GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
114 stab wounds - the victim may not have had any blood left in her body when she was found.

CS apparently walked straight to Aiden's bedroom after he hopped into the patrol car.

The jeans were "damp", according to the witness when CS took them from his hamper. CS rinsed and scrubbed them. When the witness was told, CS retrieved the jeans from her master bathroom and asked the witness if she could see blood on them. The witness told CS that she could be in trouble for attempting to remove the blood so CS returned the jeans back to her son's room.

The bathroom sink drain tested positive for blood.

I think the killer removed his shoes so he could rinse his jeans in the pond before CS tried to remove more of the blood from them. Something made them "damp" either water from the pond or lots of blood or both.

It is sad that she failed to inform authorities of her actions for if she had, it might imply she was simply curious but by no means was she attempting to alter evidence.

@Ray_of_hope kindly posted the link with the Grand Jury's True Bill for Aiden's arrest. It's interesting reading. Their basis was founded on three matters: Aiden's statements, video evidence and items of evidentiary value from his bedroom.
Thank you so much!

Here we go,

"First Coast News spoke with criminal defense attorney Shannon Schott about the warrant and she believes there may be some constitutional rights violations made by investigators.

The arrest warrant says Smith can be seen on in-home surveillance scrubbing blood off Fucci's jeans.

Schott says there is no mention of how police were able to retrieve or know what was on the cameras.

"It's just a matter of how did this evidence get into the possession of the state of Florida and the sheriff's office and that will become an issue that is heavily litigated."

Another point, according to Schott, the warrant reveals more about the statements Fucci made and how those statements were legally obtained.

Once in custody, she says, Fucci should have been read his Miranda Rights prior to questioning. However, the warrant doesn't make it clear if those rights were given to Fucci.

"The first question is whether or not he was in custody and if he was in custody, was he being asked questions. If those two factors exist, then he does have to be read his Miranda Rights. And, if he starts talking, those statements can only be used against him if there is a knowing or voluntary waiver of his rights," she explained."
Aiden Fucci's mother accused of tampering with evidence | firstcoastnews.com

Warrant: Aiden Fucci’s mother tried to wash blood off his jeans after Tristyn Bailey was killed

Not defending the Mom. The first reaction might be to protect your child. The whole thing is messed up. We will probably see this re-hashed as fodder for the writers on "Law and Order: SVU".

Truth is stranger than fiction.
I'm sure her first instinct was to protect her son. That she didn't mention it to investigators makes it seem as if she was trying to cover for him, knowing it was evidence that would incriminate him. She probably would have been better off admitting it from the beginning. Imo

CS and her husband purchased the 724 address on 12/30/20. I wonder if she's staying with friends because if they wanted to leave their residence, I can't imagine them staying in the same neighborhood (unless the home was ordered vacated for evidence)?
The home is owned by a company, M.T.A & C.S LLC. C.S. would stand for Crystal Smith.

Last edited:
I'm sure her first instinct was to protect her son. That she didn't mention it to investigators makes it seem as if she was trying to cover for him, knowing it was evidence that would incriminate him. She probably would have been better off admitting it from the beginning. Imo

I don't even know how I would react in a situation like that. Probably, we would have called an attorney. But, we have those resources. But, I know that we wouldn't have tried to cover it up. Or "erase" evidence.

What a mess for the families involved. I would be interested if the perpetrator had been taking any psychotropic medication, had been referred for services in the school system, had been seen by a counselor.

Right! Who has surveillance inside the home. I wonder what else the police found on the surveillance of AF when he arrived home from those very cameras
I have video inside my house as part of my home security system. I can see if an intruder is walking in my living room, etc if I’m notified of the system tripping.

I have video inside my house as part of my home security system. I can see if an intruder is walking in my living room, etc if I’m notified of the system tripping.
But not in the bathroom, surely!!?? ;)

ETA: Seriously though—- I have one internal surveillance cam currently. It’s in the children’s playroom for child safety reasons stemming from years ago. BUT when we first bought the house we had three internal cams to monitor the house. We were long distance. It was actually kind of strange. Some workers coming in at unexpected times or after their work was complete etc. Like: who is in our house??

