Found Deceased FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, St Johns County, 9 May 2021 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by fraudqueen, May 9, 2021.

1. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

misgrn, HayLouise, DeDee and 9 others like this.

2. WhatDidYouDo

WhatDidYouDo Well-Known Member

I would fathom a guess that maybe someone thought they'd be paying for one or two appearances because they thought the child was innocent and now have a totally different perspective.

Tragicmouse, misgrn, LoveyG and 17 others like this.
  3. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

I didn't see this article posted. I apologize if repeat.

New details into Tristyn Bailey’s murder investigation in one-on-one with SJC Sheriff Hardwick

He also said they wouldn’t be at this stage of the investigation if it wasn’t for the community’s help.

“This case was solved because of involvement in the partnership between the media, our community, and the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office. Otherwise, I think we’d be looking for Tristyn still today,” Sheriff Hardwick said.

MsBetsy, misgrn, StarEyes and 8 others like this.
  4. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

misgrn, cass523, HayLouise and 8 others like this.
  5. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

The article mentions a dive team that finished its search. I thought TB was found by the pond. Was she actually in the pond? Or maybe they were just looking for more evidence?

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    MsBetsy, StarEyes, MaryG12 and 3 others like this.
  6. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

Just an assumption on my part, but I think they were looking for additional items (murder weapon(s), clothing, cell phones)?

Here is the article where I drew my conclusion from:

Investigating Tristyn Bailey’s murder, Sheriff says “Our investigators are not done”

Hardwick joined Jacksonville’s Morning News Tuesday and said that the Sheriff’s Office will continue their search in the retention ponds in the area surrounding where Bailey’s body was found.

MsBetsy, misgrn, StarEyes and 12 others like this.
  7. wyome

wyome Well-Known Member

All BS speak for "getting by".

No schools ever talk about academics anymore. That's what's REALLY scary. They'd rather categorize you into whether you can play a sport or not. If you can't, you're ignored. Even if you pay for private school, it's the same. Private schools get no money or street cred unless they get their sports on.

Ray_of_hope, StarEyes, DeDee and 8 others like this.
  8. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

I’ll pose this as a theory: the lawyer was a connection they already had, an existing relationship. In a panic, they asked him in for the initial hearing. But it was not a long term plan.

I can 100% see how this would happen. Pull in the lawyer in the family in a jam and they agree but they cannot do a whole murder trial for free.

MsBetsy, misgrn, LoveyG and 21 others like this.
  9. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

How is that relevant to a murder case? They were students at the school, the crime didn’t happen at the school.

10. BuckeyeGal

BuckeyeGal Well-Known Member

That is definitely the impression I got while watching the detention hearing. When Mr. Snobar hadn't joined the teleconference yet, Aiden's mom told his dad to get Andy on the phone.
    It is also possible that the atty does not feel that he is qualified/the most appropriate person to handle this case past the initial stages.

misgrn, LoveyG, Ray_of_hope and 13 others like this.
  11. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood Well-Known Member

I’m curious, if a an offender is deemed a child are there any consequences for the parents or care givers?

12. BuckeyeGal

BuckeyeGal Well-Known Member

IME, the only consequence is being required to pay for a portion of the costs of detention.

misgrn, Marg from Oz, DeDee and 5 others like this.
  13. ELLEbennings29

ELLEbennings29 Member

Yeah those are most definitely alot of fluffy words but I live in the county and I would describe the school as having very dedicated staff and a nice place to be.

altissima, StarEyes, kimpage and 8 others like this.
  14. seasideForest

seasideForest Well-Known Member

I've just watched it now and I don't see complete indifference. He swallows/gulps. His eyes look watery at some point. Emotions flicker across his face. MOO

Some teens would undoubtedly react more. Some less. Check the Alesha MacPhail case. Apparently the 16yo/17yo? who murdered her "enjoyed" the court case, took pleasure in making things as hard as possible for little Alesha's family. The case is here on Websleuths. The murderer has now been locked away for a long time. He was deemed to be probably unfixable, though those weren't the words used. That didn't come out till the end of the trial though.

Marg from Oz, DeDee, Fidobell and 4 others like this.
  15. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

The age of reason is 8 according to Scholastic. Any emotion I saw from him at the hearing was for himself- not for Tristyn, imo.

16. seasideForest

seasideForest Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with you there, but it still shows he feels some emotions, which is different from not being able or willing to feel at all.

As to "age of reason" being 8yo, I can't imagine he didn't know he was doing something really wrong. But that still doesn't mean the public should be making decisions for the courts. In case this kid can be rehabilitated at some point, he should be offered therapy including probably emotion control, channeling rage/anger into something far less destructive than murder, taking responsibility for his own actions and undoubtedly much more. JMOO

17. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Respectfully...

From multiple crime reports I have followed I understand that perps who use knives to stab their victims..
    often get knife slices on their OWN hands as the force behind the stabbing action...
    and the (sorry) slickness of the blood/sweat, etc...
    cause the knife to slip in the perp's hand/s ...
    creating noticeable wounds on their own hands...

JMO...

18. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

I am wondering if he brought leather (or thick) gloves for his actions...

This would imply to me that:
    1.) He pre-planned the assault/premeditation...
    2.) He was aware of the potential for cutting his own hands when committing the stabbing....
    3.)He may have even already performed such assaults prior...

All... JMO...

P.S. Perhaps LE are searching for such gloves among other pieces of evidence...

19. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

It's a public school. I'm not saying that in any kind of negative way.

20. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

Only if the parents were complicit in any way, up to and including being an accomplice.