Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Feb 16, 2013.
Read and discuss the Flores investigative report here:
read report here
I am going to re-read this and make some highlighted points to discuss.
Pink Panther, no I am not sure if LE ever had her on tape discussing exactly what in the hello she was up to packing her car, etc.
I read this report and I cannot find anything about Jodi's arrest here at all??? Am I missing something?
I am reading this report, page 9, talking about blood evidence in the bathroom, some appeared to be "deluded as though water had been spilled on it".. "deluded" is used again to describe the watered down blood... I know this is just a technicality but what they meant is "diluted" I assume.. Maybe after all that JA interviewing, Flores had "delusion" on his mind.
The first telephone interview with Flores is documented in this report and she says she last talked to TA on the day she murdered him between 8:00pm-9:30pm (LIE). She also says she emailed him on 6/7/08 asking him if she could stay in his house while he was on his Cancun trip and that he never answered.. Not sure if that's a lie but either way that is SO creepy.. I am only about halfway through the report now.
At the end of the report, it states "Investigation continued." Are there any follow-up reports to which anyone could provide links? TIA.
I also noted the misspellings of words that were homophones (dawning vs. donning, knew vs. new, deluded vs. diluted.) This might mean that a dictation device was used to transcribe the report, which is common.
Great thread, nursebeeme! This is fascinating, knowing now what we know. Flores is the ULTIMATE sleuther. How he could conduct those interviews, while having so much undisclosed information in his head, is impressive.
The husband/wife involved in the anonymous tip made me wonder if she might have been the wife involved in the alledged inappropriate emails w/TA, which might not even exist since they were suggested by JA anyway. Maybe that was SH.
There are a number of similar typos in the report, and I'm not done reading it. I suspect that the form was filled out using a dictation system. That can account for the typos, whether a "human" was transcribing, or a computer making "autocorrect" mistakes.
I noticed them too, but figured even if it was him typing he's just doing it quickly to get it done (too busy finding a killer to worry about a couple mis-spellings!).
Jodi, of course, did not help herself during this investigation. Her lies were easy to find. Add Detective Flores to the picture. Toast. Burned Toast.
I found it interesting in many ways . . . .
1) roommates didn't interact with each other much at all
2) numerous people said it was Jodi from the get go
3) Lisa and TA broke up because TA needed to deal with his issues w/JA
4) Mimi told TA she didn't want a romantic relationship but it was too late to change the tickets - so they were going to go together anyway - trip was originally scheduled to get to know each other more
5) the email sent to Lisa (alleged to be from JA) was really interesting . . . . JA projecting all of her own "religiousity and shame" . . . . I just find that quite unique . . . JA lecturing Lisa about her morality.
6) the palmprint, the hair with the mixture of JA's and TA's blood, the pictures of JA on the camera in provacative poses (the day of the murder)
7) TA was supposed to be part of a conference call - hosting it on the evening he was killed
8) a phone call from TA's cell in the afternoon of the murder
9) Roommate was home on the day of the murder from 3-4pm . . . . after the sexcapades and before the shower/murder - he didn't get home until later that night
10) the floor cleaner had been assembled and was out in the middle of the floor
11) the banister had been polished (part of the sexcapades?)
12) the dog was fenced out of ability to go upstairs
13) TA's CTR ring and watch were by the kitchen sink . . . (did he have a need to remove his LDS "Chose the Right" ring while having intercourse?)
14) JA showed up w/3 others @ the LEO to have buccal swabs and fingerprinting done (at approx 6pm - maybe hoping Flores would have gone home by then?) instead of coming in by herself . . . then saying "people were saying she might be involved" and further invoking her right to an Atty before speaking to Det's.
15) JA apologizing for invoking right to Atty and agrees to speak to Det's later (?)
16) John Hepworth moved out abruptly and did not see "eye to eye" - wonder what that was about
17) TA's concerns about how it might "look" to have a friend room in with him (female) when his roommates had the girlfriends in their rooms. (one roommate was with his girlfriend in his bedroom the night all of the friends found TA dead)
18) Doesn't sound like the roommates utilized any of the rest of the house frequently - sounds like they all pretty much stayed to themselves in their rooms.
I found it very interesting that JA testified Travis had called her about what type of camera he should get because she was a photographer etc. Funny it was very similar to what one of Travis's roommates had stated. JA snags bits and pieces of others testimony/story and tries to make them her own.
Just a note on the homophone-type misspellings (donning vs dawning, deluded vs diluted). Sometimes when I'm writing stuff, typing it out at the computer, and I'm in a zone, I'll make similar sorts of errors. It's never that I don't know which words to use, it's like my fingers are taking dictation from my brain and doing things based on sound. Strange but true.
