GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I viewed this video discussing charges. The woman in the video is a defense lawyer who specializes in juvenile law. They mention possible charges for a minor, adult charges, juvenile court and rehabilitation.

"So essentially, if he is not charged as an adult, he will be out by 21." Also, "I think, based on the public outcry, it is very likely he could be looking at adult sanctions." (This is explained, discussed in the video.)

"Defense lawyers are digging through this 14 year-olds past, to learn everything they can to tell the judge, that may have led him to the weekend when investigators say he murdered 13 year-old, Tristyn Bailey. A girl who lived in the same neighborhood and went to the same school."
(Further discussion in video)

985.565 Sentencing powers; procedures; alternatives for juveniles prosecuted as adults

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Thanks much, @cass523, for the state Statute citing. It is the Florida law is structured and how the Court will have to operate.

Same here -- I don't understand what that means. Did I miss something?
Me neither. Someone posted a screenshot of a map upthread of 5 crime scenes. But I didn’t find the video at the link. Reporters on Twitter suggest we are up to at least six crime scenes. But I don’t know what that means either. I think they are including the suspects home and places/ponds where the suspect allegedly discarded evidence as crime scenes even though the victim may not have been present. But I am also very uncertain.

The way the arrest report came out in the media, one could easily read that as the victim had a head injury and other injuries before even arriving in the vicinity of her final resting place off Saddlebrook Ct with the suspect. Did she receive wounds by the amenity center first and walk with head wounds to Saddlebrook with the suspect?? No idea. Maybe just underpaid local news editors were being sloppy. But that’s how it came off. JMO.

Thanks! It isn't just Aiden who posted a disgusting snap. There were several others posting the same type of snaps. So many that LE had to make a statement that they were aware and were following up on it. LE said these snappers aren't involved but I noticed they have friends in common.

Deputies investigating Tristyn Bailey case respond to ‘social media activity’

On Tuesday, the Sheriff’s Office issued a statement that reads in part:

“There are a number of accounts however that are using this case to try to gain fame and followers. Please know that these individuals had nothing to do with this incident. At this time, the below accounts have already been investigated and no longer need to be forwarded to the Sheriff’s Office.”

It then listed the following accounts:

• WD_Conner
  • WD_Tyler
  • WD.Jayson
  • ATK.Jayson
  • Wd_jayson
What in the actual bleep? These kids are joking about this and giving people the impression they were involved all to gain social media followers?? I can't.....

I’m guessing more kids are somehow involved. Maybe not in killing her, but maybe luring her into her killer, hiding things, lying, etc.
If so, why? Jealousy, a dare, for fun, etc. That makes me shiver. We all know how middle-school kids like to push the boundaries, and how their brains aren't yet sophisticated enuff to enable those kids to always make good decisions. Not at all times, of course. One minute, they think and act maturely; the next minute they are daring someone to drink a bottle of cough syrup to get high. (I know -- my son drank the cough syrup... no damage other than an quick trip to his MD, and a hit to his freedom for a few weeks.)
It's a very tuff age for kids, parents, teachers, etc.
"Aren't you tough enough?"
"I dare ya."
"You said you would (or could) do it. Show us."
"Don't let him (or her) treat you like that."

I’m guessing more kids are somehow involved. Maybe not in killing her, but maybe luring her into her killer, hiding things, lying, etc.
5 key details in the Tristyn Bailey murder investigation
“I would say the other names that have been tossed around are classified as witnesses,” Director Cole said.

The other kids who were at the Amenity Center that night telling LE who she left with after they woke up and saw the missing report may be one reason why this case was solved so quickly.
JMO, I’m only speculating.

IMO her being found clothed doesn't rule sexual assault out but it might have been a case of anger at rejection although reported stab wound required something sharp so it might have been preplanned? Then that rules out angry outburst over rejection? Just speculating all MOO.

bbm
It also rules in first degree murder...

My heart goes out to Tristyn and her family and friends. This is such a sickening and horrific situation the whole way around. I watched AF in court and all I can say is he has ripped apart 2 families. I have children myself and couldn’t bare being on either side of this. I hope whatever is happening on SM is dealt with ASAP. MOO

It’s disgusting but I’m not surprised to see attention trolls latch on to this case.
I have my doubts that there’s a gang of middle school murdering trolls roaming this gated neighborhood.
So far, it looks like one kid.
jmo
Oh I did not mean to indicate that. That sounds like a really bad horror movie lol
What was scary to me is the things people will do to get attention on SM.

MOO, but I think it likely the SAO will opt to prosecute him as an adult, once the full investigation's complete. My opinion is based on what we know so far as concerning the up close and violent nature of the murder, the attempt to conceal the crime (body left in a wooded area, evidence tossed in a retention pond, the suspect's changing stories during police interviews, as well as the suspect's alleged behavior on social media when brought in for questioning). In our juvenile courts, the maximum sentence would be rehabilitation in a juvenile facility with release at 21. I have lived in Northeast Florida for decades, and the sense of community outrage that I see/hear is very reminiscent of the mood that surrounded the Maddie Clifton case in the 1990s (no thread on Websleuths, but you'll still see it referenced a lot), where the convicted murderer was also a 14-year-old boy.

Earlier this year, the Florida Senate had considered a bill to raise the minimum age for a juvenile to be tried as an adult for a violent felony, from 14 to 15. It died in committee and lacked a companion bill in the Florida House, but the discussion yielded some metrics. "788 juveniles were direct filed in the 2019-20 fiscal year. That compares to 1,095 in 2018-19 and 2,857 in 2008-09, although the figures from those years include an unspecified number of mandatory direct file cases." (source (note this article pre-dated the bill dying in committee): Bill raises age for charging juveniles as adults)). The numbers have decreased, but this has all the markings of a case that our SAO is likely to decide to try in adult court.

