GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps her parents last saw her at midnight at home and other kids last saw her later at the Amenity Center.
I grew up in Florida and it’s been a long time but at the same age, we would sneak out after our parents were sleeping, climb the fence and swim in the pool very late at night, often traveling on bicycles. If we saw car lights, we would just stay low in the water at the edge of the pool. We were never caught.
In retrospect we were lucky nothing bad ever happened to us.
Same here. We were very lucky.

I hate this. Poor girl. Why did he do it? What was the motive? They knew each other, they attended the same school, apparently they were together that night, as friends. So what happened?
Good question. There are only a few reasons that I can think of but I'm sure there are a lot more. We always want to make sense out of such horrific and inexplicable tragedies in order to understand and prevent them from happening again. But sometimes I wonder if there is just a plain evil, so impulsive and so dark, that simply won't ever make sense.

Just saw this article -- please forgive if it's a repeat.
Just now joining this thread.

Teen Accused of Killing Cheerleader Tristyn Bailey Posted Selfie About Her from Back of Squad Car
Tristyn Bailey's body was found in a remote wooded area on Sunday night, and her classmate has been charged with second-degree murder
By Steve Helling
May 11, 2021 04:08 PM

The teenage boy accused of killing 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey posted a selfie about her on Snapchat from the back of a police car.
The 14-year-old suspect — whom PEOPLE is not identifying because he is a minor — allegedly took a selfie in the back of a patrol car. He was displaying a peace sign and captioned the photo, "Hey guys has anybody seen Tristyn lately?" A sheriff's spokesperson confirms the boy in the photo is the suspect.
Tristyn was last seen shortly after midnight on Sunday in her neighborhood in St. John's County, Fla. She was found dead in a remote wooded area at about 6 p.m. by a local resident after authorities had put out a missing person alert.
Authorities have not released her cause of death or a possible motive in her killing.

More here:
Teen Accused of Killing Cheerleader Tristyn Bailey Posted Selfie About Her from Back of Squad Car

I'm guessing people were talking about a sexual assault, and that's why LE made sure to mention she was found clothed. Poor girl. Seems like Fucci is now understanding that he will be punished.

IMO her being found clothed doesn't rule sexual assault out but it might have been a case of anger at rejection although reported stab wound required something sharp so it might have been preplanned? Then that rules out angry outburst over rejection? Just speculating all MOO.

IMO her being found clothed doesn't rule sexual assault out but it might have been a case of anger at rejection although reported stab wound required something sharp so it might have been preplanned? Then that rules out angry outburst over rejection? Just speculating all MOO.
I agree, but still. The information that came out when she was found was "Tristyn was found at __ and she was clothed". Just found it interesting.

The teenage boy accused of killing 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey posted a selfie about her on Snapchat from the back of a police car.
The 14-year-old suspect — whom PEOPLE is not identifying because he is a minor — allegedly took a selfie in the back of a patrol car. He was displaying a peace sign and captioned the photo, "Hey guys has anybody seen Tristyn lately?"

I think sums up his mental health condition. So, so sad. For all the families.

Just saw this article -- please forgive if it's a repeat.
Just now joining this thread.

Tristyn Bailey's body was found in a remote wooded area on Sunday night, and her classmate has been charged with second-degree murder
By Steve Helling
May 11, 2021 04:08 PM

The 14-year-old suspect — whom PEOPLE is not identifying because he is a minor — allegedly took a selfie in the back of a patrol car. He was displaying a peace sign and captioned the photo, "Hey guys has anybody seen Tristyn lately?" A sheriff's spokesperson confirms the boy in the photo is the suspect.
Tristyn was last seen shortly after midnight on Sunday in her neighborhood in St. John's County, Fla. She was found dead in a remote wooded area at about 6 p.m. by a local resident after authorities had put out a missing person alert.
Authorities have not released her cause of death or a possible motive in her killing.

More here:

Thanks! It isn't just Aiden who posted a disgusting snap. There were several others posting the same type of snaps. So many that LE had to make a statement that they were aware and were following up on it. LE said these snappers aren't involved but I noticed they have friends in common.

Deputies investigating Tristyn Bailey case respond to ‘social media activity’

On Tuesday, the Sheriff’s Office issued a statement that reads in part:

“There are a number of accounts however that are using this case to try to gain fame and followers. Please know that these individuals had nothing to do with this incident. At this time, the below accounts have already been investigated and no longer need to be forwarded to the Sheriff’s Office.”

It then listed the following accounts:

• WD_Conner
  • WD_Tyler
  • WD.Jayson
  • ATK.Jayson
  • Wd_jayson

Tristyn Bailey case: St. Johns County Sheriff says there ‘could be forthcoming arrests’ in teen’s murder

6 P.M. UPDATE: Action News Jax’s Dani Bozzini got to speak one-on-one to St. Johns County Sheriff Robert Hardwick about the latest in the investigation into Tristyn Bailey’s murder.

