Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

I doubt it's the A's - if they did this, then they will need to either shell out a lot of money to retain another lawyer OR give Casey a court appointed lawyer - if either of these happen, Casey WILL lose her dream team because there will be no money to pay them

It's doubtful that the A's did anything

My guess it's someone within the entertainment company that someone is working with who is maybe getting this stuff from did it - tho I'm not too sure about that either because it would cost the company too much money

Neither agreeing nor disagreeing, just tossing this out there (re: bolded above).

I'm not convinced that the A's wouldn't take this step at this point in time
- it is evident that GA at least, has been wary of JB since the beginning
- the resentment that JB is holding off on allowing the remains to be released must be excruciating (Yes, I believe JB is the Chief Road Block currently on this issue, not the SA)
- likewise, knowing full well JB has been the primary KC gate-keeper and prevents visits with the A's (moreso than threat of being taped does)
- at this point, I think the A's are more realistic than not deep down, and would probably like to see KC have the opportunity to plea out, and I don't believe that door is still open with JB at the helm
(these aren't my only thoughts, but these are the ones that don't have anything to do with $$)

I believe there is a plausible case that it could be the A's - not that it is, but that it could be.

Neither agreeing nor disagreeing, just tossing this out there (re: bolded above).

- the resentment that JB is holding off on allowing the remains to be released must be excruciating (Yes, I believe JB is the Chief Road Block currently on this issue, not the SA)
- likewise, knowing full well JB has been the primary KC gate-keeper and prevents visits with the A's (moreso than threat of being taped does)- at this point, I think the A's are more realistic than not deep down, and would probably like to see KC have the opportunity to plea out, and I don't believe that door is still open with JB at the helm
(these aren't my only thoughts, but these are the ones that don't have anything to do with $$)

I believe there is a plausible case that it could be the A's - not that it is, but that it could be.

I believe this is very possible too. Everything I have heard CA and GA say about Baez (which granted is not much) says they are not fond of him. *I really agree with bolded.

Think about it - if this was the A's who reported JB, then they would have to retain another lawyer - I did some research on this - it is not cheap and it seems that the A's are not rolling in the cash money - so either they retain the lawyer AND then the A's would have to pay for the experts - OR Casey gets a public defender

This is why they didn't do it - they would have to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars JUST for the lawyer - then ALL expenses for the experts

It wasn't them - it was someone else

- likewise, knowing full well JB has been the primary KC gate-keeper and prevents visits with the A's (moreso than threat of being taped does)
- at this point, I think the A's are more realistic than not deep down, and would probably like to see KC have the opportunity to plea out, and I don't believe that door is still open with JB at the helm

Totally agree this is plausible. Could this be why LE was at the A's house the other day? I know that LE isn't the Bar, but maybe the complaint was started with LE.

I doubt it's the A's - if they did this, then they will need to either shell out a lot of money to retain another lawyer OR give Casey a court appointed lawyer - if either of these happen, Casey WILL lose her dream team because there will be no money to pay them

It's doubtful that the A's did anything

My guess it's someone within the entertainment company that someone is working with who is maybe getting this stuff from did it - tho I'm not too sure about that either because it would cost the company too much money

I don't know anything about Bar investigations or hearings about ethical misconduct.

You seem to have a good handle.

Hypothetical: *If* it should happen that the Bar finds something and has a hearing with Mr. Baez, does the complainant have to be there with an attorney or is it considered an internal matter (the Bar's own review panel or whatever it might be called has a special attorneys on their to "prosecute" if that is the right word.)

Analogy: I am thinking of cases of alleged police officer misconduct. If internal affairs reviews the case, finds cause, then has a whatever it is with the officer, the complainant as far as I know does not need to be there / have representation unless that party is suing--it would go to civil court. The defendant / officer may, though, have counsel....I guess.

How do these things work, in case of a Bar ethical investigation?

Think about it - if this was the A's who reported JB, then they would have to retain another lawyer - I did some research on this - it is not cheap and it seems that the A's are not rolling in the cash money - so either they retain the lawyer AND then the A's would have to pay for the experts - OR Casey gets a public defender

This is why they didn't do it - they would have to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars JUST for the lawyer - then ALL expenses for the experts

Sorry, a follow up. Setting aside the issue of KC's defense.