Long story short: If the family just moved in, the surveillance system may have been inherited from previous owners or a time of transition. Just a possibility.

Last edited:
AF was home by ~4:00AM. CS is seen on surveillance at 12:55PM washing AF's jeans in a bathroom sink. This is no less than 9 hours after the murder, after AF left the murder scene. With 117 wounds, TB likely was on the ground with AF kneeling over her.

To me, I don't see how CS knew anything other than some girl TB was missing and LE wants to talk to her kid AF. CS went in his room and found jeans with 9 hours old dark stains, likely on the knees, and front. Dark stains alone do not equal blood on a boy's jeans. When she took them to the bathroom and rinsed them, ("scrubbing" is an elevated term for rubbing the cloth against itself) this is when the rinse water was bloody. She took the soggy jeans to her own room where she spoke to Witness. CS asked witness, "Do you see blood?" JMO but I hear a mom who cannot fathom what is going on. It does not look like felony evidence tampering. She did not put AF's clothes in the washer with a whole gallon of bleach, or burn them in the yard or take them away to a dumpster - she simply put them back in AF's room where LE did later find them and blood on them, and TB's blood on other items.

I am reminded of Cindy Anthony's famous 911 call about how Caylee had been missing for a month, and oh yeah, the car also smells like a dead body. Cindy's mind could not connect the information even though both pieces came out of her own mouth. Later it is possible that Cindy committed perjury in the trial testimony trying to save her daughter, but she was never charged. IMO this is the state of mind that CS may have been in, distraught, confused, in denial mother. I bet her first consideration about the blood was rape perhaps with injury, not murder. No one knew yet that TB was actually dead.

So why are prosecutors charging CS with this felony? JMO it is flimsy and persecution, and right on the heels within 48 hours of AF pleading Not Guilty to 1st degree murder. I suspect LE & SA are either trying to pressure AF with this charge against CS, or CS has flat out refused to help them investigate and prosecute her son, refusing to cooperate and testify against him. Well, they handed it to CS - she will now only plead the 5th Amendment in any proceedings against AF because they have charged her. What are they hoping criminal charges against CS will accomplish?

All JMO, another point of view, subject to change

AF was home by ~4:00AM. CS is seen on surveillance at 12:55PM washing AF's jeans in a bathroom sink. This is no less than 9 hours after the murder, after AF left the murder scene. With 117 wounds, TB likely was on the ground with AF kneeling over her.

To me, I don't see how CS knew anything other than some girl TB was missing and LE wants to talk to her kid AF. CS went in his room and found jeans with 9 hours old dark stains, likely on the knees, and front. Dark stains alone do not equal blood on a boy's jeans. When she took them to the bathroom and rinsed them, ("scrubbing" is an elevated term for rubbing the cloth against itself) this is when the rinse water was bloody. She took the soggy jeans to her own room where she spoke to Witness. CS asked witness, "Do you see blood?" JMO but I hear a mom who cannot fathom what is going on. It does not look like felony evidence tampering. She did not put AF's clothes in the washer with a whole gallon of bleach, or burn them in the yard or take them away to a dumpster - she simply put them back in AF's room where LE did later find them and blood on them, and TB's blood on other items.

I am reminded of Cindy Anthony's famous 911 call about how Caylee had been missing for a month, and oh yeah, the car also smells like a dead body. Cindy's mind could not connect the information even though both pieces came out of her own mouth. Later it is possible that Cindy committed perjury in the trial testimony trying to save her daughter, but she was never charged. IMO this is the state of mind that CS may have been in, distraught, confused, in denial mother. I bet her first consideration about the blood was rape perhaps with injury, not murder. No one knew yet that TB was actually dead.

So why are prosecutors charging CS with this felony? JMO it is flimsy and persecution, and right on the heels within 48 hours of AF pleading Not Guilty to 1st degree murder. I suspect LE & SA are either trying to pressure AF with this charge against CS, or CS has flat out refused to help them investigate and prosecute her son, refusing to cooperate and testify against him. Well, they handed it to CS - she will now only plead the 5th Amendment in any proceedings against AF because they have charged her. What are they hoping criminal charges against CS will accomplish?

What are they hoping criminal charges against CS will accomplish?

