Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The minions were sent.

This leads to another issue.

My husband and I have always voted by mail. I am disturbed by the innuendos lately that all mail in ballots equal voter fraud.
This bothers me too. In 2016 my daughter was in St Thomas getting her Masters degree. She did a mail in ballot. Nobody raised a stink back then.

In the recent FL primary, my daughter took my paperwork to the voting office for me. I wanted to be set up for voting by mail. I made an online account and clicked all voting sessions in the future that I wanted to do by mail. Nobody raised a stink then.

My opinion only but if someone is making the effort with the voting office to specifically vote by mail, it’s not bogus. Any problems begin once the paperwork is received by the administration processing the ballots. If the processors are not provided proper training, that’s an issue for each state's administration to solve.

Yes, the media should report on it but let’s put the blame where it belongs, on each state administrator. Not insinuating the voters are doing something wrong. JMO

Chris Mann, He's got another COVID parody out. Posting this one in the Florida thread as unemployment in MSM so often

He's done many re COVID, but this one he did a while back still brings tears to me and was his best thanking healthcare workers etc. in case you missed... at times of stress and difficulties, music soothes my soul... and can make me laugh... and for that... I am grateful

How wonderful that both VP Pence and HHS Secretary Azar are both in Florida to support Governor Desantis. o_O

US health secretary visits TIAA Bank's COVID-19 testing site
Who can we expect next? Lots of “touting” going on o_O

Coronavirus: Touting reopening, HHS Secretary Alex Azar visiting Jacksonville

Details about the time of Azar’s visit and specific locations other than the Lot J testing facility haven’t been announced. The visit is part of a chain of appearances by members of the President Donald Trump’s administration, including a visit to Orlando by Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday.

...and today Desantis announced this, effective today...
Ron DeSantis: Florida ‘lifting all restrictions on youth activities’

Details about the time of Azar’s visit and specific locations other than the Lot J testing facility haven’t been announced. The visit is part of a chain of appearances by members of the President Donald Trump’s administration, including a visit to Orlando by Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday.

Everyone is just so impressed by the leadership of Governor Desantis. And the low numbers of cases in Florida.

The rest of the United States has to watch how successful Florida is at getting back to work. And other governors need to take lessons from Desantis on how to manage data in their states. o_O

...and today Desantis announced this, effective today...
Ron DeSantis: Florida ‘lifting all restrictions on youth activities’
And yet my niece has called every summer camp and unless your kid attended last year, they won’t even put you on the wait list. She’s a hair dresser too so it’s not like she can take him to the office.

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Friday that he was ending all restrictions on youth activities across the state, including camps and youth sports. The declaration was the governor’s latest move to wake Florida from its coronavirus-induced economic slumber.

I watched ‘AKA Jane Roe’ last night on FX, was really looking forward to it. As I was watching, I couldn’t believe all the commercials, so I finally started timing it...6 minutes of the show then 12-13 commercials... this went on and on throughout the two hour show. It was like they had saved up all the commercials from the last months where it was only Coronavirus ...now commercials for car sales, chain restaurants, cell phone companies, insurance companies ...you name it, they were all there!! They surely made up for their lost ad revenue!

The show footage was probably ‘maybe’ 25 minutes of the two hour show. Had it not been so interesting of this important time, I would have turned it off.

I watched ‘AKA Jane Roe’ last night on FX, was really looking forward to it. As I was watching, I couldn’t believe all the commercials, so I finally started timing it...6 minutes of the show then 12-13 commercials... this went on and on throughout the two hour show. It was like they had saved up all the commercials from the last months where it was only Coronavirus ...now commercials for car sales, chain restaurants, cell phone companies, insurance companies ...you name it, they were all there!! They surely made up for their lost ad revenue!

The show footage was probably ‘maybe’ 25 minutes of the two hour show. Had it not been so interesting of this important time, I would have turned it off.
Exactly why I haven’t owned a TV or had cable TV service in 5+ years. I just read online and rarely even watch a news video.

Thank goodness I have Comcast as there are option to avoid some of it. Do you have Comcast?

#1. Start the show, put on pause, and then do something else. The Comcast cable allows you to "retain" the last 23 minutes so after 20 minutes, start watching and fast forward through commercials. Then when it catches up to commercials, do another household chore for 20 minutes and come back lol.

#2. DVR the show. Until I cut through my cable last week, I had no idea that I had "free" DVR of 20 hours with my plan (which is one of the cheapest). That way, DVR the show and watch later and fast forward through commercials. Some networks don't allow, most do.

Thank goodness I have Comcast as there are option to avoid some of it. Do you have Comcast?

#1. Start the show, put on pause, and then do something else. The Comcast cable allows you to "retain" the last 23 minutes so after 20 minutes, start watching and fast forward through commercials. Then when it catches up to commercials, do another household chore for 20 minutes and come back lol.

