FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The orlando news reported that her car was found with both the front and passenger seats leaning forward. This would indicate to me that their were people in the back of the car that needed to get out? I think there is a whole group involved with Tracy and jennifer's disapearanc. I think O. George was 1 of them and the group turned on him.

Maybe this means that she and he were back there fooling around in the back seat at some point or maybe this is where he attacked her. Maybe as soon as they parked near his home he got her in the back seat and things got ugly.

*snipped*

This is the reason I keep iterating the question 'bout anyone local being a Verizon customer.

Depending on the model phone, you can actually obtain the CID# that services a geographical area by setting your phone to display this information and driving through the area of interest (e.g. JVH's house, location where the car was abandoned) as well as establishing where the CID#'s change - that is where the antenna handoffs and tower handoffs occur.

FaceValue this is one of those things that might fit the job description you mentioned, IYKWIM.

By establishing where the CID boundaries are we can determine, for example, if the car & the house are indeed serviced by the same antenna and are therefore indistinguishable by ping data.

That doesn't take us very far...but...it is something that can be done.

Sorry Bond But verizon don't have cid #'s They have someting called NID and its set up differently. As far as i have read this week I can't find out if as well as how to get a direction from a verizon cell tower. Nor can i find where they are. I wish it were AT T or Tmobile I would have it mapped by now. I know some of the LG phones can display some of this info but i think the numbers may pertain to a group of towers. The group of towers are refered to as a network hence NID = Network ID. So the phone is actually connected to more than 1 tower at the same time. So i guess the NID does refer to an area , just going to be difficult to find out where it is or its boundries.

So that is best way i can explain someting i truly don't understand yet, but i have and still am working on it...an it aint lookin easy.

I am local and I have Verizon!! Is there something I can do to help? Someone will need to explain to me the whole tower thing and what I would need to do.

I'm new to this site (and websleuthing) and I've never posted but have been following this since I first heard of her disappearance. It hasn't had as much time in the local media which is disappointing but I can only assume LE knows more than they're letting on therefore the lack of coverage (I hope this is the case).

I am only slightly older than TO and this and the JK case touble me. I consider myself careful and aware of my surroundings...moreso the older I get...but I have left for work related travel early in the AM, gone to the gym at 5am and come home (VERY) late when I was living by myself. Not necessarily the best decisons which is probably why I take TO and JK so personally.

I've lived here since coming to UCF in 95 and considered this "small town" and very safe having come from Ft. Lauderdale. Not so much anymore. Maybe I'm just paying more attention with age, but we seem to be having more and more issues with crime lately. My friend is a rep for a large security company and let's just say business has never been better for her. The biggest boom being security cameras. LE must know when and where he was buying beer and they're not releasing it for a reason. It will be interesting to see the info when it comes out.

Anyhow, please let me know what I can do to help (like I mentioned, I have Verizon). I'm in downtown Orlando which is only a quick toll road away from Ocoee and the Taproom.

I will also be contacting TES to see what I can do with the ongoing local effort.

I hope this posts...

So here is my theory. Jimmy Hataway is not the only person involved in this crime. The car was found with both drive seat and passenger seat leaning forward. This tells me there were people in the back seat that needed to get out. I know this is far fetched and I have nothing to base it on really, but I think the group was kidnapping women and holding them in a secret underground place. I believe I read that Jimmy hataway was found to be into the dark arts and those people are usually connected to other’s like themselves. I think they plan these attacks. I think they kidnapped Jennifer also thus the morning abduction. Perhaps they are keeping the girls in a secret place and are using then in their world of dark arts. I think Chris George wanted out, or found out more than he liked and the group killed him. I think this why they can’t find a body. O.K. that was a lot of “I thinks”, but there you go.

I hat to play devils's advocate, but I can think of another reason why both the driver and passenger side seats would be up. Perhaps he took here somewhere - did his evil deed outside of the car. He opens the car, gets her into the backseat, but when he goes to get her out (she is not longer alive at that point) he has to put both seats up in order to handle her lifeless body. That thought occurred to me. just an alternative idea

I hat to play devils's advocate, but I can think of another reason why both the driver and passenger side seats would be up. Perhaps he took here somewhere - did his evil deed outside of the car. He opens the car, gets her into the backseat, but when he goes to get her out (she is not longer alive at that point) he has to put both seats up in order to handle her lifeless body. That thought occurred to me. just an alternative idea

Maybe it was done to throw off LE. I have seen cases where they say the victim couldnot have been driving because the seat was to far back. So maybe he put both of them up to throw off LE. I was also thinking maybe he had to get something from the back seat when getting out like a shovel, but both seats being up would mean he got something out of both sides opening both doors(less likely in my opinion).

