GUILTY FL - Yana Huss, 31, brutally murdered, Port Charlotte, 25 April 2007

I have just happened upon this thread. What a very, very sad story. That poor, poor little boy. I hope and pray that the children will be placed with Yana's mother. My thoughts and prayers to this family.

I am pleased to be able to tell you that your (and mine) prayers have been answered! Yana's mother has been awarded permanent custody of BOTH children and I will be arranging an interview of her with the press tomorrow so stay tuned for that!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/10554807.html

PUNTA GORDA - A boy lost his mother to murder, even worse, the state argues 8-year-old Peter Shalin witnessed the killing. Now, the boy will testify against his step-father, Scott Huss, Tuesday.

Court documents show the boy witnessed Huss stab his mother, Yana, to death inside their Charlotte County home back in April. Reports also say, Huss then drove the boy to Huss's mother's home in Central Florida, and that it took hours for the defendant's family to notify police.

A trial date isn't set, but Peter, a Russian citizen, won't be in the country for much longer. Monday, the state said Peter will return to Russia this week to be with family. State attorney Dan Feinberg argued it would be best to get the testimony now through a closed circuit camera.

"We think he's at a point where he can talk now about what happened to him, with the least amount of trauma to him," said Feinberg.

Until the state says, he has to relive what happened inside the home.

Inside the Charlotte County Justice Center Monday afternoon, child psychologist, Dr. Robert Silver, testified, via phone, that it was too traumatic for the boy to talk about with him during their sessions together.

"In every which way he can, he's trying to avoid re-experiencing what went on," said Silver. "He's coping by suppressing, and repressing it, denying and avoiding it."

The state did not want the boy to testify in front of Huss. Both sides agreed to closed testimony, and Huss gave up his right to listen via video monitors.

"He's absolutely terrified of his step-father and seemed to worry he would get out of jail and harm him," said Silver. "It would be rather traumatic for Peter to testify in the courtroom."

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=3629

PUNTA GORDA -- Peter Shalin hooted like a chimpanzee as he climbed a bench in the fourth-floor hallway of the Charlotte County Justice Center today.

The sun peeked through a shade, providing a pleasant glow on the white tile. The 8-year-old identified the family's car in the parking lot below while he peered out the large glass window. His focus then shifted to a nearby panel used for fire equipment.

The moments leading up to Peter's courtroom entrance seemed normal, but his mind is troubled by the events of April 25.

Peter watched as his mother, 31-year-old Yana Huss, was stabbed repeatedly by her husband, Scott, at her Port Charlotte home, according to authorities.

Now, as family members prepare to return Peter to Russia, he will testify about the events for the first time.

But it won't be before his stepfather, whom he fears will get out of jail and harm him.

Circuit Judge Frank Porter will hear closed testimony from Peter at 1 p.m. Tuesday. Scott Huss, 49, has agreed to be present in person or by remote television.

Silver said Peter didn't want to discuss the incident during the meetings. In addition, he also seemed to cope by suppressing the memories or even denying it.

But Peter's fear of his stepfather was consistent.

"(Peter) remained terrified of his stepfather," Silver said. "He seemed worried he would get out of jail and hurt him."

Scott and Yana Huss had a 2-year-old daughter, Katrina, together. Peter was born in Russia during Yana's previous marriage. Kuchinskaya has been appointed the guardian of both children.

Huss signed a document terminating his parental rights at the Charlotte County Jail on Sept. 14. According to court records, Yana's murder followed a long history of domestic disputes between the pair; at the time of the homicide, Yana was trying to divorce Scott.

Silver said taking Peter's deposition in court would reduce his ability to think clearly. In fact, another witness recalled how Peter hid underneath a table when they mentioned him testifying before Scott Huss.

Following the arguments, Porter brought Peter into the courtroom. Huss had already been removed.

