Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an adult goes "missing" on purpose, should we be looking for her? Do police actively seek out people once they have determined they are missing by choice? I feel weird about prying into the life of someone who seemingly chose to disappear (in my opinion.) Yes, it would be great to know for sure but who has the right to try to find her?

This case is baffling. The large sums of cash are the only reason (imo) to suspect possible foul play but also serve as the motive to vanish.
Excellent point!

IMO The only way that LE can know or think or assert that Taylor is missing of her own volition is if SHE told them or someone she knows told them that and LE verified it by hearing it from her.

39 days today.

IMO The only way that LE can know or think or assert that Taylor is missing of her own volition is if SHE told them or someone she knows told them that and LE verified it by hearing it from her.

39 days today.

Would LE disclose that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gut feeling is the money is/was at the horse farm--keeping this location secret would be extremely important to several parties in a variety of scenarios--whether Taylor disappeared on purpose or not. Imagine hiding money at a remote location only to find it mapped out on a international website with hints that it's now buried treasure. Not good. I'm not saying Taylor hid it, either--it might have changed hands voluntarily or involuntarily. I'm not saying that anyone close to her knows for sure, either, but many different things could have happened, and perhaps, to be safe, it seems best not to reveal the loction.

I agree. If it was voluntary, then someone knows something. Maybe whoever it is, is afraid to say. Maybe it wasn’t expected to get this far (websleuths, Facebook, police, etc.).

39 days today.

Would the text from TW phone sent to friend about getting away for a few days (then screenshot sent to Fleurde) count? Would LE consider that sound evidence?

Would the text from TW phone sent to friend about getting away for a few days (then screenshot sent to Fleurde) count? Would LE consider that sound evidence?

Can you remind me of what the screenshot was and did gf get text about getting away? I’m sorry. It’s hard for me to keep it straight. Thx. J

Would LE disclose that?

I would imagine they would say she has been "located."

I have typed 3 different responses here but have deleted all of them.

I think she is missing under suspicious circumstances and will indeed continue to investigate.

good question but OMG I would hope LE would NOT consider a screenshot of a text purportedly sent by a missing person to be taken as "sound evidence" of ANYTHING.

If an adult goes "missing" on purpose, should we be looking for her? Do police actively seek out people once they have determined they are missing by choice? I feel weird about prying into the life of someone who seemingly chose to disappear (in my opinion.) Yes, it would be great to know for sure but who has the right to try to find her?

This case is baffling. The large sums of cash are the only reason (imo) to suspect possible foul play but also serve as the motive to vanish.

If the police determine someone is missing voluntarily, they won't devote much resources to finding them. They will put out a BOLO for her and if another officer happens upon her, they will verify her well-being. Without her car, it is unlikely another officer will happen upon her.

If the police have made contact with her and she specifically requested they not tell anyone, I'm not sure if they would or not. There is not a warrant out for her and the police are not going to concern themselves with the ongoing divorce case.

Not related to this case, just hypothetical, if a woman flees her abusive husband and he files a missing persons report, I'm pretty sure the police are not going to inform him. Wouldn't they feel it more important to protect the woman? I'm guessing it is a subjective call for LE.

If the police determine someone is missing voluntarily, they won't devote much resources to finding them. They will put out a BOLO for her and if another officer happens upon her, they will verify her well-being. Without her car, it is unlikely another officer will happen upon her.

If the police have made contact with her and she specifically requested they not tell anyone, I'm not sure if they would or not. There is not a warrant out for her and the police are not going to concern themselves with the ongoing divorce case.
If police made contact with her the Missing Person entry in the Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) would be removed. Otherwise, she would remain a stop, hold, contact Pensacola PD. There is zero obligation to tell anyone where she is or who she is with. The only obligation LE has to make sure that she is of sound mind, uninjured, and acting of her own free will.

I don't think a screenshot without also sighting the original text can be classed as evidence...

Screenshots are images and all images can be altered.

For example, when I take screenshots I often alter the size and then sometimes sharpen them to make it clearer and if I wanted to, I could alter anything I wanted in the screenshot....

However, sighting the original text sent from phone to phone is different and to my understanding, the content of the original text as sent through your phone network can't be alterated like a screensot can... hope this makes sense...

I agree. If it was voluntary, then someone knows something. Maybe whoever it is, is afraid to say. Maybe it wasn’t expected to get this far (websleuths, Facebook, police, etc.).

I think someone knows ..... 2 ppl actually.
They will not tell.....

Not afraid....
More like Loyalty.....

I don't think a screenshot without also sighting the original text can be classed as evidence...

Screenshots are images and all images can be altered.

For example, when I take screenshots I often alter the size and then sometimes sharpen them to make it clearer and if I wanted to, I could alter anything I wanted in the screenshot....

However, sighting the original text sent from phone to phone is different and to my understanding, the content of the original text as sent through your phone network can't be alterated like a screensot can... hope this makes sense...

What was the screenshot of?

What was the screenshot of?

The friend who last saw her, sent fleurde a screenshot of a text she says Taylor sent her saying she (Taylor) needed to get away for awhile.

If police made contact with her the Missing Person entry in the Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) would be removed. Otherwise, she would remain a stop, hold, contact Pensacola PD. There is zero obligation to tell anyone where she is or who she is with. The only obligation LE has to make sure that she is of sound mind, uninjured, and acting of her own free will.

Is she in the FCIC database? I don't believe she is in NAMUS (not positive though). If police had made contact, might they say something like "we have investigated and don't believe there is foul play"? Instead of specifically saying they have made contact and she is fine?

Exactly! One never imagines all of the repercussions of such an act (IF, big if, it was planned. ) Could she have imagined that both her ex and her current love would be posting on that website in a cordial manner, as well?

And if this was NOT planned, think about the fears of the people left behind-- might they be next if someone else feared that they were delving too much into the money issues or disappearance or that they already knew too much? I would be terrified.

I hope this woman is found safe and I can eat my hat. I hope those around her are as well-intentioned as purported. Most of all, I hope her son is safe and does not have to go through his whole life wondering what happened to his mom.

Is she in the FCIC database? I don't believe she is in NAMUS (not positive though). If police had made contact, might they say something like "we have investigated and don't believe there is foul play"? Instead of specifically saying they have made contact and she is fine?

http://weartv.com/news/local/pensac...ues-to-help-find-missing-private-investigator

Police say wright is listed as a missing person in the National Crime Information Center.

She is not listed in Namus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member