FL FL - Watson Island, BlkFem 790UFFL, 16-26, in Japanese Gardens, Feb'81

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Panhypopit

Panhypopit Well-Known Member

Fuuro, Bit of hope and coffeeandacig like this.

2. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

If her skull was crushed, how accurate is the sketch of her face?
    Maybe they can identify the tire and what vehicle it would have been on back then.
    Glad to see DNA was collected and fingerprints. Genetic genealogy would be helpful if possible.
    The old Miami Herald Building where her jeans and heels were found is 2+ miles from Watson Island. After the perp ran her over, he then traveled to the downtown area. That makes me think a business man who picked up a working girl. Was he angry that she was so young? A drug deal (height of the cocaine era in Miami) gone wrong?

upload_2021-2-3_18-26-0.png
    Published May 07, 2016.

Her corpse was discovered on Feb. 3, 1981, outside the small tourist park on Miami’s Watson Island. A car or truck crushed her skull, leaving a bloody tire trail in the grass. She had no purse, no ID. Police found her jeans and heels across the causeway near Overtown.

She was young, between 14 and 16 years old.

Detectives theorized the girl was a prostitute. She was black, with the ends of her hair dyed pink and arched eyebrows.

Detectives found no purse, no ID. Her “Chic” brand blue jeans and high heels were found tossed from the killer’s vehicle in the blocks near the old Miami Herald building.

“From the looks of it, there may have been a dispute in the car,” Miami homicide Sgt. Richard Napoli said at the time. “And somehow it looks like she was put of the car and run over.”

Boyd arranged to have her DNA collected, re-ran fingerprints through various law-enforcement databases, and published her photos online to pages such as the Doe Network and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article76163837.html#storylink=cpy

3. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

What a sociopath who did this to her. It sounds like sadly she won't have justice but hopefully her name back soon.

4. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Well-Known Member

@othram

One last one for the day, another child murdered around 14-16 that reminds me a bit of Compton Jane Doe, run over by a car. Not a very famous case but we're keeping it alive here.

5. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger Well-Known Member

6. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I doubt it was custom. I raised 2 daughters. The teen or juniors lingerie department of clothing stores had bins of novelty printed panties. They had all kinds of sayings on them such as this. I never let them buy the ones with the suggestive words on them. Besides, mine were so sheltered, I had to explain what some of the wording meant!

Fuuro, carbuff, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  7. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  8. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Sounds like she lived a rough life. Poor girl. Wouldn’t hurt to submit, get some attention for both cases.

9. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

How do you see the newest cases added to the Charley Project?
    She's not in NamUs yet. She needs to be. I feel for her. How tragic all that she went through; she deserves to be located, have her name back if need be.

10. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Such a sad case. This girl could have been a refugee or an undocumented immigrant, which could explain why she was never reported missing. There was a huge influx of refugees from Cuba and Haiti into the Miami area in the 1970's/early 1980's. Plus immigrants from other parts of the Caribbean.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  11. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

I always go to “Updates” on the Charley Project’s drop down menu. That’s how I see the newly listed/updated profiles.

12. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

Panhypopit likes this.