Doesn't the Bar have to deal with their own? Isn't a Bar procedure different from a civil suit? Police Internal Affairs discipline their own, as does AMA.

I can see if the A's decided to sue, then they would need all the legal apparatus.

Glad to see that someone is taking a deeper view into the smoke and mirror world of JB. Someone needs to insure he hasn't built a castle in there somewhere and is keeping the damsel in his dungeon only to feed to the dragon in the end. ;) I prefer her to rot in jail without any possibility of a second trial. I don't think I could take it!!

EVERYONE either keeps forgetting or unaware - Casey will get an automatic appeal no matter what JB does, or what the press does or what her parents do, or what joe schmo does - her constitutional right gets her an automatic appeal that will go to the appeals committee for the State of Florida who will then after reading very detailed briefs from both the defense and prosecution will either grant her appeal and she will get a new trial OR they will deny her appeal in which, her appeals lawyer will go back to the drawing board and try for another appeal

It's basic procedure for these kinds of cases

I think an automatic appeal only applies to a death sentence.

"Baez declined an on-camera interview, but added that he has nothing to hide. "
ok...

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18523723/detail.html

I like Atty Hornsby. I believe he is the one who spoke of "how clean" the trunk of the car was.

"Hornsby said he most surprised about how clean the trunk was, and believes a second suspect will surface.

"If the hypothesis that Caylee was in the trunk is true, whoever helped Miss Anthony was very intelligent, and I would have to think they had some law enforcement background," Hornsby said.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/10/24/forensic_evidence_released_in_caylee_case.html
Jose Baez declining an on-camera interview, in and of itself is newsworthy!
Something's up if he wouldn't go on camera.

BC on behalf of the A's, I wonder?

It is almost unheard of for a fellow bar member to lodge a complaint like this directly with the bar.. they just dont. Not to say they don't initate it by other means, but NOBODY wants this taped to their back.

I think an automatic appeal only applies to a death sentence.

Correct, if this stays a non-capital case, she of course has the constitutional right of appeal, but it would not be automatic.

There are 2 avenues for investigating JB, both are apparently being pursued, so I am guessing somebody means business. Personally, I think this is little more than a territory war..

Totally agree this is plausible. Could this be why LE was at the A's house the other day? I know that LE isn't the Bar, but maybe the complaint was started with LE.

I am leaning towards Fiornal's (SP? Sorry F!) theory that LE was at the A's on the 16th as a courtesy before the additional 300 pages of docs were released to JB. It appears that they've tried very hard to be respectful and to advise the A's in advance of discomforting news.

I don't think LE would have a stake in the Bar investigation as far as the complaint being filed, but that just an opinion.

It is almost unheard of for a fellow bar member to lodge a complaint like this directly with the bar.. they just dont. Not to say they don't initate it by other means, but NOBODY wants this taped to their back.

Sorry, I must have misread an earlier post which I interpreted to mean that such a complaint usually IS/WAS filed by another attorney/member of the bar.

I'll reread.

Maybe they don't care if KC has a lawyer or not. They're not obligated to pay for her defense. Maybe they feel she is guilty. If she's found to be guilty she can't profit off her crime but the A's can. They may not want to share this with Baez. I don't know...it could be as you say and they are backing her 100%. On the other hand, they may despise her for what they think she did to their beloved Caylee.

I am leaning towards Fiornal's (SP? Sorry F!) theory that LE was at the A's on the 16th as a courtesy before the additional 300 pages of docs were released to JB. It appears that they've tried very hard to be respectful and to advise the A's in advance of discomforting news.

I don't think LE would have a stake in the Bar investigation as far as the complaint being filed, but that just an opinion.

PH is right, by law, LE has no "interest" in Casey's representation of record whatsoever. Everyone seems to be of the opinion the A's called them, I have not been able to confirm that?

However, if it were in the best interest of his clients and it could be perceived as the parents protecting their daughter in jail against the attorney who is possibly denying them access to said daughter, not to mention holding their grandchild's body hostage preventing a burial or cremation, plus possibly taking their money away by selling things they want to sell...well that list just goes on and on...doesn't it? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back