FL FL - Wendy Huggy, 16, Clearwater, 7 April 1982

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Richard, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Is there anyway you can track down Don and Donna? Do you remember where her trailer was? Perhaps the park owner or the town has records if they owned it.

2. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

I haven't seen either of them since 1983 shortly after the night out with Donna. The trailer park is no longer there. It was in palm harbor on alt 19. I think there are warehouses there now. I remember Don saying that he owned a house by curlew and 19. It could have been mine if I'd accepted his multiple proposals LOL. So as time has passed, decades, everything has changed including landscape and my opinion of cool people to hang out with.

Savemecastiel likes this.
  3. Sleuthster

I do remember that Donna and her husband where managing the trailer park for free rent. But some one owned it back then. It was a seedy looking place and she was missing her front teeth and probably in her 30's. Don was in his 30's also I would guess and tall and chunky. She was shorter then I and very thin with curly dark hair.

4. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

Was she married to Don?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Sleuthster

No. I don't even think they got along. I remember him yelling at her one night because he came to close up and we where all hanging out playing free games.

6. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

So she worked there?

7. Sleuthster

Who? Donna and Don worked there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

8. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

So Don and Donna were managers?

9. Sleuthster

Donna was the assistant Mgr I believe at the game room. She and her husband, not sure of his name, where managing the trailer park or so she said. It would be awesome if the company that bought out the company that owned aladdins castle has the old employee records. I wonder if LE ever enquired on this when I told the detective back a couple years ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

10. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

Do you remember the name of the park? What road it's off of?

11. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

Could her name possibly be Dot or Dottie?

12. Sleuthster

I would remember Dot. My moms friend was named Dot. Where did you get that name? The park was on alt 19 n of Alderman near south of the back entrance of Innisbrook.

13. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

I may have a lead on Don. The name Dottie came up as a possible name for Donna but it's nothing.

14. Tampa5678

Tampa5678 Member

Is it still there?

15. Sleuthster

No. Years later I used to take my car to a mechanic on that block and noticed it was gone and there where warehouses there now.

carbuff likes this.
  16. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Long story short, I was inspired to look around for articles about possible missing persons being in the Gulf of Mexico, and stumbled across this article from 2014. It just happens to mention Wendy, but it's also about Amy Hurst's discovery. I thought I'd post a link because it's been nearly a year since anyone has posted anything here and it could use a bump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wendy-huggy-amy-hurst-missing-could-florida-cold-cases-be-connected-2/

(apologies if this has been posted before, I searched the thread and didn't find it at first glance)

carbuff likes this.
  17. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

Bumping.

Sleuthster and neverletgo like this.
  18. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

It's hard to get through all the hearsay, different story's, conflicting information etc. For me it's still not clear where Wendy was/or wasn't during the day she went missing and at what time she made the call to her grandparents (if she spoke the truth about where she was) I think we can be almost sure she went missing somewhere between Clearwater Beach and Holiday, FL but even that is not sure. Also the post of her dad Robert Huggy (which I believe is him) about her middle name and date of birth is at least striking. Only (as far as I could find) her DOB is changed in this file, the site I think most highly of.... Have you seen this child? WENDY HUGGY and would be easy to check. I believe both her parents are diseased now, so we cant's ask there site of the story's.

Who is advocating for her on the whereiswendy site? Where are story's coming from that her mother was a drug-abuser and left Wendy with sketchy people, "biker" types of persons. Her husband, Edward "Eddie" Freeman could shed some light on there relationship if he is still around. They were married very young, but the marriage only lasted for a week or so if you consider the timeline presented.....

Has anybody found a birth record for Wendy, marriage date and is there a dissolution of the marriage online? At least that would be hard facts.

Also the story about 'Don" and Donna is intriguing. Wonder if anybody got any further information on this. Also the remark of Sleuthster about "the other one" raises my eyebrows....... Could Wendy have gone on a barhopping trip and OD-ed?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Sleuthster, Savemecastiel and Suglo like this.
  19. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Just for some reference

Attached Files:

Sleuthster and Suglo like this.
  20. Sleuthster

I once communicated to a detective on WS in regards to a unidentified case in NV we have. It was in regards to a car found a couple miles away from where the uid was found. I suggested that it could possibly have nothing to do with the uid. He said... I don't believe in coincidence.
    I don't either and I do believe that the mall and the game room had something to do with her disappearance. I also know that when I went out to the bar 2ish years later with Donna or Dawn what ever her name was, we picked up her sister at the apartment complex on the Clearwater/Largo border where Wendy stayed with a friend the night before. We then went to Downtown Clearwater to the bar on highland and gulf to bay. That's when the sister mentioned the "other one" and my friend from the game room told her to shut up about that. I was a true mall rat, I knew that mall store to store, halls behind the business because my mom worked there for a couple years and then it became my hang out place and ultimately where I worked for 2 years as a teen. I knew what was opened that late and it is where Wendy allegedly called to say she was getting a ride home at night.
    I would love to know the truth. I don't believe it was coincidence that I met Wendy a couple winter nights at the storage units listening to the garage band and remembered.

carbuff, Suglo and Bit of hope like this.