FL - Woman Powerwashes child, Orlando

Mom Who Pressure-Washed Kid Charged With Child Abuse

http://www.wesh.com/news/15528862/detail.html

The mother who was videotaped while spraying her 2 1/2-year-old daughter with a high-pressure water hose at an Orlando car wash on Feb. 24 has been arrested and charged with child abuse.

Praise God! Somebody is thinking and using their minds. We are Blessed this little girl is with us this day.

You got that right Kool Look. :blowkiss:
Thank you, I'm all for rehabilitation and visitation for the mother, but there needs to be consequences for her chosen behavior along with the other female stiff. :crazy:

Thank God, she deserves it. I am glad the grandma has the baby for now. I hope the mom learns her lesson!!

I do too imthemom. I firmly believe people can learn and receive the help this mother obviously needs in parenting, especially since another bundle is on the way.

I think calling this a 'water hose' in any way diverts attention from the fact it was a high-pressure sprayer, capable of 1500 psi or higher. These car-washes typically have sprayers capable of 2500 psi.

My father owns a pressure washer and i've used it to pressure wash my house, take the lacquer off my deck to apply newer lacquer, it takes paint off, breaks brick, cuts slices in pavement. Geez, I don't see what people are not getting here.

Since the mothers been charged, I hope this will bring this family to a place they can get help for they were obviously in a crisis mode piliferating into possible death for this little girl without intervention.

It doesn't matter how severly other children have been abused, it has no bearing on this case. period.

I'm glad the Mom is being charged, but I also want to point out that the pressure sprayer she used on the little girl is not a pressure washer - pressure washer force was not used on this child or she would have been torn up. The child was examined and had no bumps or bruises.

Again - not saying what the Mom did was anything but 100% wrong - just pointing out that it is not as dramatic as spraying a toddler with a pressure washer.

I think what the Mom did was more emotionally and mentally abusive than physically abusive. The Mom does need help and support (and new friends - ones who wouldn't let her do this sort of thing). I well recall how frustrated a two-year-old can make a grown adult. This woman needs some coping skills.

My problem is that if she feels powerwashing a 2 yr old is OK to do in public, what has this little girl gone through behind closed doors? :(

this is what has been going thru my mind since this came to light. I can't stop thinking about this lil girl. :(

I'm glad to hear that the mother has been arrested. This is horrifying for that little girl. What is wrong with people to think that this type of assault on a child is discipline. And I do believe this was an assault on this child no matter how strong the pressure washer was. This is emotional abuse, no other way to cut it. :furious:

She said she's learned from her mistake.
yet she says it was not abuse. so she learned what? oh yeah dont do it in sight of a camera.

yet she says it was not abuse. so she learned what? oh yeah dont do it in sight of a camera.

This story just makes me sooo furious..... She is a single mother who clearly cannot handle the 2 yo she has YET she is pregnant again?????

They did a segment on her on 20/20 this past Friday. Her defense was she wasn't disciplining the child at the time, but she would waffle on that point a bit. Kept saying the camera caught 5 seconds out of her life and that she is a good parent. Also tried to say the spray was just misting the child, but the program showed there was only one setting - full force. :waitasec: The myfoxorlando article also said that family is taking care of the child, the only family that seemed to be caring for the child on 20/20, IMO, was the Mom.

I saw that episode of 20/20. She disgusted me. Maybe after she has this baby (which I hope is taken away from her) she'll get a "misting".

I don't think anyone is going to buy her story. I'm sure her lawyer doesn't even buy it.

How can that cow say she is not guilty??!?!
Did she not see herself abusing her child on the video? Does she not remember doing it?

She needs her butt kicked and I pray she gets more than a year in prison.

I'm glad she is facing charges and trial. I can not imagine washing a young child, with such tender skin at a car wash! I also hope she is mandated to take parenting classes.

I wonder if the new baby has arrived yet?

Salem

She's about to give birth any second apparently..... missed court today. Myfoxorlando.com has the story but when I tried to post the link, it's a huge one that didn't look right. Anyway, it says she didn't show so the judge was going to forfeit her bond but then her attorney reported that she is too sick to come to court. Trial has been postponed, she is 9 months pregnant. There are some comments from family members in the story.

Hi all, I've been reading for a year now - finally signed up and decided to contribute. I think everyone has the same goal here: concern for the child, but varying opinions of the extent of abuse or what should be done about it. She may not have MEANT harm to the child but she certainly didn't consider the mental and possible physical repercussions of pressure washing her little girl. Someone mentioned an eye could have been put out or chemicals could have mixed in with the water. I don't think that "Oops" would take away the damage that very well could have occurred through not thinking prior to acting. I think that bringing charges against here was very appropriate, a check into her background and home life are should be done...she needs to know that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable and what the repercussions could have been. Clearly she didn't think through the physical dangers and the mental aspect of scaring the child too death didn't bother her. I don't think the consensus is to permanently remove the child and toss her in a foster home but I DO think that this should be thoroughly investigated prior to allowing this parent to resume responsibility for this child's welfare. Just my opinion!

Hi all, I've been reading for a year now - finally signed up and decided to contribute. I think everyone has the same goal here: concern for the child, but varying opinions of the extent of abuse or what should be done about it. She may not have MEANT harm to the child but she certainly didn't consider the mental and possible physical repercussions of pressure washing her little girl. Someone mentioned an eye could have been put out or chemicals could have mixed in with the water. I don't think that "Oops" would take away the damage that very well could have occurred through not thinking prior to acting. I think that bringing charges against here was very appropriate, a check into her background and home life are should be done...she needs to know that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable and what the repercussions could have been. Clearly she didn't think through the physical dangers and the mental aspect of scaring the child too death didn't bother her. I don't think the consensus is to permanently remove the child and toss her in a foster home but I DO think that this should be thoroughly investigated prior to allowing this parent to resume responsibility for this child's welfare. Just my opinion!

Great post! Welcome to WS! :Welcome-12-june::balloons:

Thanks for the welcome, Pixies! I'm glad to be part of the group, everyone seems to be so knowledgeable, often dead-on with predictions and it is pretty amazing seeing the research some of you put into finding important information to help solve many of these cases. I discovered this site while following the Gary Hilton murders, I was hooked from day one. I haven't been exposed to story after story after story after story of the same situations (such as child molestation and abuse) the way some of you have so I guess I am still going through the shock phase of being in awe that people with minds so sick exist among us. Anyway thanks for the welcome, looking forward to participating in future discussions!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back