BILL COSBY SENTENCED 3 TO 10 YEARS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
JOIN THE WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION

Floating Cities that could one day house climate change refugees

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Ciara, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Ciara

Ciara New Member

2. panglossian

panglossian Inactive

What about those of us with motion sickness? I couldn't even watch one of those bobbing about without dramamine or the like. A landlubber I be, no aaarrgghh for me.
    The boat access sailing from the sea into the central lake of fresh water is puzzling. While it seems recreationally idyllic, the sea water would mix with the precious fresh water and, in addition, the boats could contaminate with oil and fuel leaks. If that lake was my sole water source, I'd protect it better than with those actions.

3. Ciara

Ciara New Member

I wouldnt live on one but I liked the pics. I would definately get seasick:)

4. deanws

deanws Former Member

I want to live on one now!!! Sign me up! I think the concept is sooo cool. No cars, suspended gardens...etc. Sounds heavenly to me. :dance:

5. Ciara

Ciara New Member

Off topic deanws but I so love that picture of John? and Aubrey together on the chair.....its so sweet:)

6. Kiki

Kiki New Member

That looks so cool. And you'd have a great chance of getting home with waterviews.

7. graybar hotel

graybar hotel New Member

I was kind of thinking along the comment of Mrs. Morgan when I was reading the article. Some of the comments on articles are more interesting than the article itself.

I think these 'lily pads' are a great idea, they would make ideal 'prisons' thereby freeing up our land prisons ready to house all those young people who will be sentenced for carrying a knife/weapon.

- Mrs Sue Morgan, Dover, England, 03/7/2008 14:48

Graybar

8. Ciara

Ciara New Member

Lily Pads is a good name for them though I also thought they looked like Spaceships lol. Good idea to stick all the degenerates on them too and let them float out to sea:)