GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone accused is presumed innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law. That doesn't necessarily apply to internet discussion forums or social media or coffee klatches or anywhere else, for better or worse.

I agree. He is entitled to everything the Constitution offers him—a defense, speedy trial etc. However, there seems to be a preponderance of evidence that AF slew TB in such an outrageous manner. To be proven guilty, an accused person must go through the court system. We are not that.

Our American system of police enforcement also does not decide guilt or innocence, but their duty is to act upon the evidence when a crime is committed.

For us as spectators, it’s easier for us to make judgments than it was for our forebears. They did not have the benefit of video surveillance and all the other things available to LE now, such as DNA. If I recall, Aaron Burr did not stand trial for killing Hamilton, because their seconds turned their backs at the duel, since dueling was illegal in NJ and they wanted plausible deniability. Even though it was blatantly obvious what had happened, there was no proof of the particulars. Imagine if there were surveillance then, or with Jack the Ripper, or anyone from the past.

IMO, AF is guilty as sin, should continue to be tried as an adult, and serve LWOP. If I were a juror I would in fact pay attention to any exculpatory evidence, but I don’t think any exists.

JMO

'Our American system of police enforcement also does not decide guilt or innocence, but their duty is to act upon the evidence when a crime is committed.'
With respect, so does just about every other country on earth, especially the western countries.

If on the jury panel for CS altering evidence and shown the video of her actions in regards to AFs jeans, it's doubtful I could be convinced she was rinsing, rubbing or scrubbing Grass Stains!

The research is still being done on personality disorders, the genetic component and the environmental, including parenting styles passed down in families.
There seems to be some evidence that the kind of mental disorder associated with the lack of empathy and self control that results in this type of crime often has a connection to the mental health of one or both parents.
Ideally, the entire family would have therapy long before someone is dead, but there is also evidence this type of personality can develop a pattern to charm the people closest to them after an outburst or psychotic break, and they all go on pretending everything is okay and progress is being made, until the next incident.
They say 1.2% of the population is psychopathic but make up 30% of the people in prison.

I appreciate your perspective. I fall back on all people have the possibility of redemption. Especially kids.

I understand you wanting to protect your son, and agree there could be some mental stuff to look in to, but we are looking at a kid who bragged about wanting to kill, and did. Then took a knife and stabbed “a friend” over 100 times. That kid no longer gets the opportunity to have “the benefit of the doubt” in society. Even though you could have him admitted, at that point it’s no longer up to the parent. There had to be signs before. He was bragging to his friends. I don’t buy that he deserves any compassion whatsoever if he has zero remorse. All JMO

It's so interesting how two people can be looking at the same thing and see something totally different. I definitely saw a sick smug kid in the cop car but when he was on video for court for the first time, I saw a child who teared up when he saw his mom in her little box. Also saw a kid who had a reckoning for a moment then pulled it back real quick. I think we're going to find out that this kid has been through the ringer himself. Still no excuse but probably part of the reason he lashed out so viciously.

Respectfully snipped by me...

This is all MOO

I got chills watching Aiden get taken away with LE and his blatant posturing. I got chills watching him at his first virtual court appearance. These were not good chills.

I appreciate your perspective. I fall back on all people have the possibility of redemption. Especially kids.
I guess I’m too jaded to believe all can be redeemed in a “societal sense”. I love my children dearly, but if they were capable of killing, just to kill someone, I would never want them free again. I would never want them to have the opportunity to take an innocent life. I would still love them, write to them, put money or their books, and take their calls. They still have value in that sense , but I just don’t see anyone, even a child, coming back from that. JMO!

"He was said in those documents to have been wearing shorts, a light-colored hooded sweatshirt, and white shoes which contained a black Nike logo"

He was seen wearing shorts on CCTV footage
So where do the jeans come in? Was he wearing jeans and brought a change of clothes?

IKR... The video is so clear they can see the Nike logo on his shoes. Video before and after the crime show him wearing shorts.

E1H9mLnWUAcN8NX

https://twitter.com/bridgetteANjax/status/1392172597547356162

IKR... The video is so clear they can see the Nike logo on his shoes. Video before and after the crime show him wearing shorts.

https://twitter.com/bridgetteANjax/status/1392172597547356162

What if...hear me out...completely speculating...he hid a pair of extra clothes in the woods? I mean that would surely show intent. Definitely an out there theory but so strange that the mom was seen scrubbing jeans when you can clearly see him wearing shorts.

And he thought it was something to laugh about when he was in the police car? That message was for others to laugh at too. This is really disturbing.

