Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Discussion in 'Current Statistics for Each Individual States' started by nye bevan, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241822841.html

Florida’s Department of Health on Tuesday morning confirmed 875 additional cases of COVID-19, bringing the total of confirmed cases in the state to 14,504. There were 29 new deaths reported, with a total of 283 statewide.

Of the new confirmed cases, 851 are Florida residents and 24 are non-residents who were diagnosed or isolated in the state. Of the statewide total of confirmed cases, 14,504 are Florida residents. Health officials say 1,719 people are hospitalized in the state.

More @ link above
    Break down of some South FL. Counties.
    Stay Safe

2. LeeAnnB

LeeAnnB Well-Known Member

I have family in Florida and a friend of my sister who works at a golf course says that they have never been busier. Grrrrr

musicaljoke and Steph8angels like this.
  3. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Insanity. Since when is golf an "essential business"?

4. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

14,747 cases
    14,302 positive residents
    1,893 in hospital
    296 deaths

ArcGIS Dashboards
    (This link also has county results. Click on county for info)

PayrollNerd and Steph8angels like this.
  5. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

I live on a golf course...yep, they are out there. only one person allowed per cart. Geesh...

6. mickey2942

And yet, they closed down ski resorts. Beaches. But, not golf! We must be able to golf!

Seriously, skiing is the ultimate non contact sport. Of course, I may be biased, missing the best spring skiing season ever.

7. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Report from my aunt and uncle in Brevard County FL (east coast): the beaches are open but the parking areas are blocked. People are parking along Hwy A1A, not in a marked spot, and going to the beach. Lots of ticket revenue for the local LE..... gosh people, stay your butt home!!!

8. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

No, likely not picked up by American media. It's a big viral story in China, many netizens actually condemn her behaviour. And the story was picked up in Hong Kong; Apple Daily is a Hong Kong MSM but it doesn't have an English version.

Steph8angels likes this.
  9. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

I'm in Pinellas County, and we have many more cases here. I am on day 19 of self isolation, because I am taking care of my 90 year old mother. My boyfriend is the only one who leaves the house and works by himself, so he doesn't come into contact with anyone. He said the traffic is down, and it seems like people are adhering to the restrictions. The stores in the area, are low on the usual items, and I have been having groceries delivered.

10. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

I believe we still have many tourists here. In the villa complex where I live, "snow birds" were congregating at the pool. The HOA finally put a stop to it, and then they started sitting between their units with lawn chairs. That also has been stopped.

momrids6, Steph8angels, BUF and 2 others like this.
  11. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

This is going to be a very different world when this is "over" because think of all the people that died and all they did in this world, like jobs, family, and what they must have contributed to our world when they were alive. They are suddenly gone, and some one has to step into their rules and pick up where they left off. I don't think people understand the magnitude of this yet.

12. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

13. mickey2942

My daughter lives in a trendy tourist town, with a small college. Up and down Main street there are moving vans, small restaurants and businesses are closing down. Forever.

momrids6, BUF, Steph8angels and 2 others like this.
  14. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

Could you better explain this story...Can't figure out the code.. ha ha

musicaljoke and Steph8angels like this.
  15. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

It is such a shame, I know there will be lots of restaurants and little stores that will not make it. We are trying to eat take out or deal with small privately owned business to keep them afloat but so many people are not working. They can't afford to eat take out now, many of the young couples lost both incomes and the kids are at home. The whole thing is just so sad the whole way around.

16. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

15,456 cases
    15,003 positive residents
    1,955 in hospital
    309 deaths

ArcGIS Dashboards
    (This link also has county results. Click on county for info)

Steph8angels likes this.
  17. mickey2942

Still going up 1,000 a day. Every day this week. And those are the ones who are getting tested.

I am not surprised that Florida is not mentioned in the President's press conference every day. This is not a good model.

BUF and Steph8angels like this.
  18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

19. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

Florida coronavirus update for Wednesday: Fewer deaths projected, but still in thousands as state cases pass 15K

The state death toll stood at 71 a week ago, and now stands at 296.

Florida coronavirus fatalities keep doubling about every four days as the state’s death toll passed 300 at what could be the beginning of a surge that doesn’t relent until summer.

The state now has 15,456 cases and 309 deaths. Nationwide, with over 400,000 cases, the U.S. death toll is approaching 13,000. Worldwide, there are over 1.4 million cases and over 83,600 fatalities, according to the Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center.

More @ link
    Stay safe

20. mickey2942

Steph8angels and BUF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.