Porter made small talk with Peter about his favorite candy and sport. Peter looked up at the bench and spelled his favorite activity as "s-o-c-c-e-r."
:(

Thank you River for keeping us updated on this horrible tragedy.I am thrilled the grandmother got custody and these children will have a chance at a happy life.I hope young Peter will eventually be able to overcome his fears with some good therapy,and I hope Scott burns in hell.

http://www.sun-herald.com/CHNewsstory.cfm?pubdate=073107&story=ch2.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

Documents show suspect's family waited hours before calling police

Grandmother took 8-year-old to lunch, Wal-Mart before telling authorities his mother had been stabbed to death and his stepfather was planning his suicide.

Joyce Huss took her 8-year-old stepgrandson to lunch and then to Wal-Mart before alerting authorities that the boy's mother had been stabbed to death, court documents show.

Joyce is the mother of murder suspect Scott Huss, 48, who is accused of stabbing his wife, Yana, to death in front of her 8-year-old son in their Port Charlotte home.

Court records released recently show the Huss family was in no hurry to report that something terrible had happened on April 25.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You'll have to forgive me because I am so way behind and am taking my time reading this entire thread but

reading that made me soooo MAD!

I was feeling sympathy for her, like any mother of a murderer she deserved it, but not after this.

It reads like
Peter: "my mom is dead"
Gramma Huss: "Not to worry dear, we'll go have lunch and pop off to WalMart and deal with it later"

Off to continue catching up.

Sami

The news that Peter & Katrina are going to be with Elena is heartwarming.

In this link http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070503/OPINION/705030460/0/TOPICS01 is an 'opinion' stated by Renee Galloway.

I often went to lunch at their school during the beginning of the school year, and the children in my daughter's class become very close with me. Peter often confided in me regarding his situation at home. I didn't believe him or chose not to. I wish I had called officials and had them investigate, but I thought I would be wasting my time.

When it comes to domestic violence and children, time spent having someone investigate their wellbeing is never wasted.

Sami

You'll have to forgive me because I am so way behind and am taking my time reading this entire thread but

reading that made me soooo MAD!

I was feeling sympathy for her, like any mother of a murderer she deserved it, but not after this.

It reads like
Peter: "my mom is dead"
Gramma Huss: "Not to worry dear, we'll go have lunch and pop off to WalMart and deal with it later"

Off to continue catching up.

Sami

Especially considering that the child was covered in his mother's blood.

Especially considering that the child was covered in his mother's blood.

Yes :(

I have been crying through this thread and all the related news.

I am in total awe and admiration for Elena! To come to a foreign country, not forgetting a totally different language, and fight for her grandchildren is no small feat.

God speed Peter, Elena and Katrina! May you begin to heal in the comfort of each others' love and may the good memories win over the bad.

And thank you too RiverRat. :)

Sami

Yes :(

I have been crying through this thread and all the related news.

I am in total awe and admiration for Elena! To come to a foreign country, not forgetting a totally different language, and fight for her grandchildren is no small feat.

God speed Peter, Elena and Katrina! May you begin to heal in the comfort of each others' love and may the good memories win over the bad.

And thank you too RiverRat. :)

Sami

Thank you for taking the time and for caring. I have tried to help as much as possible - almost to point of exhaustion at times, but Yana's children have been more than worth my time and I will miss them with all of my heart. First tears of the day time! But as I said on another forum, Half happy tears, half happy......

Petr at a recent Parents of Murdered Children Memorial looking at the addition of his mother's name. Good-Bye, Brave Little Man......

Attachments

• petrmem.jpg
    petrmem.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 66
Roses for Mother at the Memorial........

EEE Gads I can barely take this thread, it's so sad. Thank you RiverRat for all you've done.

Why isn't Scott's mother being charged? Clearly she was enabling him to escape and did not report the muder. I hope they get her. It really pisses me off that SHE also allowed her son to hurt his wife.

What a brave boy. May the children have a good life and be continually reminded how much their mother loved them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back