Good question.
a) it’s the right thing to do
B) there is public pressure for more arrests and the other juveniles are too well connected
C) the forensics are less than rock solid (should be TONS of blood evidence, if there isn’t that’s hard to explain. Enter mom, washing the jeans).
JMO

Last edited:

Very curious about how much blood. Significant amounts of blood have a smell.

Well put. I agree.

Some of y'all are very kind when it comes to his mamma. I don't feel the same way. At all. She had to know she was raising a fiend (IMO). This boy didn't just snap. Most killers don't start with a crime this intense especially at this age. There HAD to be signs. Mamma HAD to have seen them. When she saw proof that her fears were true she attempted to wash away the evidence. And help her son. The killer. She may have been in shock but not enough shock that kept her from her first instinct; to cover up for what she now knew was something SERIOUS. (all my opinion only but I feel it strongly)

There are a lot of signs that are only signs after the fact. She could have thought her son was on the wrong path but then she'd have moments where he was her little boy again and she'd talk herself out of her fears. I think it's exceptionally rare that someone thinks their barely teenaged child is going to stab a friend over 100 times. But something was definitely going on - why were these 13/14 year olds out at 12 am? Why was he able to walk back in the house at 4am? My 13 year old is here at dark and that's the end of the night for us.

I do have to say that I'd do anything and everything needed to protect my child from life in prison. If he were sick enough to commit murder at 14, he needs a mental hospital, not prison. I might wash the jeans but he'd als0 have been in patient before the cops even knocked on my door.

There are a lot of signs that are only signs after the fact. She could have thought her son was on the wrong path but then she'd have moments where he was her little boy again and she'd talk herself out of her fears. I think it's exceptionally rare that someone thinks their barely teenaged child is going to stab a friend over 100 times. But something was definitely going on - why were these 13/14 year olds out at 12 am? Why was he able to walk back in the house at 4am? My 13 year old is here at dark and that's the end of the night for us.

I do have to say that I'd do anything and everything needed to protect my child from life in prison. If he were sick enough to commit murder at 14, he needs a mental hospital, not prison. I might wash the jeans but he'd als0 have been in patient before the cops even knocked on my door.

I understand you wanting to protect your son, and agree there could be some mental stuff to look in to, but we are looking at a kid who bragged about wanting to kill, and did. Then took a knife and stabbed “a friend” over 100 times. That kid no longer gets the opportunity to have “the benefit of the doubt” in society. Even though you could have him admitted, at that point it’s no longer up to the parent. There had to be signs before. He was bragging to his friends. I don’t buy that he deserves any compassion whatsoever if he has zero remorse. All JMO

I understand you wanting to protect your son, and agree there could be some mental stuff to look in to, but we are looking at a kid who bragged about wanting to kill, and did. Then took a knife and stabbed “a friend” over 100 times. That kid no longer gets the opportunity to have “the benefit of the doubt” in society. Even though you could have him admitted, at that point it’s no longer up to the parent. There had to be signs before. He was bragging to his friends. I don’t buy that he deserves any compassion whatsoever if he has zero remorse. All JMO
I have zero compassion for him. But I do wonder how much her Mom really knew.

We now know what he had told his friends---but I seriously doubt his mother ever heard about what he was saying.

Kids like him can be very good at keeping their parents in the dark about their true nature.

I have zero compassion for him. But I do wonder how much her Mom really knew.

We now know what he had told his friends---but I seriously doubt his mother ever heard about what he was saying.

Kids like him can be very good at keeping their parents in the dark about their true nature.
oops, *his mom--- not her mom

I think the most likely reason Aiden's mother was charged is because there was a witness.

If this witness were to tell others what s/he saw, then it'd cast the Sheriff and his team in a negative way.

"Why is the Sheriff protecting the mother when he knows she rinsed blood from Aiden's jeans", the already emotional community may ask.

I do not think anything further will happen to her. The publicity has harmed her immensely. After Aiden's trial, I expect her charges to be dropped.

Sure, a parent will do anything to protect their kid, up to a point. But this? There was some really evil stuff going on AND that evil was unleashed on the community. Neither Aiden nor his mom are innocent, both should receive maximum penalty. Start by making them pay for their own legal services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni