FL FL - Terrance Williams, 27, & Felipe Santos, 23, Collier Co, 2003 & 2004

any updates?

I wonder if SC has committed any more murders and gotten away with it since these two men went missing?

Or prior to them going missing. As others have pointed out (and I agree,) these may not be the first. I've been doing some digging of possible victims and have posted one. Would be great if others looked into this too. I also read that SC previously lived in Illinois and worked as a farmer. More info on this would be good too. If I knew where in Illinois he was based then I could search for possible victims there too.

I just came across this case in a listverse list of all things (controversial missing persons cases) and am appalled this man hasn't been arrested on suspicion of murder. I wish there was more luck finding other victims because I doubt this creep kept it to two

Tour stops in Collier to focus on cold cases
Posted: Oct 09, 2013 3:44 PM CST Updated: Oct 09, 2013 5:01 PM CST
By Christy Andrews

COLLIER COUNTY -

Two Collier County cold cases that are both nearly a decade old were back in the spotlight Wednesday.

As part of a national tour to raise awareness of missing children and adults, investigators asked for information in the cases of 23-year-old Felipe Santos and 29-year-old Terrance Williams.

Family and investigators hope to generate new leads in both cases.
More at the link.

I just saw the ID show on this.
If he is guilty, this may be Calkins' first two murders. I can't believe how sloppy he was. In the Santos case there had been an accident with everything documented. Everyone agrees he drove off with Santos, but instead of taking him to jail he took him to Circle K. How often does this happen in this police department and with this officer?

As soon as he was cleared of wrongdoing in the Santos case, he does the exact same thing- takes someone away in his squad car but instead of taking him to jail takes him to Circle K. Circle K is like Calkins' alternate jail. Even if that's true, he had just been in trouble for supposedly dropping off a prisoner at Circle K. Unless he did it all the time, you'd think he would remember, "Last time I did a suspect this same favor, I got investigated." But four days later he claimed not to remember. When his boss called to ask him about it on his day off, it sounded like his initial reaction was "Oh $h!t". He didn't actually say it, but his intonation on "Oh" sounded more "oh crap" than "oh, whatever, I don't remember".

In the Williams case, the police department said he told multiple lies. On the radio he said he didn't know where the driver was and implied he would lie and say the car was blocking the road to justify towing it. 20 minutes later he had Williams' name. Later he said he initially made contact with Williams when he was having car trouble and he took him to Circle K. If he were a smart liar he would have picked one story and stuck to it, and he wouldn't have picked something so similar to something he recently had been in trouble for.

It's possible he carefully planned many murders and got sloppy, thinking he could get away with anything. I wouldn't be surprised if these were the first two times he said he dropped someone off at Circle K who disappeared.

Just caught this on disappeared....how can this guy be getting away with this?

I cant see these being the only he has committed,would just hve to have changed MO after he was fired

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

article-2260415-16DD01C5000005DC-303_634x416.jpg

It seems obvious he didn't take him far, since coming back to the car within an hour to tow it. White supremacy is found all over Florida and I don't think the killer did this in a vacuum. I get a sense there's an organized group that he was a part of, that has been providing protection and support for the murderous cop. He got away with killing Santos but he didn't count on a mother's love to corner him with Terrance's murder. Only the Feds can get inside this case. Where ever they were killed, it's likely the remains have been moved and destroyed by now. I hear that another man came forward to say that this cop had chased him with two other cops, on the beach, intending to kill him but that he got away. You can bet the cops are real good at hiding bodies. No one knows the area as well as they do.

http://www.marcoislandflorida.com/article/20130111/CRIME/301110030/Naples-man-claims-run-in-1997-Collier-County-deputy-who-last-seen-2-missing-men

Has anyone posted any witness statements online? I looked and wasn't able to find any.

This is my own theory of the crime and I think it fits most with the evidence. It is well documented that cops often take minorities/indigent people on starlight tours, which is where they arrest someone for a low level crime like public intox or driving without a license and instead of taking them to jail, they dump em outside of city limits in some place that is fairly inhospitable. 99% of the time the person survives and doesn't say anything because they were caught doing something illegal and they are poor/minority/a criminal and they think they have no recourse.

What I think happened is that he took Felipe Santos out into the everglades and dumped him there, alive. Santos lived for a time before succumbing to the elements. When he got word that they hadn't heard from him, Calkins assumed that Santos fled back to Mexico or to some other city/state to avoid la migra. I think Calkins firmly believed the guy was alive at the end of their investigation of Santos' disappearance. Or at the very least, that the disappearance had nothing to do with him. After all, when he arrested Terrance, he did absolutely nothing to cover his tracks. He knows there were witnesses at the cemetary. He knew these phone calls and license plate traces were recorded. He knew his signature was going to be on the tow record. None of his actions speak to someone who is aware that there may be a criminal investigation of him.

Look at it this way, if Terrance Williams is found with a bullet in his skull, they are going to scrutinize his every move and find out Calkins lied to dispatch regarding the tow. He had just been through an investigation into his actions regarding Santos' disappearance. He KNEW they might look into his actions on the day that Williams was pulled over the way they did with Santos, so why wouldn't he take bigger steps to make sure there weren't traces of his involvement in this? Clean up his act from last time?

To me, the only explanation is that he legitimately did not know these two men would end up dead. When it became clear that they did die as a result of his actions, then he starts panicking and trying to cover his lies (he probably started suspecting something when he got a call from dispatch asking where the hell Terrance was). The sad thing is, if my hypothesis is true, both men lived for some time and could've been saved if he had just told the truth. :-(

Has anyone posted any witness statements online? I looked and wasn't able to find any.