Update: I made a correction to my text - it's been reported that evidence was retrieved from a retention pond, but the nature of the evidence has not been confirmed. Apologies for the error; I misread the source article.

Last edited:
It’s disgusting but I’m not surprised to see attention trolls latch on to this case.
I have my doubts that there’s a gang of middle school murdering trolls roaming this gated neighborhood.
So far, it looks like one kid.
jmo

Those Instagram accounts were trolls and not connected to this case according to LE.

Earlier tonight I posted some quotes from a very compelling interview that the local NE Florida MSM news station, WJXT/News4Jax.com, had conducted with the St Johns County Sheriff and broadcast in their 6 PM news today. Unfortunately, I posted key quotes from the broadcast interview an hour before the local news station had posted it on their website (so instead, I'd cited their call sign and the time of the news broadcast as the MSM reference). I'd inadvertently considered the local broadcast news to be a published source, similar to a broadcast press conference. My apologies.

Now the station has published a link to that interview on their web site: Sheriff on death of Tristyn Bailey: ‘This is a cold-blooded murder’
Key quotes from the sheriff in the interview (broadcast in WJXT 6 PM news broadcast, and interview at the link above):
"This is a cold-blooded murder". He discussed that she was stabbed. “That being said, I don’t wanna mention the number of times, but it is horrific. It is horrible,” Hardwick said. “And the word accident is nowhere involved in this case.”

Earlier tonight I posted some quotes from a very compelling interview that the local NE Florida MSM news station, WJXT/News4Jax.com, had conducted with the St Johns County Sheriff and broadcast in their 6 PM news today. Unfortunately, I posted key quotes from the broadcast interview an hour before the local news station had posted it on their website (so instead, I'd cited their call sign and the time of the news broadcast as the MSM reference). I'd inadvertently considered the local broadcast news to be a published source, similar to a broadcast press conference. My apologies.

Now the station has published a link to that interview on their web site: Sheriff on death of Tristyn Bailey: ‘This is a cold-blooded murder’
Key quotes from the sheriff in the interview (broadcast in WJXT 6 PM news broadcast, and interview at the link above):
"This is a cold-blooded murder". He discussed that she was stabbed. “That being said, I don’t wanna mention the number of times, but it is horrific. It is horrible,” Hardwick said. “And the word accident is nowhere involved in this case.”
And he thought it was something to laugh about when he was in the police car? That message was for others to laugh at too. This is really disturbing.

I have been horrified at the really serious and almost violent misogyny that I see posted online which seems to be getting worse. I wonder what it does to these adolescent boy's minds.
Studies show violent *advertiser censored* being readily available may have a dehumanizing effect on some people’s relationship to sex, especially when an addiction starts as a child as the brain is developing. (Edited typo)
“Most research studies indicate that most boys have been exposed to *advertiser censored* between the ages of 8 and 10 years old.
Studies also indicate that Internet *advertiser censored* presents sexual scripts supportive of aggressive and gender-stereotypic behavior”
Bridges et al., 2010
“Men are perpetrators and women are victims typically. A variety of aggressive behaviors accompanying sex are often portrayed, including choking, spanking, kicking, use of weapons, whipping, smothering, and biting”
Wright and Donnerstein

Child and Adolescent *advertiser censored* Exposure

Last edited:
Another local news channel's interview with the Sheriff investigating the murder:
"The sheriff said dive teams have scoured three retention ponds near where Bailey’s body was discovered Sunday by a resident.

'We're hoping we've collected the murder weapon, but we won't know that until forensics gets a chance to triage what we think is, of course, everything we have right now is evidence,' Hardwick said.
Sheriff: Aiden Fucci not cooperating in Tristyn Bailey case | firstcoastnews.com

Detective: Killing of Tristyn Bailey ‘probably one of the most tragic and difficult cases that we have faced’

St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office Director Howard Cole is a veteran homicide detective who’s overseeing the case

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – From the search to the discovery to the arrest, the investigation into the death of 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey is taking a toll on the community, including the investigators.

“In my 20 years of investigating homicides, this is probably one of the most tragic and difficult cases that we have faced,” St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office Director Howard Cole told News4Jax on Tuesday.

Cole is a veteran homicide detective who’s overseeing the case. It’s a team effort of 80 investigators, plus forensics, patrol and criminal analysis.

Cole said Aiden Fucci -- a 14-year-old schoolmate of Bailey’s at Patriot Oaks Academy who is charged with second-degree murder in connection with her death -- is the only suspect in the case. Cole said he does not believe other people were involved in the killing.

“I would say the other names that have been tossed around are classified as witnesses at this point,” Cole said, declining to go into whether those witnesses have been cooperative.

The chief medical examiner determined Bailey’s death was a homicide caused by “sharp force trauma by stabbing.” The details are disturbing and most are being kept confidential.

“I’m aware of several social media posts, and our investigators are reviewing those, investigating those when it’s appropriate. But I would say that’s just kids being kids at this point. It’s nothing to do with our investigation. We’re sticking to the facts and the evidence and not the noise and the chatter that occurs on social media,” Cole said. “These kids have no idea the magnitude of their words and the things they post, and it’s frankly reprehensible.”

Detective: Killing of Tristyn Bailey ‘probably one of the most tragic and difficult cases that we have faced’

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member