Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242773056.html

Data suppression, regarding Coronavirus. Really. No...

Florida has done an absolutely amazing job, of obfuscation.
(I totally love that word, and so few opportunities to use it.).
LOL! Appropriate word!!! What blows my mind is the powers to be don’t seem to understand how transparent they really are. Their reason for moves & shuffles & firing of staff is typically obvious. This lady is very intelligent, talented and articulate. Another company will recognize her talent, snap her up and take good care of her. FL has no idea what they’ve lost. Brain drain is real. JMO

People were being reported symptomatic as early as January 1...IMO it is sounding more and more like they don’t want this information out as it wasn’t responded to until the end of March.

Florida Health Department officials told manager to delete coronavirus data before reassigning her, emails show

That day, according to the Miami Herald, reporters contacted the department to ask about the “EventDate” field of data, which showed when people first reported coronavirus symptoms or positive test results. Some people had listed dates as early as January 1, indicating people reported symptomatic or tested positive much earlier than when cases were confirmed in March. It is unclear when the state learned about those cases, or when the people were tested.

Sometime that day, the column vanished from the “Person Cases” data, which lists anonymized records for every confirmed case in Florida. The Palm Beach Post reported the disappearance the next day, May 5.

People were being reported symptomatic as early as January 1...IMO it is sounding more and more like they don’t want this information out as it wasn’t responded to until the end of March.

Florida Health Department officials told manager to delete coronavirus data before reassigning her, emails show

That day, according to the Miami Herald, reporters contacted the department to ask about the “EventDate” field of data, which showed when people first reported coronavirus symptoms or positive test results. Some people had listed dates as early as January 1, indicating people reported symptomatic or tested positive much earlier than when cases were confirmed in March. It is unclear when the state learned about those cases, or when the people were tested.

Sometime that day, the column vanished from the “Person Cases” data, which lists anonymized records for every confirmed case in Florida. The Palm Beach Post reported the disappearance the next day, May 5.
make sense especially if they traveled overseas during the christmas holiday or went on cruises (I did) and again in March - I count myself very lucky now. I may get the antibody test especially if it can help someone
JMO

make sense especially if they traveled overseas during the christmas holiday or went on cruises (I did) and again in March - I count myself very lucky now. I may get the antibody test especially if it can help someone
JMO
Don’t forget about all the people who traveled from overseas to here too...and all the cruise passengers who embarked and disembarked from here....then getting on flights to elsewhere...the spread starts...

Don’t forget about all the people who traveled from overseas to here too...and all the cruise passengers who embarked and disembarked from here....then getting on flights to elsewhere...the spread starts...

Wouldn't there have been an uptick in deaths at ALF and nursing homes? Wouldn't that have been noted?

Interesting timing that the state employee in charge of the COVID-19 dashboard was removed after she wouldn’t suppress data, and Pence is coming to Orlando today to meet with Desantis to discuss reopening the tourism industry.

....and Pence is also personally delivering PPE to “a” nursing home...one of the many that Florida has. Too bad this wasn’t provided earlier to these nursing homes.

MOO

Pence to visit Orlando nursing home, talk tourism on Wednesday

This response is not surprising. Add this to the blame game...

Communications director for Gov. Ron DeSantis Helen Aguirre Ferre sent a statement to News 6 explaining why Jones was fired.

“Rebekah Jones exhibited a repeated course of insubordination during her time with the Department, including her unilateral decisions to modify the Department’s COVID-19 dashboard without input or approval from the epidemiological team or her supervisors. The blatant disrespect for the professionals who were working around the clock to provide the important information for the COVID-19 website was harmful to the team,” Ferre said.

Ferre added accuracy is crucial during a pandemic.

“Having someone disruptive cannot be tolerated during this public pandemic, which led the Department to determine that it was best to terminate her employment,” Ferre said.

more at link

State explains why manager of Florida’s coronavirus dashboard was fired

Last edited:
This response is not surprising. Add this to the blame game...

Communications director for Gov. Ron DeSantis Helen Aguirre Ferre sent a statement to News 6 explaining why Jones was fired.

“Rebekah Jones exhibited a repeated course of insubordination during her time with the Department, including her unilateral decisions to modify the Department’s COVID-19 dashboard without input or approval from the epidemiological team or her supervisors. The blatant disrespect for the professionals who were working around the clock to provide the important information for the COVID-19 website was harmful to the team,” Ferre said.

Ferre added accuracy is crucial during a pandemic.

“Having someone disruptive cannot be tolerated during this public pandemic, which led the Department to determine that it was best to terminate her employment,” Ferre said.

more at link

State explains why manager of Florida’s coronavirus dashboard was fired
And now they’ve created a PR nightmare and must do damage control. Tell another lie to cover up another lie. Florida stats are bogus, we know it and have long suspected it, and now, the entire state & country & world knows.

FL Has always been a giant fish bowl full of sharks and alligators.

Luckily the Dolphins are smart enough to recognise the danger and TRUTH.

No offense to #salt life or fresh water.

You all know what I mean.

I love the manitee's

What will we see in November?
It's all the Covid 19's fault. Yeah same ole same ole. I trust nobody in office at this point.
However I do trust you all here on WS.

Stay Safe
Prepare yourselves.
Hurricanes season is approaching

And here we go again with the real estate domino effect.... New housing projects have not slowed from what I’ve seen in SWFL. I have heard rumblings of lower sales.

This is Charlotte County with no major industry beyond tourism. This particular project isn’t far from where my oldest lives. There is a park nearby along the water that she goes to walk at. It butts up to a really old neighborhood of small homes on large lots. The land is where the value is.

The condos and the apartments in the area have been refurbished. This was where Hurricane Charley did a lot of damage. Essentially this resort and some nearby projects were attempting to gentrify the area. This has not been well received in this little portion of the community. These are retirees, homeowners, apartment dwellers with modest income. They’ve lived there for years and want to be left alone. As a result of a virus, these people will have a big blight of unfinished construction but peace and quiet. JMO

Charlotte County:
Allegiant Air won't spend new capital on Sunseeker project for 18 months

Allegiant cuts funding to Sunseeker Resort on the Suncoast

So, we are not the only states playing the numbers game. There should have been a standard reporting system from the top at the beginning. All states reporting the same way. It should have originated from WHO or a similar , non political based organization. JMO

Florida and Georgia facing scrutiny for their Covid-19 data reporting
Florida and Georgia facing scrutiny for their Covid-19 data reporting - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members