FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

2. Bit of hope

I 100% hoping with you. I think she certainly was a damaged child (sound so harsh in English, don't mean to be ..we call it like that in the Netherlands and I'm one of them) considering her history....still we can't be sure she was victimized by a sociopath....or did I missed something?

3. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Quote RSBM.

If a 15-year-old goes missing while in the presence of a man, she's very likely a victim. I can't think of another scenario.

Anyone with good intentions would help a 15-year-old live a normal teenage life - safe with family, going to high school, trying new hobbies and interests, not helping her run away.

Savemecastiel likes this.
  4. Bit of hope

Off course she is a victim, she was all along, far before she went missing. I'm just having a problem with the word sociopath....in a clinical sense. I wish she encountered the person you described...a person with good intentions. Also, let's stick to what we know...she may have been in the company of a male after she went missing/she may have been taken against her will. We are not sure....if you ask me there is 80% chance she came to harm by a male....she could have OD'd and people panicked and hide her body "just that easy".

5. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

In either case, if they had a conscience (not a sociopath), what would they have done about their guilt / remorse by now? I don't feel I'm misusing the word but am open to hearing more about your opinion (here or PM).

Are you also speculating maybe she went willingly for the relationship but he gave her drugs and she OD'd? But that's still very predatory behavior, with known risks, especially if he was an adult.

6. typically-a-reader

typically-a-reader Member

I am almost certain she did not accidentally OD. She was best friends with my aunt (I was really young) I remember them running away but never into drugs. And I think we would have found her if that happened. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Bit of hope and PayrollNerd like this.
  7. Bit of hope

Were you able to talk to your aunt? I know you said you find that hard, but maybe you did?

shanda3434 likes this.
  8. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Bumping, yesterday was Tavia's birthday.