He feels heroic. “You were talking - and I did it!” This is what the phrase about Tristyn says to me.

It is a complex situation. He probably deserves to be treated as an adult because of danger to the society. He already deprived a beautiful, lovely, full of life girl of any future. His risk at reoffending is high. Is he an adult, mentally? I doubt. No less dangerous, though.

All MOO.

Last edited:
While in the Interview Room, being video and audio recorded, with his parents, they asked Aiden if anything would be on his clothes from the night before.

He advised that he was wearing blue jeans.

That's when his mother whispered the word blood.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was wearing blue jeans during the murder.

I recall in the beginning, we first heard Tristyn was wearing a cheerleading skirt but she was not. She was wearing black pants.

This is all MOO

I got chills watching Aiden get taken away with LE and his blatant posturing. I got chills watching him at his first virtual court appearance. These were not good chills.

There is something missing in this boy. He appears soulless. He’s empty. He lacks feeling. I actually wonder if he realizes how heinous this atrocity is and I don’t think he does. He really doesn’t care. He does carry an air of being proud. Hey…look at me…did you see what I did? I really thinks he finds it amusing but he’s not amused by what he did. He’s amused by the reaction he elicited as a result of his actions. That’s part of his pleasure. That’s what he’s enjoying now and for the long term. The short term pleasure was the kill. The power. The dominance amd maybe sexual release. We don’t know.

What I do know is that when you take all of this and put it together you go… OMG this is a really dangerous dude and he’s scary. Lack of feeling, lack of repentance and this bravado he emits makes him dangerous to all of us.

I will be pouring over the psych testimony when the time comes. It’s going to be very telling.

MOO

I agree. He's a very dangerous "man" in the making.

At his age and underdeveloped brain, he was probably thinking how cool he's going to look at school the next day.

Just like the college student who conspired to kill Nicole Lovell in VA (Natalie Keepers) - she was almost giddy on the police booking tapes. She was going to enjoy all that attention from police, share what she knew, and in her mind go home a hero.

I bet Aiden felt the same. What is more badass to show your friends than a picture of you in the back of a cop car? He was probably genuinely enjoying the attention, fully expecting he'd be sleeping in his bed that night.

I can't wait to learn more about his friend group and the kind of activities/extracurriculars they were into.

It's so interesting how two people can be looking at the same thing and see something totally different. I definitely saw a sick smug kid in the cop car but when he was on video for court for the first time, I saw a child who teared up when he saw his mom in her little box. Also saw a kid who had a reckoning for a moment then pulled it back real quick. I think we're going to find out that this kid has been through the ringer himself. Still no excuse but probably part of the reason he lashed out so viciously.

Respectfully snipped by me...

Yep, I saw the same thing. Cop car scene was complete bravado. But I thought the court video was more reflective of a confused/anxious teen.

Will we learn it, you think? He's so young, if he has any juvenile records would they see the light of day? Does being tried as an adult allow the juvenile records, if any, to come out into the open? Legal records or not, I hope we hear about prior behavior at the trial.

Just jumping off your post, I bet he doesn’t have a record, the cameras are there cause he’s sneaky, stealing money or what not. He does petty stuff that won’t get him into legal trouble (I had to put dead bolts on my bedroom door to keep my son out, he didn’t grow up to murder anyone he was just a pain in the *advertiser censored*), all of this is just my opinion as we really don’t know anything much about this boys life.
We see on this site time and time again young people doing horrifically brutal things, boys and girls both. Some have rough lives, some don’t and frankly without any solid facts on hand I recall most did it “because they wanted to know what it felt like”. There are so many different factors that can mould a person, we need to find out what is triggering this response in our children. It’s easy to just say someone is evil lock them up and be done with it but this is a huge problem that seems to be occurring more and more often, we need to find the common denominators and understand more to try and end the rage and violence our children are displaying.
The sad truth is a choice was made and repercussions follow, he’s learning this lesson the hard way. Sorry for the long rant, my heart hurts for both families.
All just my opinion

MOD REMINDER:

The ONLY individuals who may be sleuthed (posting links/documents/prior history/social media) are those who have been CHARGED IN THIS CASE or those who have been named by LE as SUSPECTS or POIs IN THIS CASE.

Dozens of posts have been removed because they back-linked to an original post that was a violation of TOS by posting a document/link involving a person who has not been charged or named as a suspect/POI in this case. That is frustrating for members and mods. Please be sure to report violations of TOS so that we can avoid it in the future.

Thank you for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