FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

From FL - Big Coppitt Key - Valentine Jane Doe 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb 1991

I have been silently following several cases for months now, but this will be my first time posting to discuss a specific one. That being said, hopefully I don't make too many mistakes!

I stumbled upon a missing girl from Florida the other day and thought back to Valentine Jane Doe. The girl is Tavia Elizabeth Bailey- http://www.nampn.org/cases/bailey_tavia.html

Tavia went missing from Pensacola FL at the end of 1985, which is quite a large time gap, but Tavia's circumstances state that she was a frequent runaway who mentioned going to New York. Could she have ran away and stayed out of contact with her family for almost six years? I don't know.

Some of the stats add up, and some of them don't.

-Tavia was 15 when she disappeared, making her 21 when VD was found.

-Tavia's height is 5'3, an inch shorter than VD's estimate of 5'4-5'7.

-Tavia's eyecolor is brown, VD's is brown-green.

-Tavia had BLONDE hair while VD had brown.

- Tavia's ears were pierced several times, which was what originally made me think of Valentine Doe. (VD had four piercings in each ear)

- They are both from Florida, however, Tavia went missing in Pensacola which is about 12 hours away from where VD was found.

Thoughts? It's a pretty big stretch, but I personally see a resemblance in appearance too. IMO they have similar facial structures and nasal bridge.

View attachment 74509View attachment 74510 View attachment 74516

Both Valentine Doe & Tavia have DNA in NamUs so if you want to turn it in; it should be fairly easy to rule in/out. Going to reply in Tavia's thread too where the daughter of Tavia's friend posts
Valentine Doe - NamUs UP #6182
Tavia Bailey NamUs MP #5815

This girl realy touches my soul.....because......It's almost newyear....and I will have a party....because I still can....I hope she will have a party too but I don't think she is out there anymore or if she is, not in very good circumstances (just my gut feeling) Off course I hope she made it, as some people can against all odds......

About the blond hair. I was very blond when I was young, and now it's brown with a reddish tint to it, my father was soooo blond when he was a little boy, when he died at 53 he had almost black hair, my son was very blond and now he has brown hair...so the colour of hair can get darker as the years go by.

Being abused she had probably a low self esteem (how many time mom just new about it, but never did anything, not that this happened to this girl, but it happenes) and could be confused about the difference between love and sexuality (lack of "good" love/attention is love = sex confusion etc.) Disconnecting body and mind.....do I have to go on.....

How did she get the scarves in her face, I wondered, and how deep is the scar on her cheekbone, quite deep as I can see....that could go away maybe when she got older...but I doubt it....

There is a picture added of Tavia in june 2017, not very sharp but something to go on...
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bailey_tavia.html

bailey_tavia2.jpg

Bumping for Tavia....went missing so long ago...almost new year...hope you are found one day girlie.

Is there any known family member looking out for her? LE? Did somebody see a search effort? This case is so cold as ice....

She does look like alot Big Copper Jane Doe, but the date is off.

Sadly not much to go on here, I feel like she was involved with the wrong crowd and involved in drugs and possibly prostitution. I think she left on her own accord or with the company of a male but she was only 15 and should have gone to school instead, but I guess this is what happens when you're sexually abused by your stepfather.

One thing that caught my attention on charleyproject desciption was this

"Tavia typically dated African-American men at the time of her disappearance and may have been in the company of one after she went missing"

The way it's mentioned gives me a negative feeling, she was 15 and she dated men? black men which probably was seen as more probelamtic back then. And she was sexually active since 12.

Then this

"Tavia's mother stated her daughter had emotional and behavioral problems as a result of being sexually abused by her stepfather when she was eight years old. She received psychotherapy and spent time in group homes to help her recover from the psychological trauma, but by the age of twelve was she sexually active and involved with drugs"

Tavia had run away several times before, once traveling as far as New York City, but she always kept in touch with her mother. After her December 1985 disappearance, she never called home again.

I feel like she was our of control. Her mother tried her best but she couldn't control her. She was rebellous and nothing could stop her.

Is it possible that her stepfather had anyting to do with her dissapearence, where was he at the time?

And those "men" she was seeing. Did her mother know who she was dating at the time? maybe they should check for her in NY area. Maybe she started with prostitution and was murdered. Any doe matching her?

sorry

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow