FL - Winter Haven, BlkMale UP10197, 30-55, among debris in woods, Sep'11

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Cubby, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

WINTER HAVEN | Residents in the area sometimes pick through abandoned tires and concrete scraps in search of salvageable metal near Northwest 38th Street in Winter Haven.

But people looking for iron and copper in the illegal dump site last week found something none of them dared to disturb: a human skull.

Polk County deputies recovered the skull and the majority of a skeleton among the debris Monday afternoon. The Medical Examiner's Office is working to identify the remains.

So far, investigators have found no immediate clues from the bones or in the wooded area where residents found the skull that suggest how the person died, said Donna Wood, sheriff's spokeswoman.

Full article at link.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20110913/NEWS/110919764/1134?p=2&tc=pg

Article also mentions LE believes these remains are from a middle aged man. A size 13 boot with foot bones was also found at the location.

2. Loading...

3. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Moderator

Attached Files:

4. luxISlight

luxISlight New Member

Someone's family must be missing this guy. So sad to not be identified.

5. carbuff

carbuff There but for the grace of God go I

Is that just a bad drawing? The description doesn't mention his face being injured or deformed, but the sketch is lopsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. luxISlight

luxISlight New Member

I thought the same thing but thought I would be insulting the artist if I said that out loud but thank you for voicing my thoughts - LOL

7. carbuff

carbuff There but for the grace of God go I

No ruleouts listed on Namus.

It says no dentals or (obviously) fingerprints, and there was insufficient data for profiling, so it'd be hard to make a match anyway.