn’t know if her daughter had something to be afraid of, or if she was having a break with reality.''

Woman Goes Missing After Telling Family She’s Scared
    ''Marilyn Bergeron’s personality was noticeably different, but she refused to tell others what had happened.''

Family of young woman missing since 2008 looking for new leads
    ''Those close to her say she was highly agitated and afraid in the months leading up to her disappearance.

An old friend, Jonathan Gauthier, says two months before she disappeared, she broke down for several hours in his apartment, but wouldn't tell him what had happened.

"I asked her if she's been raped or something like that, I even spoke of murder," he said. "She said 'no, it's worse, you can't imagine what happened.'"
    Ws thread
    CANADA - Canada - Marilyn Bergeron, 24, Loretteville, QC, 17 Feb 2008

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Suglo likes this.
  6. Sleuth91

Sleuth91 Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread for Tammy.

dotr, neverletgo and Alleykins like this.
  7. BethAnn777

BethAnn777 Not well-known, just the way I like it.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read through this entire thread, but someone on FB mentioned that Phil Spector killed Lana Clarkson who was an extra in Scarface. Tammy was also an extra in Scarface. Long shot, but could there be any connection here?

NJEverCurious, Ozoner and dotr like this.
  8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Too late to ask him.
    Phil Spector, famed music producer and convicted murderer, dead at 81

Suglo and BethAnn777 like this.
  9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Actually that is a very interesting idea, it is noteworthy that Lana C. and Tammy L. both worked on the same movie set, imo, speculation.

Tammy Lynn Leppert - IMDb
    ''Known For
    Scarface Distraction at the Lookout Car - Chainsaw Shower Scene
    1983''

Lana Clarkson - IMDb
    Scarface
    Woman at Babylon Club 1983

10. moonstone angel

moonstone angel Active Member

I think she started to loose the plot way before the movie was made

dotr likes this.
  11. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

Bumping for Tammy, hope her case gets solved.

neverletgo and dotr like this.
  12. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case

Tammy's NamUs profile was modified yesterday 4/15/21 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She has 16 UID's ruled out against her.

Part of me thinks she could have went and started a new life, and the other part believes she met with foul play because she knew too much of something.

carbuff, dotr and Suglo like this.
  13. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

Neither is really likely tbh IMO. Mental illness seems to be most likely a huge factor

14. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It's interesting. I don't see Phil Spector as likely, though. He was a recluse. He only killed or threatened people in his own home or a recording studio where he was in charge. He was taking so many drugs/drink he wouldn't have been able to drive to the drug store on his own, let alone fly cross-country, rent a car and stalk someone. There probably wasn't anyone willing to trust him enough to go kill someone on his behalf. He didn't have many friends.

dotr and Alleykins like this.
  15. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Maybe, but it might be even simpler than that. It might be that the guy who supposedly dropped her off killed her during an argument. I think that that would be Occam's razor in this case.

karmaskiss01, carbuff and dotr like this.
  16. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Well-Known Member

Extremely strange case. I think TLL was mentally unbalanced and/or on drugs. I'm not convinced that someone was actually "after" her, but it's definitely possible. I.e., she could have had mental issues & also had someone after her as well.

The big question obviously is: What happened to her?! The last time she was seen was in a parking lot - barefoot, and with no purse - and possibly near a busy highway. I see several possibilities:

1) Without money - she tried to hitch-hike home, and was killed by whoever picked her up. If this is what happened, it was probably a crime of opportunity.

2) Someone was targeting her, kidnapped her, and killed her.

3) She was accidentally hit by a car (possibly at night), and the person panicked & disposed of the body.

4) The most unlikely possibility is that she is still alive somewhere; possibly homeless. But, if that's the case you would think she would have turned up by now - maybe.

It does seem like her mother used TLL to her own financial advantage. Sad. I wonder what would have happened if she had made it out to CA to try and become an actress. Would she have made it big in Hollywood, or faded into obscurity?! We'll never know.

Betty P and dotr like this.
  17. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case

Tammy's NamUs profile was updated today - she now has 17 rule outs
    This one was added today
    Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP2224
    Date Body Found:September 19, 1990
    State NC
    County Orange

Attached Files:

18. Hockeyfan158

Hockeyfan158 Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who feels her and Tiffany sessions disappearances might be related to Tammy disappearance? I mean they look somewhat similar you could almost past them off as sisters or cousins and both disappearances happen in Florida in the 80s.

Attached Files:

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Ws thread..
    FL - FL - Tiffany Sessions, 20, Gainesville, 9 Feb 1989

20. pugsley

pugsley Active Member

Tammy is mentioned in this short clip below as a possible victim....

Sex Slave Trade Madam Alex Heidi Fleiss Organized Crime - YouTube

pillywiggin, PayrollNerd and Feme98 like this.