This is my own theory of the crime and I think it fits most with the evidence. It is well documented that cops often take minorities/indigent people on starlight tours, which is where they arrest someone for a low level crime like public intox or driving without a license and instead of taking them to jail, they dump em outside of city limits in some place that is fairly inhospitable. 99% of the time the person survives and doesn't say anything because they were caught doing something illegal and they are poor/minority/a criminal and they think they have no recourse.

What I think happened is that he took Felipe Santos out into the everglades and dumped him there, alive. Santos lived for a time before succumbing to the elements. When he got word that they hadn't heard from him, Calkins assumed that Santos fled back to Mexico or to some other city/state to avoid la migra. I think Calkins firmly believed the guy was alive at the end of their investigation of Santos' disappearance. Or at the very least, that the disappearance had nothing to do with him. After all, when he arrested Terrance, he did absolutely nothing to cover his tracks. He knows there were witnesses at the cemetary. He knew these phone calls and license plate traces were recorded. He knew his signature was going to be on the tow record. None of his actions speak to someone who is aware that there may be a criminal investigation of him.

Look at it this way, if Terrance Williams is found with a bullet in his skull, they are going to scrutinize his every move and find out Calkins lied to dispatch regarding the tow. He had just been through an investigation into his actions regarding Santos' disappearance. He KNEW they might look into his actions on the day that Williams was pulled over the way they did with Santos, so why wouldn't he take bigger steps to make sure there weren't traces of his involvement in this? Clean up his act from last time?

To me, the only explanation is that he legitimately did not know these two men would end up dead. When it became clear that they did die as a result of his actions, then he starts panicking and trying to cover his lies (he probably started suspecting something when he got a call from dispatch asking where the hell Terrance was). The sad thing is, if my hypothesis is true, both men lived for some time and could've been saved if he had just told the truth. :-(

Hmm I don't know, isn't it a bit of a coincidence that TWO men died in his charge? Something else is going on here and Calkins didn't care about witnesses etc probably because he hid those bodies well. Obviously he's not worried about the he said she said as a cop. he knows what can and cannot be proven and he's secure in that. No matter what happened it begins and ends with him. JMO

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I hope this is ok to put here. I have been looking into South Carolina's unidentified and found this and thought of Felipe

http://www.sled.sc.gov/UR_20040415.aspx

Bamabeauty, is there another way to get to this page? I've tried 3 different broswers & can't get it to open in any of them. :(

A specific search perhaps or case#?

I'd love to read it.

Bamabeauty, is there another way to get to this page? I've tried 3 different broswers & can't get it to open in any of them. :(

A specific search perhaps or case#?

I'd love to read it.

Add the colon in front of the "http" part. For some reason it is there when you look at the link but the link itself is missing the colon.

ETA: http://www.sled.sc.gov/UR_20040415.aspx

Add the colon in front of the "http" part. For some reason it is there when you look at the link but the link itself is missing the colon.

ETA: http://www.sled.sc.gov/UR_20040415.aspx

I saw this case on Disappeared today. I've seen it before but never thought much of it. I searched for it here and was pleasantly surprised people are still sleuthing this case.

I like this match for Felipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the case in ID Discovery, can't believe this guy can get away with it with so much circumstancial evidence against him. I'm sure most of us know of cases where a conviction has been reached based on even less circunstancial evidences than the available in this case. It is outrageous to think of it.

I feel very sad for the families, but IMO both men were killed and most probably we will never found their remains. As per witnesses at the cemetery in the Williams case, SC came back to move William's car about 15 to 60 minutes after he drove off with Williams in his patrol car. That time lapse allowed SC to go as far as 20-25 miles to dispose of the body. If you take a look at the area in Google Earth (specially if you use historical images from 2005) you'll see how big and wild was the area NE of Immokalee Rd. There were way too many places to dispose of a body within 10-20 miles NE from where Williams and Santos where last seen, and the area is crowded with alligators and other fauna and very difficult to search.

I hope the families could find answers and end this nightmare sooner rather than later.

It seems obvious he didn't take him far, since coming back to the car within an hour to tow it. White supremacy is found all over Florida and I don't think the killer did this in a vacuum. I get a sense there's an organized group that he was a part of, that has been providing protection and support for the murderous cop.

Floridian here, though I am from a different area (Tampa Bay, incase anyone was wondering) than where the incidents took place. I agree with you: there is so much circumstantial evidence, so many odd "coincidences", lies, and mishandling of this case to make it extremely obvious, at least to me, that this deputy had something to do with the disappearance and very possible foul play of these two men. JMHO: as much as I like to believe that we as a state have come far from what we used to be, I know there are still PLENTY of issues regarding race, ethnicity, class, and that "good ol’ boy" mentality going on here. In fact, if I am not mistaken, weren't Floridian law enforcement and/or people in local politics recently booted and punished for being involved with some white supremacy group, KKK or otherwise? I need to do some hunting to find an article somewhere that has the details of that.

This case bothers me so much; I feel like because of who the victims were and the involvement of someone who was in LE, this isn't being given the time and effort it deserves. It feels like this should be solvable, or, at the very least, someone could have some kind of charges lodged against them. I know Tyler Perry not only went on MSNBC to talk about this case, but also put up $100,000 to be used as reward for information leading to help solving this case – and still, it seems like there is little movement? Dedicated loved ones and supporters seem to be doing all they can to bring attention to this case and to keep it in the spotlight, which I am sure is hard work. They deserve to have answers and justice. I hope that with continued efforts to keep this case in the media, eventually SOMETHING will have to happen to help. Sending love and hope to the families.

What happened to the leads generated by the media attention that Tyler Perry brought to the case? Surely someone out there knows something. Its seems to me that law enforcement officials would rather bury their heads in the sand than admit all of their wrong doings in making such a mess of their investigation. Such a terrible shame.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back