Snipped: This area is close to my house ..

Not trying to single anyone out but I have seen I think three people post that they live close to one area or another where something was found or where they are searching - PLEASE be careful posting this stuff. Bad guys read here too!! :blowkiss:

*snipped*

:) :waitasec: I think I need to clarify something, FV.

weatherunderground is a website (think weather.com) from which you can obtain historical meteorological data.

Sounds like you maybe mixing the reference to that website in my post w/ warbuckle's dungeon thought. :waitasec:

Point of providing the meteorological data is to consider what kind of conditions the perp might've been dealing with...

For example:
  • Unlikely perp would be active after civil twilight (6AM) since he'd be seen...that tightens things up from 08:30AM a bit, FWIW
  • Saturated soil conditions would make slogging off somewhere more difficult than under dry conditions...doesn't stop someone intent on it...might just slow'em down and get'em muddy enough for someone else to notice, FWIW
  • Seems like muddy conditions might've preserved some footprints @ the abandoned car location...anyone know if this was just grass, gravel, or what?
  • Little moonlight would be helpful in general for the perp

Just some examples FWIW.

Bond, I understood where you were coming from. But your notes made me realize that warbuck's theory wasn't very plausible because of the weather and dynamic of florida's climate and landscape.... but I have to tell you, your condition notes above was a huge help in my ride today....seperate post to follow. Yes!

I wonder if Hataway has any grandparents that live around the area? maybe on lots of land?

they leave the bar around 2am, then the outgoing call is 4:30am that's 2hrs and 30 minutes. He lives pretty close. 2.5 hrs is a long time. there has to be more pings than this one tower.

He seems to attack people who (trying to be nice here) are a little on the wild side. Like they wouldn't be missed or would not be believed do to maybe drugs. Maybe going after Tracy was his one mistake. She's pretty(gets media) and her family cares.
I think he is very smart and may have made the mistake that will bust his past wide open.

They are going to talk about Tracy's on JVM tonight. It's on right now still on the haylee case though.

Parents on JVM

dad says: Dad wants people to look at the car, and come forward if they know anything. Thinks someone has seen JH driving the yellow car between 2 and 8am?

New website

www.tracyocasio.com has pics and videos.

Dad says: He drove to location of where car was dropped off at says it's dark and Tracy would not have walk away from there.

Basically that's it on JVM

www.tracyocasio.com

on the family updates found this:

However, it’s not over, this past week the Ocoee police assigned Tracy’s case to a Detective as his only case given her case a more prominent outlook. In addition a warrant was issued for computers from Hataways father’s house including books and magazines that could help detectives get a better outlook as to where to go from here...We pray for a miracle but want her back good or bad.

So, as promised, I went on my tour of the areas I have theorized about. And after the ride around, I really think I'm on to something. I'm going to add additional thoughts here, but I definitely need help with the plausibleness of this - I'm definitely new to this whole sleuthing thing, and I'm sure I'm missing some important details...but that's why we are all here together. I figure the only thing I have up on SOME of us is that I have been in this general West Orange County area my whole life and am very familiar with the lay of the land. Other than that, I'm just trying to go on gut and what I might have deduced...so here goes....

I drove down Bluford, and was right in my theory about the only potential spot being the woods at the corner of Bluford and 50. Any other woodsy area is too public, too open, or is just non-existent. This makes me even more confident that he was likely to go up Maguire, considering his road is one way. When I headed up Maguire, I felt like warning bells sounded everywhere - I noticed a lot of potential spots.

- If you make a right on to maguire coming west on 50 (which would be the direction they were headed in), you will immediately come upon a series of businesses....some of which butt up to the woods. The one in particular that stood out to me was the Brighthouse building, because their parking lot view is greatly obscured by very tall bushes....so it could be fairly easy to pull in there to fool around. Not sure how lit up it is at night, as it was still daylight when I drove through.

