FL - Tayla Aleman, 13 months, dies of extreme neglect, Loxahatchee, April 2016 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by 0101ABA, Feb 15, 2017.

1. bluenoser

bluenoser Hello from Nova Scotia

I almost didn't come back to this thread after reading the indictment (which I only got 3/4 of the way through), but I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I know there are lazy mothers out there, but I can't understand why continue to keep having children? I would almost feel that having CPS come around would be a godsend to the mother, because she could get some help! Did she sleep all day? It seems to me that none of these children were even toilet trained (feces on floors, walls, toilets not flushed, piles of urine soaked laundry). Probably what the one child was hiding in the bushes for. I can't for the life of me, get if off of my mind. Did the father work nights sometimes....maybe they both spent their days in bed, neglecting the kids, but I mean they couldn't even talk. Did the mother even communicate with them during the day? Wouldn't they learn to talk from the older siblings or tv...(they had enough tvs in the house!)? My minds just reeling from all of this and I keep asking myself questions, that can't be answered. Just so so upsetting & disgusting...and the dog, I bawled because of the poor dogs as well :(

2. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

I have the feeling the mother will claim domestic abuse and how her husband controlled her, JMO

3. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Oregon gives TANF as well

4. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

In CA from what I understand, if you apply for aid when you have a bunch of kids already, you get more than a person who applies and has just one, but once you are on it you don't get more cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

And the T stands for Temporary. An adult is supposedly limited to 60 months of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families total.

SNAP; HUD housing assistance; WIC -- supplemental food for Women, Infants, and Children; state-arranged health insurance CHIP, all available.

Nurses for Newborns & some other home visitor programs provide diapers. Bright Futures is another help-in-the-home program.

Parents As Teachers is available nation-wide.

The children are eligible for special services such as Speech on the third birthday. Florida has universal Pre-K available to 4 year olds.

Help & support was available.

These adults probably bothered with the big-ticket HUD rent support and SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps) and didn't bother with the rest.

So, so, so sad for the children. This combination of physical, emotional, and intellectual damage is difficult to overcome & costly.

Kids are also resilient! A supportive family & supportive teachers & therapists can facilitate amazing growth in children.

Hope we hear some follow-up on the kiddos!

:seeya:

6. Laughing

This is what I understand as well, plus the time limit. A person can no longer just qualify for cash grant & continue to receive it forever.

Read & learn to your heart's content:

https://www.hhs.gov/programs/index.html

7. Heyits_tay04

Heyits_tay04 New Member

Yea I know all of that. Thanks for trying to explain the laws in my state. But like most things people find ways to beat the system. My one time friends (this actually caused the separation) they had a kid. So the mom and son filed for all that assistance under her last name bc she still had it and then the dad filed with the same kid but under his name. You ever wonder why you see people on government asst. with too many kids driving around in cars with wheels and tires or payin cash for new nice flat screens? That's why. More kids more money. No real job bc of the asst but sell drugs for an "income" but that can't be taxable so they file for help. It's a cycle. And it's 60 months. All they have to do to get back on it is show that they "went out looking for a job"

Justice for Susan Winters.

8. cvaldez1975

I hope the kids don't have RAD [emoji45]

9. Nancee Drue

Nancee Drue Member

I am hoping a jury decides the worst, for those responsible, for the abuse of the children and the death of the baby.

10. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

The Palm Beach Post has been covering this case. Here is a link to all of that coverage.

11. Laughing

They all probably do have trust issues and attachment issues. That's harder to fax than dental issues....

12. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

Aleman and Meyer will go to trial in January 2018

13. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

Mother of little girl who starved: I didn’t realize how small she was
    EXCLUSIVE: How did baby Tayla Aleman starve to death?
    Much much more at the 2nd link.

14. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

OMG THIS QUOTE: Father: “Is there a law that your baby has to go to the doctor?” Aleman asks.“Yes,” a detective responds. “It’s called medical treatment.”

These people are MONSTERS.

15. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

16. MicheleT

MicheleT Well-Known Member

17. cvaldez1975

18. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

Thank you (seriously, thank you) for following up on Achilles. So happy to read that he was cared for and is now in a safe environment.

ETA and of course, i am sickened and saddened by all of the details and all that these children have gone through. Just feel so helpless...

19. MOTORUNNER

MOTORUNNER My echo, My shadow, and Me

After reading this, im going home and deep cleaning my whole apartment. Sad for everyone involved (except the parents... they can rot) I don't understand how people can receive such benefits and yet still manage to starve their children and have a filthy home.

20. krkrjx

krkrjx Comfortably numb

My understanding is that starving to death is quite painful. Add to that e-coli, strep, influenza, pneumonia, various rashes and likely bedsores...

There better not be a deal offered to either of these inhuman beings, and both better be sentenced to the maximum allowed by law.

I read the entire report. I can't stop shaking.