Hardwick called this case cold-blooded murder and said his team of investigators are working around the clock to make sure Tristyn gets justice to bring closure to her family.

Deputies have collected possible evidence at several crime scenes, including retention ponds. They are starting to comb through those items right now.

“This case does not end with the unfortunate death of Tristyn and it doesn’t end with the arrest of our suspect. It ends when we get everything together and everything is exhausted. We have a long way to go,” Hardwick said.

(video)
Tristyn Bailey case: St. Johns County Sheriff says there ‘could be forthcoming arrests’ in teen’s murder

Thanks! It isn't just Aiden who posted a disgusting snap. There were several others posting the same type of snaps. So many that LE had to make a statement that they were aware and were following up on it. LE said these snappers aren't involved but I noticed they have friends in common.

Deputies investigating Tristyn Bailey case respond to ‘social media activity’

On Tuesday, the Sheriff’s Office issued a statement that reads in part:

“There are a number of accounts however that are using this case to try to gain fame and followers. Please know that these individuals had nothing to do with this incident. At this time, the below accounts have already been investigated and no longer need to be forwarded to the Sheriff’s Office.”

It then listed the following accounts:

• WD_Conner
  • WD_Tyler
  • WD.Jayson
  • ATK.Jayson
  • Wd_jayson
ugh, this case is horrific to begin with, and now people are trying to imply that they were involved in the crime?

Last edited:
The@Creekside_SB playing Winter Springs in Regional Semis. The girls wearing aqua ribbons in the hair to remember Tristyn Bailey.

E1JCeeGXEAM-kvE

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/1392248330026168322

TODAY: Pictures given to @ActionNewsJax
of #TristynBailey moments after winning the Spirit Award at an August Cheerleading camp.@SJMSAA
’s Cheer Commissioner snapped the photos, and reflects on Bailey’s life and legacy at 5 on CBS47/FOX30.

E1IaC-xX0AEoSyi

E1IaC-yWEAISRsO

https://twitter.com/RyanANJax/status/1392203881602498568

Agree. According to the latest timeline, the suspect had plenty of time to Re-dress her (though I am aware that is easier said than done).
According to the arrest report, he re-emerged “ a little less than two hours later”
Sheriff Rob Hardwick of St. Johns County speaks in regards to the murder investigation of Tristyen Bailey.

100 detectives working this case!

The sheriff’s office is impressing me! It is a wealthy community, top rated schools, what should be a safe place for kids to ride bikes and meet up in their neighborhood. This is awful.

6 P.M. UPDATE: Action News Jax’s Dani Bozzini got to speak one-on-one to St. Johns County Sheriff Robert Hardwick about the latest in the investigation into Tristyn Bailey’s murder.

Hardwick called this case cold-blooded murder and said his team of investigators are working around the clock to make sure Tristyn gets justice to bring closure to her family.

Deputies have collected possible evidence at several crime scenes, including retention ponds. They are starting to comb through those items right now.

“This case does not end with the unfortunate death of Tristyn and it doesn’t end with the arrest of our suspect. It ends when we get everything together and everything is exhausted. We have a long way to go,” Hardwick said.

(video)
The headline that there could be more arrests is striking. It seemed like they had been trying to downplay that possibility up until now. But with so many crime scenes... I am glad they are keeping open minded.

Truly awful, that poor girl!

He had no remorse, disgusting, I hope he will be tried as an adult after what he did on social media jmo.

I viewed this video discussing charges. The woman in the video is a defense lawyer who specializes in juvenile law. They mention possible charges for a minor, adult charges, juvenile court and rehabilitation.

"So essentially, if he is not charged as an adult, he will be out by 21." Also, "I think, based on the public outcry, it is very likely he could be looking at adult sanctions." (This is explained, discussed in the video.)

"Defense lawyers are digging through this 14 year-olds past, to learn everything they can to tell the judge, that may have led him to the weekend when investigators say he murdered 13 year-old, Tristyn Bailey. A girl who lived in the same neighborhood and went to the same school."
(Further discussion in video)

985.565 Sentencing powers; procedures; alternatives for juveniles prosecuted as adults

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Same here. We were very lucky.
Respectfully: No. Most people would never kill someone. We were normal. This poor girl was very UNlucky.

I almost guarantee you that when we all snuck out it was in seemingly MUCH more dangerous scenarios than this very well to do gated community with 9 and 10 star public schools, mini mansions galore, two pool clubs and planned cul de sacs. It seems her parents worked very hard to provide a very exceptional lifestyle for her ... a very exceptional community. And still this happened. It’s like a lightning strike.

But as much as we do not want to reward the suspect with attention, my interest is much more in: what created this lightning. That seems like an important question for prevention. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member