FL - Terri Schiavo Court Case

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by alpharee, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Jules

Jules Former Member

Lili, I agree with your post and sorry to hear about your MIL's passing.

The doctors have also said Terri did not die a painful death. Hopefully she is finally at peace and ALL involved can move on.

2. deanws

deanws Former Member

Michael treated her parent's horrible. The funeral stunt was the last straw. I think this man is very crude and insensitive.:slap:

3. lisag

lisag Former Member

:clap: :clap: :clap:

4. Jules

Jules Former Member

:razz: :sick:

:innocent:

5. lisag

lisag Former Member

blah blah blah blah blah......

6. jessie harris

jessie harris New Member

I think he did the only humane thing left to do, the circus surrounding her death was despicable, she should have been allowed to cease to live with dignity, she wasn't alive, any part of her that was Terry had gone years before,

7. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

I think the way she died was inhumane. If we're gonna put people to death, we should give them a lethal injection and call it what it is (euthanasia!). Suffering for nearly 14 days without food or water doesn't sound like death with dignity. When someone's dying, they may reject food and water as part of the process. Problem is, Terri wasn't dying until nourishment was denied.

8. sandraladeda

sandraladeda Inactive

They had treated him like crap in many different ways before the funeral came up. And I don't consider it a "stunt" so much as Schiavo's desire to keep her funeral quiet and dignified. Sadly, the Schindlers would not have simply shown up quietly to mourn and pay their last respects, they would have had their entourage of activists and the media in tow. Schiavo knew this and I commend him for preventing a circus.

imho

9. vanillasky

vanillasky New Member

If someone treated my daughter the way he did, I would treat him like crap too. I'm glad the Schiavo's had the media, it certainly helped to expose this travesty.

10. Details

Details Former Member

Michael was far more tolerant of them than I would be. When someone calls me a murderer, publishes lies about me that cause me and my family to get death threats, and disrespects my spouses wishes - that is horrible treatment. They deserved no consideration from Michael, and they got far more than they deserved - he buried her where they wanted rather than where he wanted.

All along, Michael was there for her - visited far more than her parents thorughout the entire ordeal. I'm much more interested in what he has to say about all this. The Schindlers were caught in too many blatant lies and far too interested in turning Terri's life into a circus for me to care what they say.

11. Jules

Jules Former Member

I've said that all along too.

As I've also said, somewhere along the line this turned into a Michael/Schindler thing rather than all about Terri - as it should have been.

12. deanws

deanws Former Member

And watching him shack up with someone, all the while saying he had Terri's best interest at heart!?!!? Yeah, right. Yep....poor excuse for a man.

13. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Michael Schiavo is no hero. He is an opportunist in my book.He realized early on and tried to take advantage of the system. I am all for living wills but this wasn't his MO. He was not a caring person he was looking for advantage. JMO.

14. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

Once in paperback I would buy both the book by Mark Furhman and Terri's family.

15. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

One long term girlfriend...two kids...and all but $50,000 of the money the courts deemed to be used for Terri's rehab later...Yep..Poor Michael :boohoo:

16. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

Seems to me that he moved on a long time ago. How many girlfriends before the long term girlfriend and TWO KIDS?...Tells me that this guy was doing quite a bit of MOVING. He harped about being married and how he loved Terri BUT in my book living with another woman and fathering two children with her is called ADULTERY...not love... no matter how you slice it. Terri wouldn't have known he got a divorce...if he had...gosh, I wonder what was holding him back. Could it have been those big bucks for Terri's rehab that he was spending trying to get her feeding tube removed? I'll bet quite a few of those bucks lined his pockets. JMO

17. Gabby

Gabby The Gabster

Simon

I agree with you 100% Michael is a piece of horse puckey....IMO and when he is burning in HELL I hope he remembers breaking his vows ...

18. lisag

lisag Former Member

EXACTLY !!

19. mjak

mjak Active Member

This "case" bothers me. I put the word case in quotes because that is what bothers me the most. It is not a case but a family tragedy. One which we
    outsiders in my opinion have no business passing judgment on. We got to see a snapshot of what was a very very long family tragedy which this family had to struggle with. I feel I am in no way in a postion to pass any kind of judgment on Mr Schavio or Terri's parents. I am sorry the either one of them is writng a book. It would be better if they worked together to compile one huge legal documentation of what they went through so we can learn from there terrible experience. This family tragedy never belonged on display for public viewing. Poor Terri who's life was much to short then her tragedy put on display for the world to see. There is so much we can learn from this familys tragedy but that learning should come from reading legal documentation and not seeing Terri exploted on " a current affair" or in a paperback next to the Warner classics at Barnes & Noble.

mjak

20. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

I agree with you Ntegrity.