- Go a little bit further to where the road Y's off, and the railroad tracks run through and I noticed something important - the tracks are flooded in most of the areas, and both sides of the rail road tracks have a little river running by them...so you'd have to cross that or go up the railroad tracks to get to the woods. Not likely. We haven't had too much rain recently, and if I remember correctly, we were being bombarded with rain during that time...IOW, if it is flooded now, imagine how much more flooded it would have been on that night.

- To the left just past that Y is a industrial park. I believe there's a cut through that leads out to another road, but it's hardly travelled to my knowledge. I didn't go down the road because I was focused elsewhere, but at quick glance I could see that the road heads right up along side woods....so another quiet place they may have pulled off.

- On the corner of Franklin and Ocoee-Apopka/Maguire is a series of abandoned businesses, in varying stages of decay. I would imagine there's all sorts of homeless, drug use, etc going on in there and I have never seen cars in or on those lots for a long long time...so no one coming in or out of there. However, may be a sore thumb if there was a yellow car sitting there. These do however, also butt up to some woods. Hard to tell without trespassing if there is some hidden driveways, etc. This area also butts up to Little Mexico like I mentioned before.

- There's road construction on Ocoee-Apopka/Maguire and in some areas, the sides have been greatly cut away. So a vehicle like TO's would have a hard time crossing it without getting stuck. Something to think about if they are headed into the woods, etc.

- Another thought about TO's car...it sits close to the ground, so driving into any area that has a risk of being marshy in the rain, or is exceptionally overgrown would be near impossible. Hence, the thought that it would likely have to be something pretty hard packed that they rode back on.

- The wooded area to the left near Woodland (?) Nursery was a bit overgrown, easy to hide when you get a little ways back, and had the sign of tire tracks, as though vehicles ocassionally go back there. Wasn't highly trafficked because while it was clear vehicles had been back there, it wasn't packed down. Tracks were wide enough to be car or truck tracks.

- There's a ballfield on the right with a large open field attached to it. When I drove past there today, my first thought was of marshy grass, but then I noticed a pick-up parked back in that area. The pick-up wasn't much higher off the ground than TO's Colbalt, so this area is a possibility. As well, there is a dirt path that I noticed the second time by that. It's a big field and a long ways from the woods, but if the pathway was firm, they could have gotten away from Maguire/Ocoee-Apopka quickly without anyone really noticing.

- Just past that on the left there's a wooded orange grove area and an overgrown roadway headed deep back into some woods. It's still well packed down from what I can tell (look like there might be a house deep in there), but it is very overgrown around the outside, so a car going down that road wouldn't be easily detected. Another potential area.

- This made my internal radar go crazy!!! - just past that grove, on the right hand side of the road is another grove, which is fenced in. But there's a little revene (sp?) running through there that was deep enough that driving by I couldn't see the bottom and there was about 6 BUZZARDS stationed right there. They weren't picking at anything, but they were protective of the area. I drove past it twice within 10 minutes and they were all still there.....couldn't bring myself to look, but like I said...that made my radar go crazy!!!

- I turned down Fuller's Cross headed toward Clarcona-Ocoee....the only woods that would be a possibility anywhere right in that vicinity are all fenced. They wouldn't be able to get a car back there, and he's not likely to have tried to drag her body through barbwire....so I feel as though we can nix those areas as well. The other direction on Fuller's Cross is much more heavily trafficked and there's a lot of houses, so not likely an area.

Here's my final thoughts on why I really feel confident on my theory...
I've read through every posting in this thread and kept a mental note of everything that was posted, suggested, etc. I looked at the maps, made note of the roads, but was having a hard time following where we were talking about - got a general concept of the area, but I don't do well with maps (it's kinda embarrassing, but they get me really turned around...lol). So, after getting frustrated trying to read the maps, not remembering which road was named what (I know them, but I don't know a lot of them by name), I finally decided to just think about what I would do if I was him, in his shoes. So I thought....if I was leaving the tap room and lived in that general area, how would I get home. And I determined I'd take 50 or Old Winter Garden to Bluford or Maguire....and that's where the theory started to take ahold. It wasn't until I was driving it today that I truly realized where all these landmarks were, and that these were a lot of the places that had been suggested by you guys all along. So I think we are on to something pretty major here, and now we just need to take it a few steps further to narrow it down!!

