FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 29, 2008.

1. typically-a-reader

typically-a-reader Member

2. typically-a-reader

sadly, or anywhere in the country. There are so many loved one unidentified!

3. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Wow! Wonder which of her old friends wrote that? I've never seen that site; will have to check it out when I get on a computer

4. typically-a-reader

5. Roselvr

She was found a year before Tavia went missing. Tavia is missing since Dec 31, 1985
    Date Found Jan 1, 1985

6. typically-a-reader

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to the dates bc I have read where they were listed incorrectly. The date is off though...

Thank you!

7. Roselvr

From FL - Big Coppitt Key - Valentine Jane Doe 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb 1991

Both Valentine Doe & Tavia have DNA in NamUs so if you want to turn it in; it should be fairly easy to rule in/out. Going to reply in Tavia's thread too where the daughter of Tavia's friend posts
    Valentine Doe - NamUs UP #6182
    Tavia Bailey NamUs MP #5815

8. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

It's been over a year since anyone posted here. I don't see Tavia Bailey ruled out for Valentine Jane Doe. I really thought she was a good match, too, so I hope they at least checked it, even if it's not listed.

9. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

This girl realy touches my soul.....because......It's almost newyear....and I will have a party....because I still can....I hope she will have a party too but I don't think she is out there anymore or if she is, not in very good circumstances (just my gut feeling) Off course I hope she made it, as some people can against all odds......

About the blond hair. I was very blond when I was young, and now it's brown with a reddish tint to it, my father was soooo blond when he was a little boy, when he died at 53 he had almost black hair, my son was very blond and now he has brown hair...so the colour of hair can get darker as the years go by.

Being abused she had probably a low self esteem (how many time mom just new about it, but never did anything, not that this happened to this girl, but it happenes) and could be confused about the difference between love and sexuality (lack of "good" love/attention is love = sex confusion etc.) Disconnecting body and mind.....do I have to go on.....

How did she get the scarves in her face, I wondered, and how deep is the scar on her cheekbone, quite deep as I can see....that could go away maybe when she got older...but I doubt it....

10. Bit of hope

11. Bit of hope

Bumping for Tavia....went missing so long ago...almost new year...hope you are found one day girlie.

12. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Well-Known Member

I pray they find her soon.

13. Bit of hope

Bumping for Tavia! Another year gone...

14. Bit of hope

15. Bit of hope

16. Bit of hope

Again a year gone and no sign of Tavia. Hope 2019 will bring news.

theshadow45 and Roselvr like this.
  17. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

18. Bit of hope

Is there any known family member looking out for her? LE? Did somebody see a search effort? This case is so cold as ice....

19. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Well-Known Member

She does look like alot Big Copper Jane Doe, but the date is off.

Sadly not much to go on here, I feel like she was involved with the wrong crowd and involved in drugs and possibly prostitution. I think she left on her own accord or with the company of a male but she was only 15 and should have gone to school instead, but I guess this is what happens when you're sexually abused by your stepfather.

One thing that caught my attention on charleyproject desciption was this

"Tavia typically dated African-American men at the time of her disappearance and may have been in the company of one after she went missing"

The way it's mentioned gives me a negative feeling, she was 15 and she dated men? black men which probably was seen as more probelamtic back then. And she was sexually active since 12.

Then this

"Tavia's mother stated her daughter had emotional and behavioral problems as a result of being sexually abused by her stepfather when she was eight years old. She received psychotherapy and spent time in group homes to help her recover from the psychological trauma, but by the age of twelve was she sexually active and involved with drugs"

Tavia had run away several times before, once traveling as far as New York City, but she always kept in touch with her mother. After her December 1985 disappearance, she never called home again.

I feel like she was our of control. Her mother tried her best but she couldn't control her. She was rebellous and nothing could stop her.

Is it possible that her stepfather had anyting to do with her dissapearence, where was he at the time?

And those "men" she was seeing. Did her mother know who she was dating at the time? maybe they should check for her in NY area. Maybe she started with prostitution and was murdered. Any doe matching her?

theshadow45 and Bit of hope like this.
  20. Bit of hope

sorry

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  21. Bit of hope

Bumping (I never do this) Need eyes and input!