Identified! FL - Trenton, Female UP 9062, 30-50, in abandoned van, Feb'11 - Name not found

https://identifyus.org/cases/9062

NamUs UP Case Number: 9062
ME/C Case Number: ME11-89
Gilchrist County, Florida
30 to 50 Year Old Female

7th cervical vertibra, 12 thoracic and 5 lumbar vertebrae, sacrum, coccyx, 12 right and 12 left ribs, right and left clavicle, right and left scapula, right and left os coxa, manubrium, sternal body and numerous fragments.
The remains were located in a planters pot located in the back a a minivan that had been towed to the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Department impound lot.

Some crucial identifying info is missing. No ethnicity, no height or weight, no particular skeletal findings, skull and teeth were not recovered, DNA tests aren't complete, obviously no fingerprints...

Estimated year of death is 2000 to 2011, PMI 11 years.

I see that Namus does not list any clothes found with the bones but it does say newspapers were found. So why can't they pinpoint a date off of them?

Just a guess but I think the newspapers were from 2000 and that's why they're saying post mortem interval is 11 years. But it's possible someone could have put old newspapers with her remains or they could have been there before the remains were put there.

I wonder how the skull got to be missing. Was she dismembered or were her remains somewhere else while they decomposed, or did someone take the skull from the van sometime before the body was reported?

This case is crazy, why no info on the van and who owned it? They had a plate, and it was registered to someone. I am missing something here. The property owners just let this van sit for 6 years then instead of it being towed out when they moved, they just moved it to an neighbors yard? How did it get to FL? What about the kids and who was the mother? The neighbors must have the woman's name. I just don't get it? Another Jane Doe, put in a container and no one calls to report her missing, or a van with a body in it. :banghead:

So the best bet is, a bf, an ex, a hubby, kills wife/gf and takes off with the kids. And no one knows anything, who she was, who owned the van, nothing?

Here's the NamUs casefile for this UID. They are now saying that the partial remains were found in a "planters pot".

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9062

Female: (Race Unknown) - Various bones, Skull not recovered.
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Estimated postmortem interval: 11 Years (Est. Year of Death 2000-2011)
Circumstances: The remains were located in a planters pot located in the back a a minivan that had been towed to the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Department impound lot.
Items found with body: Various newspapers.

A planter's pot is this sort of thing:

il_570xN.406743657_725k.jpg

Here's another:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/126220818/ceramic-planter-pottery-planter-pot?ref=market

They often come in pairs -- one on either side of a door or stairway, etc.

And this once again makes me think domestic violence -- killed his wife, probably cut her up and put her in the two or more pots, abandoned her van somewhere. If you read the list of bones, what they found was basically the torso.

They'd have been pretty easy to dispose of -- they don't leak much and people might think you're odd unloading a planter pot in a dumping area, but they aren't likely to think of a body in it...

Bump! Just stumbled across this thread, and I'm surprised that this individual has not been identified yet!

This UP casefile is now offline. I guess that probably means that the decedent has been ID'd.

I'll change the flag to Identified!, and if I hear anything more otherwise, I'll change it back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back