I also will sometimes type entirely wrong words too, like if I hear someone say something, or am thinking suddenly of something else, a completely incorrect word might slip in.
I wonder what changed JA's mind about getting an attorney before her interview? Hmm...
BIG MISTAKE! Any attorney would have advised her to keep her mouth shut! I doubt she would have though.
Thanks Nurse for all the good links to the reports and interviews. I can't watch every single day, so its nice to be able to refresh my memory from time to time.
I also found it funny that JA didn't want to speak without an attorney present. She couldn't keep it to herself if she tried. She is a person who needs to talk and talk and talk. Hoping that she can convince people of her innocence.
ETA: I also noticed that minus the defense wounds and the gunshot, this report shows a total of 21 stabwounds (including the neck cut).
I've seen comments regarding two (?) knives found in boxes of books and a handgun she had right before she was arrested but I haven't been able to locate the document being referenced. Can someone point me in that direction?
MOO - She was dying to get a dialogue going with the detective. She probably thought that requesting the attorney so quickly gave the impression she had something to hide, and so in order to "prove" her innocence and look like just another one of Travis' compliant friends, she went ahead and met with the detective. She wanted to be in the midst of it all...she can't keep quiet.
I also forgot about the comment that JA wanted to get her clothes from TA's house . . . did she say this because she was in fear she might have left clothing there from the day of the murder?
I completely believe that she wanted to scope out what LE was up to in the room double check if anything was left there.
My thought also, and maybe just maybe since she said Travis told her she had clothes there, LE might let her in and she will find the darned camera...
Snipped for focus on #5.
I read that email a bit differently. I don't see Jodi projecting her religiousity and shame. Rather, I see her attuned to what LISA would find most demoralizing and embarrassing/ shameful. I feel that Lisa's adherence to her Mormon faith is genuine, but Jodi's "faith" (IMO) was and is only for "show", to further manipulate and ensnare Travis and his group of friends into her predatory lifestyle.
By demeaning Lisa and accusing her of sexual thoughts and behavior that is clearly discouraged/ forbidden in the Mormon church, Jodi attacks Lisa far more effectively than a simple "stay away from my man" message. IMO, she was seeking to emotionally destroy and shame Lisa at a deep level-- not just tell her to stay away. Manipulating her via appealing to her faith. To me, this is another example of Jodi's "chameleon" behavior.
I also wanted to comment on the email she composed to Travis, and the finding of Temple Garments in the washer (or dryer--can't remember now.)
The emails are quite plainly histrionic and manipulative. They are difficult to read, they are so convoluted and histrionic. The emails she wrote to Travis don't appeal to his deeper issues of faith-- which, IMO, she did not want to remind him of, since he struggled with this. They barely, if ever, mention faith at all-- just friendship. The phone sex call likewise focused on superficial, secular concerns-- sex, movies, music, etc. No mention or reminders of his faith (and supposedly HER new faith, as well.) She did everything she could to gain entry into his Mormon lifestyle-- and then did everything she could to distract him AWAY from that lifestyle.
Travis was so devout he apparently regularly wore Temple Garments, which were found in the washer (according to the investigative report), and the other 2 housemates said they did not wear. I worked (as a military nurse) with a large Mormon population in the 1980's when I was stationed in the southwest-- and I learned a lot about what Temple Garments mean to devout Mormons. Many of my patients were reluctant to ever completely remove them-- even keeping them looped around an ankle or arm while bathing, and beginning to put on clean ones. Some women wore their bras over the garments, and we would have to get very creative with things like ECG leads, etc.
Anyway, I digress about the garments, because I've heard that some very devout Mormons even keep their garments on during sexual intercourse. So learning that Travis wore garments puts his sexual relationship with Jodi in another light for me. She knew Travis wore garments, and what that meant. She used and used and used sex to manipulate his MIND and his FAITH, as much as his body, IMO.
I "get" that they engaged in consensual sex. However, Jodi used sex as her snare. She knew it was the one thing that could keep his attention diverted from his commitment to his usual lifestyle and faith. She hoped it would be enough to get him to commit to her, so she could use him and his money and lifestyle as long as she wanted, as his permanent GF, and then wife. When sex wasn't enough to keep him interested permanently, she hatched the plan to kill him out of spite and revenge, imo. And by killing him before he married, she prevented him from achieving the highest level of heaven in the Mormon faith. I think it's possible she taunted him with those sorts of things as she was killing him.
She is predatory, and despicable.
She is a talker and a writer. Always a Prosecutors favorite kind!
Separate names with a comma.