FL - Victor Orena for cutting son's throat, Golden Gate, 2007

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ajc2804, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ajc2804

ajc2804 New Member

GOLDEN GATE, Fla. — A man and his son were in critical condition Wednesday in Florida after the father slit the 10-year-old boy's throat and then stabbed himself in the stomach according to investigators.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288164,00.html

2. Loading...

3. 2luvmy

2luvmy RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're go

WTF is wrong with people! I hate this!

4. Nore

Nore New Member

--------------------
    I agree! it just makes me sick.The father "could face charges" if he lives,well I hope so.People are going nuts!!

5. KatK

KatK Former Member

*GROWL* :furious: A-hole wanted to hurt the woman, so harms his own kid! I hope he's locked in solitary confinement for the rest of his natural life. I don't want prison to be even a little pleasant for him. :behindbar (This is because at the moment, I don't think the death penalty is a possibility, since the boy is living, thank goodness.)

6. lizzybeth

lizzybeth New Member

It seems like this is happening every day. If he broke into the mom's house, where was the mom during the attack?

Wonder why they said if he survives he MAY be charged?

7. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

This is soooo wrong!!! I just will never understand....why hurt the children?

8. shdbepaintin

shdbepaintin New Member

I started to say "do they think this solves anything" but obviously they don't think. Dag gone this is so awful.
    How, if the boys survives, (I pray he does) does he deal with the fact that
    his father tried to kill him?
    There is no punishment harsh enough for this man.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Patsy Ramsey to the Left

Score another for Team Florida. :( :confused: :furious:

10. opme

opme New Member

Je*#* H Chr*%&.. WTF is wrong with people.. has our society gone completely out of control.. ? Honest to god what is wrong with people that the way they handle frustration anger or what ever emotion they are felling that they pick up the first lethal weapon they can find and whats worse is that they direct it towards innocents like children...
    There are no words for the horendous existence this man should have to endure.. I frankly am starting to think that we do need the eye or an eye law.. I'lll let the general population dole out the appropriate penatly for this crime.. however even that would be too good for this guy.

11. Malapoo

Malapoo New Member

The father "could face charges if he survives"? Um, huh? At the VERY LEAST this would have to be breaking & entering & assault although it should be attempted murder. So how do they come up with COULD FACE CHARGES? Oh, he broke into the house with a knife and then slipped and slit the boy's throat? It was an accident!

12. KatK

KatK Former Member

I think it was poorly phrased, maybe? Or, maybe there is doubt as to his sanity or fitness for trial if he lives? I am thinking though, that what the reporter meant when they wrote "could" was that if he lived than he'll face charges. The could being tied to "if he lives". I hope that's clear.

13. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

March 2011:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...s-throat-ep-392038284-343002332.html?d=mobile

Wow. I can't believe he denied everything and made the boy testify.
    It says police didn't bother to do fingerprint and DNA tests because it was such an open and shut case - and so the defence tried to blame some third party!

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

In March 2011 Victor Orena was found guilty by a jury in Collier County, and sentenced to 10 years for attempted 2nd degree murder and 10 years for armed burglary.

He has already been released.

Y46287.jpg

Victor Orena
    Date of birth: 11/08/1970
    5'6"
    DC number: Y46287

Victor Orena
    http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateInfo/InmateInfoMenu.asp

Hopefully no woman will be desperate enough to date him, let alone have children with him...