#2. DVR the show. Until I cut through my cable last week, I had no idea that I had "free" DVR of 20 hours with my plan (which is one of the cheapest). That way, DVR the show and watch later and fast forward through commercials. Some networks don't allow, most do.
Thanks, but I have Spectrum...wish I had another choice but they are the monopoly in my area. Not a happy customer.

Thanks, but I have Spectrum...wish I had another choice but they are the monopoly in my area. Not a happy customer.

Tell me about it. My husband likes to watch various news programs. That is it. Why do we pay for 200+ channels? He only wants to watch 5. But, you have to buy the most expensive package to get what he wants.

Well, it is his only entertainment. Needed now, more than ever.

Who knows if these numbers are even close to being accurate. I just keep thinking of these families. They've experienced such a trauma by not being able to connect to their loved ones. The mental health repercussions will last for years.

Florida long-term-care facilities' resident deaths from COVID-19 jump by 24% in past week

Some snips:
There have been 1,032 resident deaths from COVID-19 since the outbreak began, with an increase of 199 deaths in the past seven days. That is a 23.9% increase for the week.

Florida has reported 2,232 confirmed deaths from coronavirus-related illness, and those at nursing homes and assisted-living facilities account for about 46.6% of those fatalities.

The state Health Department data shows 236 of these facilities have reported at least one death so far; 25 more facilities have had deaths since a week ago. From May 8-15, 177 deaths were reported in the facilities.

According to the Florida Health Care Association, a trade group, there are 691 licensed nursing homes in the state with more than 84,400 beds, and 3,080 assisted-living facilities with more than 106,000 beds.

So what the heck is so exciting about the Keys that these 2 morons just had to be there? This poor girl must have been so scared! They need to arrest the woman too!

Teen allegedly abducted for her lockdown pass

Sardinas approached the teen at a market in Homestead and threatened violence if she didn't take the pair through the nearby checkpoint, sheriff's officials said. The girl's vehicle had a sticker indicating she is a resident of the Keys, they said.

"Sardinas threatened to hurt the victim if she refused," the sheriff's office said. "Sardinas threatened to hurt the victim if she touched her cell phone."

The teen drove the couple to the checkpoint, showed her identification with a Keys address and was allowed to pass, authorities said. She did not report the situation at the checkpoint because she was frightened, they said.

Once dropped off, the girl told a family member what happened and authorities were notified, the sheriff's office said.

So what the heck is so exciting about the Keys that these 2 morons just had to be there? This poor girl must have been so scared! They need to arrest the woman too!

Teen allegedly abducted for her lockdown pass

Sardinas approached the teen at a market in Homestead and threatened violence if she didn't take the pair through the nearby checkpoint, sheriff's officials said. The girl's vehicle had a sticker indicating she is a resident of the Keys, they said.

"Sardinas threatened to hurt the victim if she refused," the sheriff's office said. "Sardinas threatened to hurt the victim if she touched her cell phone."

The teen drove the couple to the checkpoint, showed her identification with a Keys address and was allowed to pass, authorities said. She did not report the situation at the checkpoint because she was frightened, they said.

Once dropped off, the girl told a family member what happened and authorities were notified, the sheriff's office said.
Yes, very scary for this 17 yr old girl traveling from her father’s home back to her mom’s in Key west, stopping at Publix where the abduction happened.

Much more in this article...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article242929406.html

The ordeal started in the morning when the man, Alexander Michael Sardinas, 37, and a MIchelle Lynne Peterson, 43, were turned away from the checkpoint at mile marker 112.5 as passengers in a taxi. Even though Sardinas lives in Tavernier and Peterson is from Islamorada, they did not have the proper identification or paperwork showing they either live or work in the Keys, said Adam Linhardt, sheriff’s office spokesman.

LifeSouth Testing All Donors For COVID-19 Antibodies As It Faces Critical Blood Need

This may have already been posted. For anyone who is healthy and can donate blood, it looks like the area could benefit from donations. As a bonus, the blood donor gets a "free" antibody test for Covid-19. Lots of blood donation centers doing this to encourage donation.

"To qualify to give blood, donors must be at least 17 (or 16 with parental permission), weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be in good health. A photo ID is also needed." There's a number to call and the bloodmobile locations and dates in the article.

Everyone is just so impressed by the leadership of Governor Desantis. And the low numbers of cases in Florida.

The rest of the United States has to watch how successful Florida is at getting back to work. And other governors need to take lessons from Desantis on how to manage data in their states. o_O

Attachments

• 9F27A22E-274E-45AB-8CA7-3EF48BCB4271.jpeg
    9F27A22E-274E-45AB-8CA7-3EF48BCB4271.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics