Florida Woman Disappeared, But Never Left Home

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by MaryLiz, Aug 19, 2011.

1. MaryLiz

MaryLiz New Member

2. Loading...

3. Paintr

Paintr New Member

What a lonely way to live and to end your life. Poor woman. May she rest in peace, :rose:

4. Cracka*Jaxx

Cracka*Jaxx Active Member

You're so right, this was depressing. If only someone had noticed her mental decline ...

5. lorann

lorann New Member

You are right, such a sad sad story. The man who bought the house very quickly found her after years of others who failed. I thought when wellfare checks were requested, thorough searches were done. If just one relative, one friend, one neighbor, one police officer ...

6. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

OMG... this brought real tears to my eyes. There are a thousand of her out there.

:(

7. Cracka*Jaxx

Cracka*Jaxx Active Member

This touched close to home for me. I'm single, no children, in my 50's and on disability. Sometimes when I get depressed I can envision something like this happening to me. I don't keep a regular schedule and there were times when I was sick and didn't venture outside for a week. Thank goodness, a retired older couple who live across the street always call when they don't see me for a couple of days. Plus, I'm sure my sister would notice if we didn't talk for several days! But, these things have crossed my mind.

8. MaryLiz

MaryLiz New Member

I agree, Cracka*Jaxx..I'm the same way. I have relatives who would check on me as well. But it's so scary because this could happen to anyone living alone.

9. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

Besides the obvious tragedy of her life and death - that was beautifully written.

10. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

At least we know her story and realize the powerful hold of mental illness. For that she has left a piece of her legacy behind...and I hope this story helps someone in the future.

RIP.

Mel

11. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

So sad.. the poor woman. RIP

12. annalyzer

annalyzer Rest in Peace

yeah me too

13. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

I don't think you're alone. Even though I'm married, and have 1 child - I don't want to be forgotten. That's why I hope my fine friends on WS's will come looking for me in case I stop posting! Thankfully I have a couple of you here on my FB that can send my hubby a note. It's a skeery feeling...thinking that no one is going to remember you. One of my biggest fears is being home alone and something happening...not being able to get to a phone. I'm sure many of us might feel the same way :(

Hugs to you my friend.

Mel

14. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

It is sad very sad, but did I read this right that the person who found her said her head was on the floorboard of the car and her feet were up by the headrest part?

Why in that position? Something is strange with that if I did indeed read it correctly. It is late and I'm about to go off to bed. Too tired now to go re-read it.

15. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

[​IMG]

Rest in peace, Kathryn Norris.

16. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Yes, evidently...

17. deelytful1

deelytful1 *~a mere mortal~*

I am in tears. In a world of billions, we can still be so alone. I'm sure her isolating herself made her illness that much more worse. I hope her death was quick and peaceful.
    So sad. She is in the ultimate place of peace now with more friends than she could have imagined.
    RIP Kathryn Norris

18. MaryLiz

MaryLiz New Member

I agree..it was very poignantly written and really pulled the reader in.

After reading the story, I wanted to post it here because I knew she would receive a kind of reconigition in death that she never had in life. It's just so terrifying, how fine the line is between reality and mental despair, and how easy it is to step over it. RIP, Kathryn.

19. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

How sad :(
    snip
    She was buried in Ohio. There was a short service. Her brief obituary said she would be missed.

really no one ever reported her missing :(

20. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

It is sad very sad, but did I read this right that the person who found her said her head was on the floorboard of the car and her feet were up by the headrest part?

Why in that position? Something is strange with that if I did indeed read it correctly. It is late and I'm about to go off to bed. Too tired now to go re-read it.

21. MaryLiz

MaryLiz New Member

Yes, I thought that was strange too.

"Her head was on the floor and her feet were on the seat. The corpse, deputies wrote in their report, was wearing a dress."