Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like cooking dinner after work. I will, but it'll be easy. I'm going to make burger patties with cheese. Hubby will eat his dipped in Heinz 57, I will make me a patty melt on rye bread. I'll do baked steak fries. He'll dip his in sour cream, I'll sprinkle mine with cajun seasoning. I think I can manage that. :)
I love steak fries! I like to top them with cheddar cheese halfway through the baking process. Sometimes I add diced onion and chopped fresh tomato after taking them out of the oven and serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.

Errrrr, I can't really explain haggis and make it sound appetising haha you'll just need to take my word for it, it is delicious ! Tatties are potatoes yes.

When DH and I traveled (by car) around the United Kingdom, we stayed at a fabulous historic home just outside Edinburgh. The proprietors made their own haggis that was served as a breakfast sausage. We didn't know that the delicious sausage triangles were haggis until our hostess told us after we both said how good it was :D At another home where we stayed, our hosts served their homemade lamb sausage with breakfast.

I love steak fries! I like to top them with cheddar cheese halfway through the baking process. Sometimes I add diced onion and chopped fresh tomato after taking them out of the oven and serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.

Or how about some poutin?! Brown gravy and cheese curds on fries. Yum.

I don’t think there’s a single type of fry or potato dish I don’t like. Lol. I remember when this all first unfolded and my initial reaction was to stock up on tater tots. That’s funny because prior to that I only ate very, very healthy and low carb/fat.

That was obviously an indication of what was to come for me - because while I was initially so upset I couldn’t eat for a couple months and lost 30 lbs, I since gained that back and a whole lot more and am sadly at my current all time high, and as @Lilibet said, what a tragedy considering I/we said this was exactly what we weren’t going to do.

Wow! Bacon was like $22.00 two or three months ago, at Costco. Now, it is down to $15.99! My husband thinks bacon is a food group. I sort of wanted to buy 2 or 3 packs...but since I don't like to encourage his addiction, I didn't. He has to buy his own stash.

But, who knows what will happen? I heard people think supply chain issues and food is going to get crazy.

He loves to Pulverize bacon and rim the Bloody Mary glass with bacon.

Wow! Bacon was like $22.00 two or three months ago, at Costco. Now, it is down to $15.99! My husband thinks bacon is a food group. I sort of wanted to buy 2 or 3 packs...but since I don't like to encourage his addiction, I didn't. He has to buy his own stash.

But, who knows what will happen? I heard people think supply chain issues and food is going to get crazy.

He loves to Pulverize bacon and rim the Bloody Mary glass with bacon.
I've been noticing some things routinely out of stock. Cat food was a bear to find for awhile.

Or how about some poutin?! Brown gravy and cheese curds on fries. Yum.

I don’t think there’s a single type of fry or potato dish I don’t like. Lol. I remember when this all first unfolded and my initial reaction was to stock up on tater tots. That’s funny because prior to that I only ate very, very healthy and low carb/fat.

That was obviously an indication of what was to come for me - because while I was initially so upset I couldn’t eat for a couple months and lost 30 lbs, I since gained that back and a whole lot more and am sadly at my current all time high, and as @Lilibet said, what a tragedy considering I/we said this was exactly what we weren’t going to do.
I keep a 6 pound bag of Ore Ida tater tots in my freezer. It’s my go-to for quick easy casseroles and breakfast bakes.

Besides several actual recipes, I make “leftovers” casserole often and no matter what ingredients I use it always turns out to be tasty.

I just layer some frozen tater tots in the bottom of a baking dish, then top with cheese I shred from various leftover chunks of cheese. Then I layer on chopped and diced vegetables of different kinds. Then I make a mushroom sauce, or even use a can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom or cream of celery, and pour over the top.

The variations are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members