GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JXC4VRQVIFG5DF7G2YPCJ3CS5I.JPG
https://cmg-cmg-tv-10050-prod.cdn.a...ishing.com/cmg/JXC4VRQVIFG5DF7G2YPCJ3CS5I.JPG
JXC4VRQVIFG5DF7G2YPCJ3CS5I.JPG

If mom remarried, do they take into account their joint status or would they only take into account the bio mom and dad's status?

FL generally recognizes 2 legal parents. Steps do not have legal rights nor pay child support if divorce occurs either. Step is not a legal parent unless they adopt the said child(ren).

Who, besides the parents, would want to pay for it? He is accused of murdering a 13-year-old girl.
If dad doesn't qualify as indigent then I suspect that means he will be ordered to pay so unless they choose another attorney, I don't know why they just didn't stick with the one they had. Unless the attorney hired has to withdraw first to determine indigent status as procedure. Or Mr Sober was assigned counsel? I guess it will play out in the media and we will eventually figure it out.

If dad doesn't qualify as indigent then I suspect that means he will be ordered to pay so unless they choose another attorney, I don't know why they just didn't stick with the one they had. Unless the attorney hired has to withdraw first to determine indigent status as procedure. Or Mr Sober was assigned counsel? I guess it will play out in the media and we will eventually figure it out.
He may not qualify as indigent now, but he might suspect he will if he keeps paying the bill. Yikes.

Don't some lawyers do pro bono at times? Maybe Mr. Snober was assigned as part of a firm's pro bono hours? Then who knows what happened next.

Oh wow I didn’t think of that. Wonder if this was done on purpose to force the dad to pay?

FWIW, the school they both attended:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2886815/aiden-fucci-tristyn-bailey-patriot-oaks-academy/

Aiden Fucci and Tristyn Bailey both attended Patriot Oaks Academy in St Johns County.

Patriot Oaks Academy runs from kindergarten to eighth grade and serves about 1,500 students.

According to its website, the school contains a community that "fosters character development, independence and a lifelong love of learning."

The school was one of two new ones to open in 2014 in St John's County. Valley Ridge Academy also launched the same year.

Patriot Oaks Academy in St Johns County.

Patriot Oaks Academy – Building a Tradition of Excellence, Together

The school seems really crowded with 1500 students in K-8. Imagine the bus schedule. o_O

I was looking for a calendar to see when they had distance learning. It appears the school holding normal class hours now.
There is nothing on the school website about academics. There is a one sentence motto about its mission. Nothing else. What is the "lifelong learning" they're "fostering"? How do they meet those goals? What do they do all day? What makes the school special? What are they proud of? What kind of student body does it have? What efforts does it make to integrate kids of all faiths, rich, poor, unusual, conventional, brilliant, struggling. Does this have a bearing on "character development"?
There are many items about what parents get to pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500