FL - William Angel, 20, killed by drunk driver, Tampa, 19 July 2012

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Kimster, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Christopher Ponce, 23, of Tampa is accused of driving drunk and going the wrong way on the interstate, causing the deadly crash. He was put under house arrest and ordered to wear a GPS monitoring ankle bracelet until trial.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says that on May 9, Ponce took the bracelet off and disappeared. He faces several charges, including DUI manslaughter.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2013/6/14/deputies_man_on_hous.html

The family is asking for help!
    http://www.findchrisponce.com/

<case submitted by Skully> :tyou:

2. Loading...

3. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Thank you Kimster for starting the thread. I sent a email to the family that we are here and willing to help them out.

4. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

This could be a tough one, he has ties to lots of areas in the Bay Area, but I see one for Grassy Creek NC on a name search on him. Never know where they will go but sometimes back to an old address or area. But he has so many ties here in FL, he probably has many more options here.

5. CuriousGrace

CuriousGrace WS Member

Thank you Skully. So Christopher went on the run over 5 weeks ago and I am only seeing reports in MSM now? Why 5 weeks later? I wonder if the Angel family have received any tips on possible sightings. Ponce's Mom surely had to have some idea he was planning this if he was living with her, and his Dad, because he cut off the bracelet at his place.

Article on the judge granting bond:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ng-fatal-crash-after-going-wrong-way-on-i-275

6. CuriousGrace

CuriousGrace WS Member

I sincerely hope he isn't doing any driving himself while he is on the run.

7. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

I don't have much luck embedding pics, so if someone could put the pic to the name it might help.

Do they have any idea if he is in a vehicle, and a description of the vehicle?

Does he have a facebook or other social media?

8. redkatrampant

redkatrampant New Member

9. deadguy

deadguy New Member

Older picture (2011)[​IMG]

Here's a paste from the family's website:

10. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

11. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Intelus search on his name pulls up the people mentioned in the website, and also where they have lived. I got Lutz, New Port Richey, Tampa, Miami, maybe Thonotosassa and Grassy Creek NC. So I think he is in the Bay Area in FL, but at some point the family lived in NC. Thanks guys, the more people looking at his face, the better chance of catching him. And there is a reward too, $1,000.

12. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

I don't understand, did the prosecutors not go back to the judge and refile to have him put in jail pending trial after they got the bac results? I hope they find this guy soon I think he is a danger to everyone if he gets access to a vehicle. jmo

13. sarah7855

sarah7855 Where is Kyron?

14. indridcold

indridcold New Member

It's OVER THEY FOUND HIM! I had an interest in this case for years...So awesome! [video=cnn;tv/2015/07/10/ponce-sot-hunt.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/europe/the-hunt-suspect-captured-christopher-ponce/index.html[/video]

15. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://www.kake.com/story/32730353/police-capture-christopher-ponce-fugitive-featured-on-the-hunt