FL FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91

Mrs. Badcrumble

The North remembers
Reaction score
I couldn't find an existing thread for this little girl. She is estimated being about 12-14 years old! :(

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Female
White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: January 1, 1994
Location Found: Tampa, Florida
Estimated Age Range: 11-15 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: USF19-018

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years): 11-15

Estimated Year of Death: --
Estimated PMI: --

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: January 1, 1994

NamUs Case Created: November 12, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
County: Hillsborough County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Recovery:
Juvenile female that is likely 12-14 years old.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains:
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Last edited:
I was planning on submitting to the doenet if I could find more information about the UID but it seems there's almost none.

If it matters at all, you've got my vote for submitting her as a potential match. Good job looking out! Perhaps you should consider contacting the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office instead of Doe. They're listed as contact for both JD and Gail. It might be likely they've already compared the cases, but since she's not listed as an exclusion it's safe to assume they've not been compared.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I definitely see a lot of Gail Joiner in the reconstruction, and she was missing from very nearby.
Original
Original
Definitely submit this to Hillsborough SO if you can. If it is her, she has 6 siblings. Maybe one or more is still in the area. Maybe one of them has done their DNA already.

This description of the UID makes it sound like they only found a head. But that could help if there is dental records and of course DNA.
Inventory of Remains:
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

I was planning on submitting to the doenet if I could find more information about the UID but it seems there's almost none.

Vic I would submit. We are never going to know any more about that UID given that it seems very little of her was found. If it's not a match then we move on, but imagine if it is her and you could be bringing her home to family xx

I submitted the match to the DoeNetwork.

Apparently, the comparison hasn't been made, which shocks me a bit.

I'm not shocked one bit that they've not been compared. The cases are old and cold. Departments and investigators are overwhelmed with new cases and high employee turnover rates. These things lead to lots of cases and clues being overlooked/ignored. An answer on a comparison, even if it's "no match", is progress made on two cases. If nothing else it helps shake the dust off of them which may bring new leads and answers. Ty for submitting!

I am surprised this is the first time I have seen this case! Especially with her being so young! First look I thought this was Broward co doe with a new recon. She was also believed to be around the same age.

First guess to how someone so young being unidentified is they ran away from a group home and fell through the cracks (like Shannon Aumock) or they were murdered by their caregiver. Shannon's case happened in 1992. The group home didn't report her since she was a frequent runaway. Makes me wonder how many others have similar stories. We know there had been kids written off as runaways and then their cases purged after they reached 18.

I am surprised this is the first time I have seen this case! Especially with her being so young! First look I thought this was Broward co doe with a new recon. She was also believed to be around the same age.

First guess to how someone so young being unidentified is they ran away from a group home and fell through the cracks (like Shannon Aumock) or they were murdered by their caregiver. Shannon's case happened in 1992. The group home didn't report her since she was a frequent runaway. Makes me wonder how many others have similar stories. We know there had been kids written off as runaways and then their cases purged after they reached 18.
I found this article that goes off what I said. It focuses on Florida too.

"Until recently, Florida and other states did not track children who disappeared from state care or actively look for them, downplaying the dangers they faced."

"The scope of the indifference became clear last summer(article is from 2002), as Florida's child welfare system struggled to account for 500 missing children."

"'What this means is these kids were never reported missing," he said. "It could indicate they were a throwaway kid, possibly a runaway from foster care if social services didn't report them, or [it could mean that] the person taking care of the child is the one who killed him.'"

"Some police agencies also delete files from NCIC when youths turn 18, reasoning that they are now adults and "emancipated.'"

@Roselvr I am not seeing a probable year of death. Looks like Deb to me. I can't tag our related member for some reason.

Thank you for contacting Roselvr, she always knows how to reach me. I appreciate you thinking of Deb, I have submitted her to LE on Debs case, so we will see how it goes. I'm praying so hard for this to be her......

BTW, I always find it better to deal directly with the detective on the case than going through organizations.

Last edited:
I found this article that goes off what I said. It focuses on Florida too.

"Until recently, Florida and other states did not track children who disappeared from state care or actively look for them, downplaying the dangers they faced."

"The scope of the indifference became clear last summer(article is from 2002), as Florida's child welfare system struggled to account for 500 missing children."

"'What this means is these kids were never reported missing," he said. "It could indicate they were a throwaway kid, possibly a runaway from foster care if social services didn't report them, or [it could mean that] the person taking care of the child is the one who killed him.'"

"Some police agencies also delete files from NCIC when youths turn 18, reasoning that they are now adults and "emancipated.'"

They didn't just do this with state kids, BTW....they did this with any child listed as a runaway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back