Great idea to stop into that 7-11 - I think I'll do that tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get any response. Might try the ABC as well....it can never hurt to have some liquor on hand. :)

P.S. - Bond, I agree. Gotta lay off the coffee. lol

-

Sorry Bond But verizon don't have cid #'s They have someting called NID and its set up differently. As far as i have read this week I can't find out if as well as how to get a direction from a verizon cell tower. Nor can i find where they are. I wish it were AT T or Tmobile I would have it mapped by now. I know some of the LG phones can display some of this info but i think the numbers may pertain to a group of towers. The group of towers are refered to as a network hence NID = Network ID. So the phone is actually connected to more than 1 tower at the same time. So i guess the NID does refer to an area , just going to be difficult to find out where it is or its boundries.

So that is best way i can explain someting i truly don't understand yet, but i have and still am working on it...an it aint lookin easy.

Thanks, BL. Appreciate the update. :)

I am local and I have Verizon!! Is there something I can do to help? Someone will need to explain to me the whole tower thing and what I would need to do.

I'm new to this site (and websleuthing) and I've never posted but have been following this since I first heard of her disappearance. It hasn't had as much time in the local media which is disappointing but I can only assume LE knows more than they're letting on therefore the lack of coverage (I hope this is the case).

I am only slightly older than TO and this and the JK case touble me. I consider myself careful and aware of my surroundings...moreso the older I get...but I have left for work related travel early in the AM, gone to the gym at 5am and come home (VERY) late when I was living by myself. Not necessarily the best decisons which is probably why I take TO and JK so personally.

I've lived here since coming to UCF in 95 and considered this "small town" and very safe having come from Ft. Lauderdale. Not so much anymore. Maybe I'm just paying more attention with age, but we seem to be having more and more issues with crime lately. My friend is a rep for a large security company and let's just say business has never been better for her. The biggest boom being security cameras. LE must know when and where he was buying beer and they're not releasing it for a reason. It will be interesting to see the info when it comes out.

Anyhow, please let me know what I can do to help (like I mentioned, I have Verizon). I'm in downtown Orlando which is only a quick toll road away from Ocoee and the Taproom.

I will also be contacting TES to see what I can do with the ongoing local effort.

I hope this posts...

Welcome! Jeno. Glad you're here. :)

Looks like we've got a little work ahead of us to figure out Verizon cell info (vs. AT&T). BreathLife may have some questions for you. He was a big help in the Caylee Anthony case at making sure we had the AT&T cell info correctly mapped out. Hoping we can get a similar break here.

Great idea to stop into that 7-11 - I think I'll do that tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get any response. Might try the ABC as well....it can never hurt to have some liquor on hand. :)

P.S. - Bond, I agree. Gotta lay off the coffee. lol
*nearly broke my snipping tool* ;)

FV...I admire your energy. Thanks for taking the time to share the info. I'll echo what Cocoamom advised earlier...adding maybe a bit more to it...and not pickin' on anyone either...:blowkiss:

Consider what someone that was capable of the kinda crime we're talking about here would do in order not to be caught? Now consider what you are doing is effectively trying to catch them (via finding info & evidence).

So... :hand: never, ever, never...:nono:...telegraph that you're gonna do something or go somewhere specifically. Never give info that would make you identifiable, etc. Your safety is paramount. OK? OK! :thumb:

Now...FV...'bout the liquor run... :martini:...

LE isn't giving out info like with casey. is it because while he's arrested, its not for tracy's murder...at least not yet? i'm thinking that's the case.

Just a quick note here. It is my understanding that she was not carrying a purse but only a wallet. Didn't see a purse in the video. Didn't see her phone in her hand either - or keys for that matter - only saw a cigarette.

IMO, if I was once again young (sigh), and was having fun at a bar, I would be shoving my small cell phone in my pocket....

Just opening a door here...

Also, could it be that her best friend is so terribly shook up not only because she saw TO leave with him from the bar but because she dialed her best friend that night either on purpose or by accident?

Face Value, I would love it if you could describe that truck you saw - even if only in color - pretty please?

One more thing - I personally think it would be difficult for JH to convince her to let others in the car - esp. if she knew who they were. If dad thinks she wouldn't get out of her car in a dark place like where the car was found, maybe she would be cautious enough not to allow others - willingly - into her car.

Can't figure out why a single person would need to put BOTH seats forward though - seems if others would be in the back there would be multiple prints. Single person trying to get an unconscious person out wouldn't go around to both sides would he? Looking for something sounds most plausible to me. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks